Global Operations Executive
Increases market competitiveness. • Improves operational efficiency. • Reduces overhead.
Innovative Operations Executive with more than 10 years of experience developing and executing business-critical strategy for global and domestic operations, introducing novel concepts organization-wide, and motivating staff to achieve high level of performance and accountability. Continually drives innovation by implementing new processes that outperform competitors and secure new business throughout North America, South America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. Draws on experience living and working abroad to relate to and build partnerships with government and private industry clients in any nation.
Program Management • Business Development • Risk Mitigation • Cost Containment
Strategy Development • Operational Efficiency • Program Implementation • Client Relations
SES World Skies (formerly SES New Skies),Various Global Locations 2000-Present
Information Assurance Manager, McLean, Va., and Washington, D.C. 2007-Present
Cost Containment • Risk Mitigation • Strategy Development • Program Management
Hand-selected to usher company into highest level of compliance with government information assurance standards that focused on threat prediction, intrusion identification and discovery, analysis, remediation, and risk management. Fostered secure, stable, reliable, and adaptable environment with flexibility to support business objectives and security of 44 satellites.
· Created new role from scratch, devising strategies for enhancing efforts to standardize processes for all areas of business, whether they served private industry or government.
· Protected revenue and contributed to $5.5 million growth in annual revenue from government contracts with implementation of information assurance program.
· Persuaded board to invest $750,000 for improvements to teleports that were crucial for company to increase competitiveness and win new government contracts.
· Achieved 100% contract success rate by contributing to 70 multimillion-dollar project bids that resulted in 70 contract awards.
· Improved turnaround rate by implementing new metrics that linked budget requests into lineups.
· Increased efficiency of registration program and implemented new process for satellite antenna registration that saved time for employees and ensured greater reliability for customers.
· Implemented critical geo-location system used for interference mitigation as turnkey solution for parent company, essentially eliminating cases of hijacked data.
· Established goals for business areas within each of 6 subsidiary companies and collaborated with engineers, sales, facilities management, and program managers to execute strategies.
· Planned risk mitigation strategies to handle such issues as blocked transmission and service interruption.
· Developed relationships with foreign entities and encouraged them to implement similar operational standards to create universal satellite operations.
Satellite Communications Specialist, Senior & Lead Controller, Mount Airy, Md. 2006-2007
Process Improvement • Operational Efficiency • Staff Development • Client Relations
Promoted to support satellite access for SES Americom and SES New Skies fleets, proactively monitoring space segment utilization, carrier specifications, and interference. Used remote analyzer network to assess, interpret, troubleshoot, and restore space segment services to ensure customers had constant connection.
· Slashed costs dramatically by upgrading domestic support center to support global functions and merging American and European centers.
· Earned recognition from CEO for developing and executing successful risk mitigation plan to address the threat of a rogue spacecraft blocking transmissions onto a satellite used by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for critical weather data.
· Orchestrated transition of three satellite payload operations centers/call centers into one global operations center.
· Mastered nuances of various customers’ expectations and guided staff to manage their accounts appropriately; quickly resolved any escalated issues and addressed delicate matters.
· Seamlessly merged and configured operations, transitioned support center to single set of methods and processes, and trained and mentored American staff to accommodate New Skies fleet.
Lead Spacecraft Payload Operations Controller, The Hague, Netherlands 2000-2006
Project Management • Client Relations • Training • Performance Analysis
Managed critical transporter audit program for entire fleet of spacecraft, directing team tasked with analysis and monitoring of satellite systems. Led operations team in controlling access and use of fleet.
· Entrusted with controlling access for occasional-use bookings and coordinating broadcasts for media industry.
· Played key role in introducing internet access to developing, third-world countries, working with companies in African and Middle Eastern nations to ensure continuous satellite access, training local technicians, and helping growing organizations to thrive with web activities.
DRS Technical Solutions,Sterling, Va. 2006
Manager, Special Projects, Integration and Operations Logistics
Strategy Development • Process Improvements • Operational Efficiency • Logistics
Devised and recommended strategies to improve operations center and train staff to perform at highly efficient, productive level. Assisted in logistics planning.
U.S. Air Force, Space Command,Colorado Springs, Co. 1987-2000
Spacecraft Operations, Defense Support Program (DSP)
Staff Management • Decision Making • Process Execution
Supervised team of 15 in spacecraft command and control center with remote access, performing spacecraft “state-of-health” checks, maneuvers, and special operations. Oversaw execution of escalation procedures in times of emergency or spacecraft anomalies, and reacted to early missile warning detection.
Education and Credentials
M.B.A., Global Business Management, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Az. 2010
B.S., Business Management, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Az. 2008
A.A.S., Information Technology, Western International University, Phoenix, Az. 2007
Certificate, CISSP (Certified Information Security Systems Professional), 2010
Certificate, Project Management Professional Training 2008
Certificate, iDirect Networking 2006
Certificate, Professional Global Business Communications and Effective Business Communications 2004
Certificate, Satellite Communication and Broadcasting Systems 2004
Certificate, Digital Satellite Broadcasting 2001
Certificate, Satellite Vehicle Operator 1998
Certificate, Space Systems and Dynamics 1998
Certificate, Lead Satellite Vehicle Operator 1998
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs.
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.