|Quick CV Search
Position sought: Analogue/Mixed Signal Hardware Design Engineer.
Experience: 10+ years Analogue/Digital Design in Space (EADS Astrium, MBDA & Comdev) and Defence (Thales Missile & Research)
Knowledge of space radiation environment, impact on electronics and mitigation techniques.
Apr 06 – Present (Permanent) ComDev Space Analogue Design Engineer
Comdev designs high reliability bespoke electronics for space.
• Analogue design. Transistor level design using PSPICE. Designed constant current sources, voltage regulators, amplifiers and misc circuits.
• RF power detector/automatic loop control electronics (up to 2GHz) development
• IF Amplifier (200MHz) constant gm over temperature development.
• Discrete bandgap voltage reference development.
• Simulation of the effects of SEE and total dose. Associated documentation: parts stress, worst case and SEE analysis.
• Project engineer for 3 projects Ka, Ku and X band Duplexers. Responsible for RF, mechanical, electronics and all other technical aspects of hardware. Supported assembly and test of units. Generated Non-conformance reports and amended documents accordingly.
• Contributed/checked FMECA, Reliability, Radiation sensitivity & EMC analysis documents.
• EMC Support
• Radiation environment analysis for LEO satellites.
• DCDC (SMPS) specification writing.
Dec 05 – Apr 06 (Contract) Smiths Aerospace Analogue Design Engineer
Smiths designs sensor interface units for aircraft
• Design of analogue hardware
• Debug and re-design of hardware
Aug 05 – Dec 05 (Contract) Goodrich Engine Controls Design Assurance
Goodrich designs engine control systems for aircraft
• Verify signal integrity on new ASICs
• Write software to test hardware
• Verify correct functionality of systems
• Debug and re-design of Hardware
Oct 04 – June 05 (Contract) MBDA Radiation Effects Engineer
The Radiation Effects Group within MBDA irradiates devices and analyses circuit performance.
• Design of digital and analogue circuits (ADC/DAC, and linear devices) Trials instrumentation and remote monitoring design.
• Support and perform equipment trials using in-house Lasers and external facilities.
• Data analysis of devices subjected to prompt dose trials
• PCB Design (ORCAD)
Sept 03 – Oct 04 (Contract) EADS Astrium Design Engineer
Astrium designs military, scientific and commercial satellites.
• Design and development of analogue circuits. Filters, CFB op-amps.
• Writing of technical report. DRP, WCA, PSA and SEE analysis.
• Research of multi-channel ADC/DAC (Delta Sigma) on a FPGA
April 03 – Sept 03 (Contract) Goodrich Power Systems Test and verification
Goodrich designs Electrical power generation systems for aircraft
• Design of test electronics and equipment
• Analysis of preliminary data
Oct 01 – Aug 02 (Permanent) ComDev Space Design Engineer
• Analogue circuit design: High speed, wide dynamic range log amps
• Development and production support for RF and analogue circuits.
• RF power detectors (L and X Band) development and devising high accuracy RF test setups.
• Worst case, loop stability and performance analysis/simulations
Oct 00 – Sept 01 (Permanent) Thales Research Hardware Design Engineer
Thales Research designs electronic warfare equipment.
• IQ downconvertor development (RF down converter and digital IQ demodulator)
• RF (2.5GHz) design: PLL, filters and clock distribution.
• Digital design: clock distribution and de-skewing.
• Responsible for the design and layout reviews, detailed design
Dec 97- Feb 00 (Permanent) Thales Missile Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
Thales Missile Electronics designs proximity fuzing units for missiles and ordnance.
• Analogue circuit design: low noise amplifiers; voltage regulators; current sources and oscillators using transistors and op-amps. The circuits would be designed with the aid of Microsim/ORCAD andt hen prototyped and tested.
• Digital/FPGA design: shift registers; 512 bit adders; counters and decision logic was designed with the aid of Altera Max Plus II.
• LASER range finder evaluation. A mixed signal design (employing pulse addition) was evaluated. The analogue evaluation involved high speed: LASER drivers, photo detectors (APD) and ADCs. MathCAD and Vissim were used for systems analysis.
Highly proficient with simulation tools, Microsim/ORCAD (PSPICE).
Knowledge and use of layout tools (ORCAD and Altium/Protel)
Proficient with Microsoft Office.
1996-1997 University of Nottingham MSc Electronic Engineering
1992-1995 University of Wales BSc (Hons) Physics with Solid Sate Electronics
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|