|Quick CV Search
Challenging and formative job.
Interested in aerospace research.
Interested in temporary or part-time contracts.
Willing to move and/or transfer abroad.
· PhD in Science, Technology and Measurements for Space (STMS), at the Centre of Studies and Activities for Space CISAS - "G.Colombo" research department of the University of Padova, Italy, 2009-2011
o The title of the doctoral thesis is " Measurement techniques for assessing and reducing the risk posed by Micrometeoroid and Orbital Debris to Space vehicles".
Main research areas:
§ Risk assessment methodology, impacts phenomenology and design methods.
§ Experimental methods (i.e. acceleration techniques and diagnostic instrumentation).
§ Engineering models (i.e. measurements of the effects of the M/OD and derivation of damage equations).
Supervisor: Prof. Alessandro Francesconi
o Other research areas:
§ Visiting researcher at Cranfield University (UK), June – September 2011
- Development of a single stage light gas gun.
Supervisor: Prof. Rade Vignjevic
§ ESA (European Space Agency) BEXUS Programme, December 2009 – May 2011
- SCRAT (Spherical Compact Rechargable Air Thruster) Experiment
Development of the structural and pneumatic subsystem for a low-thrust cold gas actuator.
Supervisor: Mr. Olle Persson, Swedish Space Corporation project manager, ESRANGE Space Center
o Conferences and courses attended
- 20th ESA Symposium on European Rocket&Balloon Programmes (05/2011)
- ARA 2010 (09/2010)
- 11th Hypervelocity Impact Symposium 2010 (04/2010)
- 5th European Conference on Space Debris (04/2009)
- Space Debris: Threat to orbiting S/C and mitigation concepts (05/2010)
- Image analysis for HVI (11/2010)
- Multifunctional Composites (03/2010)
- III National School INFN (04/2009)
o Seminars presented
- The SCRAT Experiment (Cranfield University, UK, 06/2011)
- Space Debris: An Increasing Risk (Cranfield University, UK, 07/2011)
- BARILARO L., A. FRANCESCONI, PH.D, M. FARAUD, C. GIACOMUZZO, PH.D. AND R. DESTEFANIS (2010). IMPACT DAMAGE AND BALLISTIC LIMIT EQUATIONS FOR FLEXIBLE MULTILAYER METEOROID AND DEBRIS PROTECTION SHIELDS.
[ARA2010 Best Student Paper Award] - ARA 2010 Congress. Thun (Switzerland), 12-17 September, 2010
- A. FRANCESCONI, PH.D, C. GIACOMUZZO, PH.D, BARILARO L., E. SEGATO, PHD (2010). NUMBER, SIZE AND SPEED DISTRIBUTION OF PARTICLES EJECTED FROM SPACECRAFT SURFACES DURING HYPERVELOCITY IMPACT.
ARA 2010 Congress. Thun (Switzerland), 12-17 September, 2010
- A. FRANCESCONI, C. GIACOMUZZO, BARILARO L. (2010). A method to assess the average properties of spacecraft ejecta from hypervelocity impact.
11th Hypervelocity Impact Symposium. Freiburg (Germany), 5-11 April, 2010
- ALESSANDRO FRANCESCONI, CINZIA GIACOMUZZO, DANIELE PAVARIN, LEONARDO BARILARO, FRANCESCO ANGRILLI (2009). Characterization of ejecta from hypervelocity impacts on spacecraft external surfaces.
XX AIDAA Congress. Milano, June 29 - July 3, 2009
· MSc. in Aerospace Engineering: University of Padua, Italy, April 2008, GPA 96/110
“Design of a non pyrotechnic actuated valve for a hybrid rocket”
(in co-operation with CISAS and SELEX Galileo)
Supervisor: Prof. Daniele Pavarin
- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS LABORATORY
o Final report on “Structural optimization of an optical bench as a support for two telescopes” (with Ansys software)
- THERMAL CONTROL OF SPACE VEHICLES
o Final report on “Thermal control of a satellite”
|1 month - Discovery||400 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1050 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1800 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||2950 euros||convert|