To perform Research and Development in Power Electronics for Space applications.
• Terma BV- European Space Agency: Power Conditioning Engineer
Project support and R&D in the Electrical Power Management section of the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management, Power and Energy Conversion division (TEC-EPM).
January 2011 – now
• Freelancer Electrical Engineer
Installations of power systems with solar arrays for houses, autonomous and on-grid connected. Installations of LED lighting systems, design of LED drivers and control systems with micro controllers.
June 2010 – December 2010
• MATIS BENELUX: Consultant Engineer
1. Consultancy and technical support in EADS ASTRIUM CRISA
Development of DC/DC converters: Design and simulations of power stage, control stage and protections. Stability analysis, worst case analysis (WCA), part stress analysis, FMECA, power budget.
February 2009 – April 2010
2. Consultancy and technical support in THALES ALENIA SPACE ETCA
Research in the S3R topology: in depth analysis of the functionality of the regulator, in terms of driver design and control, for Solar Arrays with different characteristics, and load modulation. Studies of the impact in efficiency and electromagnetic interference.
July 2008 – February 2009
• EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY: Young Graduate Trainee – Power Conditioning Engineer.
Directorate of Technical and Quality Management, Power and Energy Conversion division.
R&D in Power Converters, Analogue Electronics, Control theory, Designing Drivers, Space Power Systems and Conditioning Units, Project and Roadmaps planning on Power Electronics, development of ECSS on Power Systems.
June 2007 – June 2008
• DELTA UTEC - EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY: YES2 project – Power and System Engineer.
Power budget, inventory support and logistics, research, designing and checking electronic
applications and components.
September 2006 – March 2007
• PUBLIC POWER CORPORATION OF GREECE: Electrical Engineer Trainee.
Providing technical support and measuring the ground of the Power
Transformers at the High Voltages Networks.
June 2000 – September 2000
June 2005 University of Patras, School of Engineering, Patras, Greece
Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering
(5 years of studies, equal to a Master’s degree)
Thesis in Electric Power Systems
Title: Design of 2kW DC/DC Converter in order to supply Electrical Vehicle
1. Designed the Flyback Converter using a new technique with low power losses and high power factor.
2. Simulated the design in Orcad’s Pspice.
3. Constructed the Switch Mode Power Supply for laboratory purposes.
Related Academic Courses
1. Power Electronics I and II, Power Electronics Devices and Industrial Applications, Electric Motor Drive Systems.
2. High Voltages, High Voltages Equipment-Insulations, Tests and Measurements of High Voltages, Protections from Hypertensions and Lighting Rods.
3. Renewable Energy Sources, Physics of Photovoltaic Cells, New Technologies of Solar Cells.
4. Electrical Installations, Electrical Economy, Protection of Electric Power Systems, Control and Stability of Electric Power Systems.
Computer and Technical Skills
Cadence Orcad - PSpice A/D and Advanced Analysis
Spectrum Software – Micro-cap
Mentor Graphics – Veribest
Experienced on hand’s on job from previous jobs and laboratories that attended during studies
Projects and Additional Training
Protection from Lighting Rods for a 65m2 house
Installation of Solar Arrays for a 65m2 house
Spacecraft Systems Engineering
Organisational and Social skills
Teamwork spirit and ability to work alone
Responsibility and accountability
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Greek (Native Language)