I am a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with an in-depth knowledge of international legislative procedures. In 2008 I became a member of the Cyprus Bar Association and I am now a Qualified European Lawyer. I am energetic, ambitious and eager to take on responsibility at an early stage. I am fluent in both English and Greek.
PAID WORK EXPERIENCE
Aug 2010 – Feb 2011 (six month fixed contract) – Legal Advisor, European Space Agency (ESA), Noordwijk, Netherlands
I am currently a Legal Advisor within ESA’s Contractual Rules and Procurement Department. My responsibilities include:
· General compliance work, conducting extensive legal research, writing opinions and assisting with the revision of the Intellectual Property Regulations, General Clauses and Conditions and other internal regulations which apply to industrial contracts.
· Creating and publishing guidelines on how to work within the recently established regulatory framework and corporate policy at ESA.
· Examining and comparing national legislation of Member States and the procedure undertaken by relevant international organisations and industries in order to ascertain whether said regulatory framework is being adhered to.
Feb 2010 – Jun 2010, Paralegal, Patrick Selley, (Solicitor at Keystone Law), Exeter
My responsibilities included liaising with clients and associates, drafting legal letters and initial opinions, and preparing court forms. I also undertook extensive legal research in the areas of Commercial Law and Intellectual Property. This position gave me the opportunity to gain hands-on experience with complex contracts, and to develop my negotiation skills.
Jun 2008 – Jun 2009,Junior Corporate Lawyer, Ergoserve Consulting Ltd., Limassol, Cyprus
Ergoserve is an executive corporate/fiduciary services provider. My key responsibilities included:
· Managing my own portfolio of Investment Funds (consisting of 180 companies) and maintaining their Company Secretary files.
· Liaising extensively with clients, both verbally and in writing.
· Providing legal advice and opinions on corporate and taxation matters to clients.
· Drafting and reviewing a wide range of company documents, negotiating contract terms and setting upCyprus and BVI companies
· Assisting with the firm’s employment contracts and disputes.
Jun 2007 – Jun 2008, Trainee Lawyer: Markides & Co., Nicosia, Cyprus
Markides & Co. deals exclusively with Intellectual Property. My responsibilities as a Trainee Lawyer included:
· Conducting extensive legal research and drafting affidavits in support of trade mark conflicts and oppositions.
· Advocacy – I achieved a 100% success rate when representing cases before the Registrar of Companies for Trade Mark registration conflicts.
· Conducting trade mark searches for clients using Worldwide Academy Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), OAMI and the national database.
· I managed the Public Relations and Marketing Department at Markides & Co.
MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· 2010 – Elected Postgraduate representative for 2010 - duties included attending monthly meetings to negotiate postgraduates’ requests and address their complaints. I managed to secure funding for CV-building workshops and lectures.
· 2010 –Exeter Leadership Award - in recognition of my leadership and management skills
· 2010 - Support Worker, Disability Centre, University of Exeter- involved typing notes for disabled students during lectures and exams.
· 2009 – Exeter Award - in recognition of my wide extra-curricular activities and personal development.
· 2008 - Achieved the highest grade in the Cyprus Bar Association Criminal Law Examination of 87%.
· 2008- Achieved a grade A+ for the Certificate of Advanced Electronic Commerce and Intellectual Property of the WIPO. I was one of eight students out of 2000 to be granted full scholarship for the course.
· 2008- Author for IAM Magazine Online, first article was entitled ‘Registering marks in Cyprus: a guide for foreign rights holders’ (http://www.iam-magazine.com/reports/Detail.aspx?g=1ba53611-5d0d-4e87-8c4c-652f74be0663)
· 2007- Youngest person in the history of Markides & Co. (established in 1933) to be solely entrusted with the promotion of the firm in a foreign market, namely Beijing, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur. I successfully established new business relations with Adobe, Hewlett Packard and Lenovo who requested our services on my return.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Oct 2009 – Oct 2010, LL.M in International Business Law, University of Exeter, Exeter (confident of achieving a Distinction) – I decided to undertake this course because I am very passionate about business law and I was eager to learn about the mechanisms which are in place to regulate international commercial transactions.
Jun 2008, Member of the Cyprus Bar Association, Nicosia, Cyprus, Grade: Distinction - Successfully passed all 10 Bar examinations at first attempt (first time pass rate for 2008 was 9 people out of 110).
Oct 2004 – Jun 2007, LL.B (with Honours), University of Derby, Derby, Grade 2.1 - Due to the university’s close collaboration with the Derby Law Centre I was able to develop my practical skills very early in my career. I also gained a thorough experience of negotiating, interviewing clients, mooting and conducting legal research.
Sep 2003 – Jun 2004, Diploma in Law, Intercollege, Nicosia, Cyprus, Grade 2.1 - One year intensive introduction course in Law.
Sep 2000 – Jun 2003, Apolytirion, Lanition Lyceum B’, Limassol, Cyprus, Grade 17.5 from scale of 20 - equivalent to three A levels at Grade A, or 360 UCAS points.
· Nov 2009 – present, Refugee Support Group Devon, Exeter: Providinggeneral support and legal advice to refugees and asylum seekers on procedure, regulations and obligations.
· Jan 2010, Mini-pupillage, Pump Court Tax Chambers, London: conducting extensive legal research, shadowing barristers in court, providing an opinion on a taxation matter.
· Jun 2009, Mini–pupillage, 6 King’s Bench Walk, London: shadowing barristers and pupils in Magistrate’s Court, Crown Court and the Old Bailey.
· Jan 2007 – Jun 2007, Derby Law Centre, Derby: providinglegal advice in matters such as immigration and refugee law, European law and Employment law.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.