|Quick Job Search
SCISYS Deutschland GmbH provides professional engineering and consultancy services supporting space programmes and missions. We have a strong presence at ESOC and EUMETSAT, as well as serving all ESA sites, ESO, Columbus Control Centre, the German Galileo Control Centre and spacecraft primes. Our team is composed of university graduates and experienced professionals, comprising some of the most knowledgeable, dedicated and talented engineers across Europe. Our services cover the whole life cycle of space programmes from early concepts to operations.
Our Space Division provides a dynamic, supportive and friendly atmosphere in which you are encouraged to lead with initiative. We support new ideas from our colleagues and are focused on innovation. Moreover, we actively manage your professional development, training and career progression.
We are looking to recruit a Software Engineer (C++) for Interplanetary Missions (f/m) for our Darmstadt office in Germany. This is an ideal opportunity for a recent university graduate or junior professional with a year or two of experience and who wants to work in the space industry.
We will integrate you into our Darmstadt team and invest in your development as a software engineer. This position is therefore ideal for a person who has a passion for working in the space industry. Your motivation, enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity are consequently equally important to us as your hard technical skills.
The successful candidate will support the mission control software systems for Rosetta, Mars Express and Venus Express. This means the candidate will play a key role in the team for Rosetta's comet rendez-vous in 2014.
Please note that VCS AG, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of SCISYS plc, recently changed its named to SCISYS Deutschland GmbH.
The tasks of the position include:
- Design, development, testing, installation, support and maintenance of ground data and control software for space missions.
- Customer support and interaction with the operators of operational satellites. In the first instance this will focus on ESOC but may expand to our other clients throughout Europe.
- Contribute to a fresh technical know-how and discussion of the latest software engineering trends and developments.
- Participate in our internal research & development activities for Ground Data Systems.
For the position in our Darmstadt team we seek the following essential items:
- A university degree or equivalent qualification in computer science, software engineering, science, engineering or a relevant discipline involving programming and computing
- Knowledge and experience of C++ programming gained on UNIX/LINUX
- Knowledge and experience of object orientated design methods
- Knowledge and experience of UNIX/LINUX
- Knowledge of a shell scripting language
- Knowledge of Networking
- Good spoken and written English
- Passion for the space industry
- Proven ability to learn quickly and solve problems independently
- Effective communicator
The following would be an asset:
- Knowledge of SCOS-2000 or other ESOC ground segment software system
- Knowledge of another programming language
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of a modern scripting language
- Knowledge of UML, XML or Tcl/Tk
- Must be an EU national or possess a valid German Work & Residence Permit
- Occasional provision of on-call support during critical satellite mission phases, e.g. a satellite launch
- Start date is as soon as possible
To guarantee that your application is processed, please apply via our website:
Please click here and open our
Online Application Form