Senior communications systems engineering professional; varied experience in large companies as well as startups, ranging from system level design, analysis and testing to technical leadership and management roles working with a multi-disciplinary team; contributed to wireless standards development (IEEE 802.16, ETSI); experienced in running own small company and writing winning proposals for Government grants/contracts.
Objective: senior management, program management or technical leadership position in the space or telecommunications industry.
6/2007 – now XXXX
Director, Satellite and Launch Services Programs, reporting to the President of Global Operations;
· Responsible for managing the $1 billion, multi- satellite development program, which YYY (France) is developing under a contract awarded by XXXX to YYY;
· Also responsible for managing the ZZZ launch program for launching the first satellites over the course of launches from Baikonur;
· Duties include technical and program management, for on- schedule delivery of a very complex satellite constellation supporting the next generation of services, including voice and data, under challenging time and budget constraints, and respecting US ITAR and export control regulations and NSA security regulations.
This highly visible role involved the building, staffing and direction of a multi-site program office with senior (including director level) residents in various locations in Europe, resolution of technical and contractual interface issues between YYY and ZZZ, ie between the satellite development teams and the launcher and dispenser development teams, as well as coordination with US based engineering and operations staff to meet the critical goals established by the CEO of the company for getting the second generation of XXXX into operational service . The first launch has already been very successful, with all satellites performing as predicted.
9/2005- 6/ 2007 XXXX
Manager, Systems Analysis
· Defined next generation Satellite system, including high data rate communications capability based on variants of WCDMA, WiMAX, CDMA2000
2/2002 – 9/2005 Pseudonoise Communications,
President and CTO
· Established a small company developing satellite and wireless modem technology for military and commercial applications, and providing consulting services in satellite communications, wireless LAN design and communication systems analysis;
· Won and completed an SBIR (Small Business Innovations Research) contract from the Air Force for satcom modem definition, involving developing Matlab and Simulink models and then (in Phase II) a DSP based implementation for a high data rate satellite communications modem based on WCDMA technology.
Also taught UC Berkeley Extension course on Digital Signal Processing (practical applications)
6/2000 – 1/2002 Kromos Communications Inc., Los Altos, CA
VP Technology (started as Director)
· Built, led and set the technical direction for a start-up team of 6-8 mathematicians, engineers and consultants developing novel, proprietary signal processing algorithms for various applications including:
a) communications in broadband Internet applications using wired, optical and wireless media,
b) image compression technology,
c) efficient linear power amplifiers for wireless applications;
· Obtained senior management approval for and drove the development of technology for interference reduction between wireless LANs using IEEE 802.11b and Bluetooth personal area networking devices;
· Developed a product plan suitable for licensing the interference reduction technology, starting with algorithms, followed by a low speed demo using standard DSP boards, and then a full-rate prototype using FPGAs.
4/1999 –6/2000 Self-employed
· Consultant to broadband wireless Internet start-up companies helping define architecture of fixed and mobile wireless; IEEE 802.16 and 802.11 wireless products using CDMA, OFDM and single carrier techniques, and various medium access layer protocols, quality of service for various types of data applications (voice, video, file transfer, interactive);
· Developed business plans for Bluetooth based wireless products;
5/1994 –4/1999 XXXX
Manager, System Integration and Test
· One of the initial group of 7 technologists who developed from scratch this satellite CDMA based mobile communications company, working on a range of issues from mobile satellite spectrum allocations with the FCC and ITU, out-of-band emissions standards at ETSI, interference and capacity analyses, system specifications, development of network resource allocation algorithms, enhancements to basic system, next generation satellite communication systems;
· Interfaced with a large group of development partners (leading telecom companies) to understand requirements, allocate them among system segments and verfiy that performance was being met as the system evolved;
· Built and managed a world-wide team of 30 engineers to create system level test plans and procedures for meeting network performance requirements (including call processing, capacity verification, provisioning, billing), contractual obligations and readiness for system deployment;
· Taught day-long satellite communications course to professional engineers.
Helping as needed with customer projects involving RAID arrays of disks, TCP/IP network analysis, traffic models for IP data.
12/1986 –5/1994 Space Systems Loral Palo Alto, CA
· Link budgets, coordination with radio astronomy and Iridium;
· In-orbit test plan definition and implementation for Japanese satellite (Superbird);
· Analysis of 8-PSK and 16-QAM demodulator using a 2- state servo;
· Definition of on-board processing satellite requirements.
5/1981 –12/1986 Ford Aerospace
· Analysis for NASA TDMA 200 Mbps modem in proposal phase; supporting modem development and analysis;
· Spread spectrum network control techniques, IR&D projects;
· Communications subsystems engineer on INSAT-1B, responsible for subsystem development, integration and test, customer interface, mission support, in-orbit testing.
7/1980 –5/1981 Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Member of Technical Staff
· Communications system research for transmitting encoded and compressed imagery; digital processing of synthetic aperture radar imagery.
Adviser: Prof. John R. Pierce, Thesis on Effects of Speckle on Image Quality in Coherent Imaging Systems
1976 Indian Institute of Technology,
(GPA 9.95/10.0, highest in the institute)
8 issued patents in the area of communications, interference reduction, satellite and wireless technologies
5 patents pending in similar areas
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.