CV: Research assistant / Geodetic engineer
| Date Submitted:||15-12-2011|
| Last Modified:||15-12-2011 (02:32)|
- Master Student of the 3rd semester of Geomatics in Hochschule Karlsruhe – Technik und Wirtschaft (HsKA).
- HiWi (researching assistant) position Fraunhofer IOSB: Landslide modeling for real time forecasting in the INCA-CE Project (December 2010 until November 2011).
- Bachelor in Surveying, Universidad del Zulia, December 2009.
- Geodetic Engineer, Universidad del Zulia, March 2011.
- Spanish: Native language
- English: Fluency [TOEFL iBT 81 (552 PBT)]
- French: A2
- German: A2
- Bathymetric estimation in the marine areas of Venezuela from data obtained by satellite altimetry. Thesis to receive the degree of geodetic engineer. July 2010.
- Assistant Professor of Geometric Geodesy in Zulia University during January 2008 until December 2009.
- Researching Assistant, “Study of the variations of the sea level and its implications in the risks management, re-definition of heights and geoid determination”. Project LUZ-FONACIT No. S1-2002000563. March 2008 - March 2009.
-Technical Assistant, GPS, Leveling and Gravimetric surveyor in the establishment of geodetic control points (3D) in the headers of Nigale Bridge in Zulia State, Venezuela. March 2009.
- GPS/leveling planner, GPS surveyor and office job (GPS processing), in the project: “Gravimetric and satellite measurements around Maracaibo Lake to study the variations of the geoid in the area. Campaign 2008”. Project LUZ – CONDES No. CC-0437-07. August 2008 – September 2009.
- Intern in Z&P Construction Co., S.A. In charge of topographic measurements to control the heights in mechanical pieces of ships, and the construction of buildings; determination of control points to study the soil in risk areas; conventional bathymetric measurements for the study of the conditions of the seafloor as a legal requirement of the company to the environmental department. September 2008 – November 2008.
-GPS planner and surveyor, and office job in the computation of the establishment of geodetic control points to support topographic measurements in operating units of the Bolivarian National Guard of Venezuela, near the Colombian border. August 2007 – November 2007.
- GPS processing: GNSS, Trimble Total Control, Trimble Geomatics Office, and online services.
- Remote sensing, Photogrammetry and Cartographic tools: GMT, Global Mapper, ENVI 4.3, MapInfo, SPRING (free software), AutoCAD 2003-2008, ERDAS Imagine, ArcGIS 9.3, Adobe Illustrator, Photo Modeler.
- Instruments: GPS/GNSS equipment (1 or 2 frequencies), analogue or digital theodolites and/or levels, L&R 401-405 gravimeters.
- Altimetric/gravimetric/topographic computations
- Programming Languages: Python, Java.
- Mathematic Tools: Maple
- Responsible, easy to work in groups, no problem to work under stress, facility to write reports, make graphics and analysis, experience in outdoor jobs, and difficult conditions (weather, security, etc.), always looking forward to learn new techniques and develop the present knowledge.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register
link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €400 (approx £350 or US$550 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and CV database access for one year at less than €250 per month!
1 month - Discovery
3 months - Bronze
6 months - Silver
12 months - Gold
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted in the absence of an email.