U.S. Permanent Resident (green card holder) - Citizen of Italy
Design Methods for Aerospace/Space Systems, Modeling and Simulation Approaches, Structural Analysis, Vibrations, Dynamics, Orbital Mechanics, Regression and Multidisciplinary Optimization Techniques, Probabilistic and Statistical Methods.
Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering (08/2008)
M.Sc. in Aerospace Engineering (12/2004)
Georgia Institute of Technology, Guggenheim School of Aerospace Engineering, Atlanta,
Dissertation: Bayesian Networks for Uncertainty Estimation in the Response of Dynamic Structures
M.Sc. (Laurea V.O.) in Aerospace Engineering (02/2004)
Politecnico di Milano, Department of Aerospace Engineering, Milan, Italy
M.Sc. in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (01/2001)
University of Virginia, Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering,
Thesis: Multi-body Modeling System for Wheeled Robotic Devices
Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
Post-doctoral Fellow 09/2008 – present
Graduate Research Assistant 01/2001 – 08/2008
- Perform research in the area of next-generation air traffic management. Specifically, the focus is on a safety-based assessment of new concepts of operations and vehicles being envisioned, where the risk of accidents under various air traffic scenarios is investigated using agent-based simulation and stochastic analysis.
- Consulting Project (September/October 2010): analysis of an electromagnetic propulsion system prototype.
- Assist supervisor in the management of the graduate assistants’ research tasks and in the lecturing duties for undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Conducted doctoral research in the fields of structural analysis and statistics.
Developed a statistics-based approach for the identification and quantification of experiment/model-induced uncertainties in support of current stress-analysis and estimation techniques for turbine-engine bladed disks for improved prediction of structural performance.
- Member of several team projects conducted in various engineering areas: aircraft conceptual design; agent-based modeling and simulation; structural design/verification of the Peacekeeper ICBM; preliminary safety assessment and certification for the Gulfstream’s supersonic business jet program; advanced parametric system design and optimization; Integrated Product and Process Development (IPPD) techniques; system engineering methods.
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Graduate Research and Teaching Assistant 08/1998 – 12/2000
- Developed an analytical framework to describe the dynamics of wheeled multi-body systems, resulting in a prototype computer tool. Numerical robustness of the program tested via the simulation of the motion of a pole-climbing robotic device.
- Responsible for holding office hours to assist students, grading of homework and lecturing for a senior-level class in automatic linear control.
Société Européenne des Satellites ASTRA S.A., Betzdorf, Luxembourg
Satellite Engineer Trainee 01/2004 – 05/2004
- Developed and implemented new algorithms for the computation of collision avoidance maneuvers to be executed for the recovery of a satellite, under co-location constraints, in the event of an anomaly altering its orbit.
2 articles in the Journal of Sound and Vibration, 1 article in the AIAA Journal of Aircraft; 5 conference papers
Graduate Student Senate (2007-2008), Student Honor Committee (2007), Italian-American Student Association President (2005-2006), ΓBΦ Recording Secretary (2005-2006), Option
Classes Program Italian Teacher (2005-2008)
English (fluent), Italian (fluent), French (intermediate)
Awards and Recognitions
The ΓBΦ Honor Society (2005)
The ΤBP Engineering Honor Society (2005)
U.S.A.-E.U. Innovative Multi-Cultural Curricula (IMCC) Project, Politecnico di Milano
Istituto per il diritto allo studio universitario, ISU Scholarship (1995, 1996)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.