Twenty years experience in; technical equipment support, process improvement, implementation of quality systems, process measurement and validation, technical writing and negotiations. Detail oriented with strong abilities for problem solving.
• Supported technical activities for multimillion dollar aerospace, space hardware , high-reliability transportation and communication, parts procurement contract
• Developed vendor performance metrics
• Assessed warranty costs and attained reduction of repair expenditures
• Experienced with quality systems compliant to ISO 9001:2000, ISO 17025, ATA100 and cGMP standards
• Workmanship standards NASA –STD-8739 (1, 2, 3, 4), IPC 6000 series, IPC-600, IPC-610, and J-STD-001
• Investigated failures and analysed root cause of non-conformance, implemented corrective action
• Tracked and responded to customer complaints
• Performed process audits and identified improvement opportunities
• Tested and calibrated pressure gauges and various equipment for use on Airbus ground support equipment
Supplier Quality Engineer 2009 TO PRESENT
Satellite Switch, Multiplexer and Space Electronics Manufacturer
• Monitored the quality performance of EEE parts and PCB (printed wiring boards) suppliers. Managed the process of approving new suppliers. Supported new technology introductions and NPI. Reported on first pass yields, initiated corrective actions with vendors not meeting established performance standards
• Resolved vendor related issues of non-conformance identified by incoming inspectors. Chaired or participated in MRBs.
• Updated quality system documents including, procedures, work instructions, forms, and process flow charts.
Quality Engineer, POSITRON TECHNOLOGIES - TRITON 2005 TO 2009 Contract Manufacturing Service Provider
• Managed the process of controlling non-conforming material, interfaced with suppliers in failure analysis investigations, performed audits of supplier’s processes and quality assurance systems.
• Wrote and updated quality system documents including, procedures, work instructions, forms, and process flow charts.
• Performed production process audits, identified improvement opportunities, and implemented process enhancements.
• Tracked customer initiated corrective action requests, conducted root cause analysis, and wrote reports in response to customer complaints.
• Performed non-destructive testing, material analysis and coating thickness measurements using X-ray fluorescence spectrometer. Trained QC inspectors on XRF operation and use.
• Prepared customer specific PPAP submissions, gage R&R, FMEA analysis.
• Prepared monthly quality metrics for internal use, communicated quality metrics to suppliers and customers
• Facilitated continuous improvement programs, including Kaizen blitz, prepared and organized training sessions for assemblers.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining proper handling systems for moisture sensitive components, including integrated circuits, SMT LEDs, and stacked ceramic capacitors, in stockroom and during production.
Quality Control Supervisor, MONTEBELLO PACKAGING 2001 TO 2005 Manufacturer of pharmaceutical packaging
• Trained production personnel in continuous improvement and supervised activities of the quality team consisting of four QC inspectors.
• Conducted internal audits in accordance with FDA’s cGMP requirements. Issued, tracked and resolved internal and external CARs (corrective action requests) and NCRs (non-conformance reports). Conducted audits and surveys of suppliers.
• Analysed production yield data, scrap rates, scrutinised process performance, identified potential improvements.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, SR TELECOM INC. 1997 to 2001 Manufacturer of wireless digital telephony equipment
• Assessed vendor capabilities, including compliance with industry manufacturing standards.
• Organised a system of standardised metrics for objective evaluation of vendor quality performance.
• Co-ordinated a documented process for periodic inspection of all externally supplied painted products, including periodic durability testing.
• Established a standardised repair reporting system for tracking warranty expenditures.
Technical Writer, CAE Aviation LTD 1996 to 1997 Provider of military and commercial aircraft maintenance and documentation services
• Wrote the electrical systems maintenance, overhaul and illustrated parts list chapter for a newly developed commercial helicopter. Formatted schematics, component placement and assembly/disassembly diagrams.
• Ensured adherence to established norms, company policies, customer requirements, ISO and ATA100 standards.
Quality Specialist, CAE ELECTRONICS LTD 1989 to 1996 Manufacturer of aircraft simulators, aerospace and military hardware
• Interfaced with suppliers, users and customer, chaired material review board (MRB) meetings. Conducted supplier surveys, source and pre-cap inspections.
• Administered a detailed quality assurance plan applicable to centralised purchasing, inspection and usage of electrical and electromechanical parts worth in excess of $40,000,000.
• Wrote specifications for various electronic and electromechanical components.
Electronic Technologist, SPECTRODYNE SYSTEMS LTD 1985 to 1989 Manufacturer of high power DC-DC converters, power supplies. Also involved in technical publications.
• Performed system integration tests, investigated field failures, for various electronic and electromechanical equipment.
• Selected components for build to print switching power supplies and DC-to-DC converters, tested prototype transformers, designed printed circuit board layouts.
• D.E.C., Electronic Engineering Technology Dawson College, Montreal – 1982 - 1985
• DPA Analysis 1992 QRL • QES (Quality Education System) 1997 SR Telecom • ISO 9000 series auditor courses 1998 Sysprime • Oxy-acetylene cutting and welding 1998 St. Lawrence College • Orientation to ISO 9001:2000 2001 KPMG • Pressure Gauge Calibration and Repair 2004 Sysprime • IPC-600 Training and Certification 2006 Black Fox Institute • CMDR & ISO 13485:2003 2006 Accademia Qualitas
Computer Skills Other Information Microsoft Office, Windows, Visio, MiniTab and other software
Languages: English, French, Polish
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.