• Terma BV- European Space Agency
At the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management, Power and Energy Conversion division, Electrical Power Management (TEC-EPM) my main duties are:
▪ Support several projects of Science, Earth observation, and Telecommunications satellites for the Power Control and Distribution Units (PCDU) of Electrical Power Subsystems and for the Power Processing Units (PPU) of Electrical Propulsion Subsystems including Requirements Specification, Design Reviews, failure investigations and non-conformances, Qualification and Assembly, Integration and Test (AIT).
▪ System and electrical engineer support to several satellite subsystems (Solar Array, Battery, Electrical Power Subsystems, Satellite Management Unit, Remote Terminal Unit, Payload Management Unit, Electrical Propulsion, Thermal subsystem, payloads, instruments) including design definition, design justification, design review, power sources sizing, verification control, system tests and integration in the launcher.
▪ EMC related analysis, test procedures and reports review.
▪ Power systems support in feasibility studies through the Concurrent Design Facility (CDF).
▪ R&D in activities related to Space Power Systems and Electrical Propulsion Systems.
January 2011 – now
• MATIS BENELUX: Consultant Engineer
1. Consultancy and technical support in EADS ASTRIUM CRISA ( February 2009 - April 2010)
Development of DC/DC converters: Electrical design and simulations of power stage, control stage and protections. Stability analysis, worst case analysis (WCA), part stress analysis (PSA), failure mode effect and criticality analysis (FMECA), power budget.
2. Consultancy and technical support in THALES ALENIA SPACE ETCA (July 2008 - February 2009)
Research in the Sequential Switching Shunt regulator (S3R): analysis of the functionality of the regulator in terms of driver design and control, for Solar Arrays with different peak current and parasitic capacitance, and load modulation (TDMA). Studies of the impact in efficiency and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
• EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY: Young Graduate Trainee – Power Conditioning Engineer.
One year training ship at the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management, Power and Energy Conversion division, Electrical Power Condition section (TEC-EPC). Main duties were R&D and hand’s on activities for DC/DC converters, PCDU and Space Power Systems.
June 2007 – June 2008
• DELTA UTEC - EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY: YES2 project – Power and System Engineer.
Power budget, inventory support and logistics, research, designing and checking electronic applications and components.
September 2006 – March 2007
• PUBLIC POWER CORPORATION OF GREECE: Electrical Engineer Trainee.
Providing technical support and measuring the ground of the Power Transformers at the High Voltages Networks.
June 2000 – September 2000
June 2005 University of Patras, School of Engineering, Patras, Greece
Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering (5 years of studies, equal to a Master’s degree)
Thesis in Electric Power Systems
Title: Design of 400Watt DC/DC Converter in order to supply Electrical Vehicle
• Design and simulation of a Flyback Converter using a new technique with low power losses and high power factor.
• Prototype development for laboratory purposes.
Related Academic Courses
• Power Electronics, Power Electronics Devices and Industrial Applications, Electric Motor Drive Systems.
• High Voltages, High Voltages Equipment-Insulations, Tests and Measurements of High Voltages, Protections from Hypertensions and Lighting Rods.
• Renewable Energy Sources, Physics of Photovoltaic Cells, New Technologies of Solar Cells.
• Electrical Installations, Electrical Economy, Protection of Electric Power Systems, Control and Stability of Electric Power Systems.
▪ Good communication skills acquired through the Concurrent Design Facility (CDF).
▪ Working experience in multicultural environments.
▪ Teamwork spirit and ability to work alone.
▪ Responsibility and accountability.
Organisational / managerial skills
▪ Technical project management of Power Control and Distribution Units (PCDU) and Power Processing Units (PPU).
▪ Technical project management of R&D activities internal to ESA related to Telecommunication domain (ARTES), or to product development (TRP, GSTP).
▪ Member of the TEC-EPM team within ESA for conferences and workshops preparation.
Computer and Technical Skills
Cadence Orcad - PSpice A/D and Advanced Analysis
Spectrum Software – Micro-cap
Mentor Graphics – Veribest
Experienced on hand’s on job from previous jobs and laboratories that attended during studies
Co-author of several technical notes internal to ESA
▪ Design and Installations of LED lighting systems (2010)
▪ Installations of power systems with solar arrays for houses, autonomous and on-grid connected (2010)
▪ Protection from Lighting Rods for a 65m2 house (2005)
▪ Power Supply Design workshop (2014)
▪ EEE component workshop (2012)
▪ Battery Technology for Space Applications (2011)
▪ Reliable Electrical Engineering (2011)
▪ Spacecraft Systems Engineering (2007)
Greek (Native Language)
References on request