« Space Systems and Aeronautical Engineer »
MEDES – IMPS for CNES – CADMOS, Toulouse, France (May 2011 – Present)
“Space Experiment Manager” at CADMOS, one of the 8 ESA’s User Support and Operation
Centre for ISS (International Space Station) experiments.
· Develop physiological experiments to be performed on board the ISS
· Support the related real time space operations
· Interaction with NASA, ESA, payload developers and scientific teams for protocols approval
· Writing of documentation and certification phases for experiments
Competences: space operations, management, crew training, meetings participation
CNES – Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (French Space Agency), Toulouse, France
(November 2009 – May 2011)
“Microgravity Experiences Engineer” at CADMOS in charge of:
· Preparation of instrumentation, functional tests and troubleshooting for different experiments
· Assistance and support during simulations and operations at the ISS.
· Guided Crew Procedures implementation.
Competences: space operations, instrumentation, mechanics, programming
CNES – Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (French Space Agency), Toulouse, France (April 2009 - October 2009)
Internship as “Mission Analysis Engineer” for Stratospheric Balloons
· Study of performances for the BSO (Open Stratospheric Balloons) systems in long life mission. Provide support for solving flight physic issues and post-analysis of different campaigns.
· Evaluation and qualification of flight simulation software. The purpose is to evaluate the performance software’s by comparing the differences obtained between the simulations and measurements from a real flight.
Competences: flight physics and dynamics, thermal analysis, informatics
TAF Helicopters – Sabadell Airport, Barcelona (March 2006 - September 2006)
Internship as “Junior Maintenance Engineer”
· Preparation of maintenance planning and scheduling for the helicopters fleet.
· Helping on the update of European Security Certifications and Service Bulletins.
Competences: planning, safety, certification
ISAE – Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace, Toulouse (2007 – 2009)
· Master degree in “Aeronautical Engineering & Space Technology”
Specialization: structures, aerodynamics, thermal control, space mechanics, control systems
NEWI – North East Wales Institute, Wrexham,, United Kingdom (2006 – 2007)
· Bachelor degree in “Aeromechanical Engineering“
Specialization: thermodynamics, fatigue, materials, fluid mechanics
EPSC/UPC – Escola Politècnica Superior de Castelldefels / Universitat Politècnica de
Catalunya Barcelona (2003 – 2007)
· Bachelor degree in “Aeronautical Engineering “ and double diploma in
“Aeromechanical“ (agreement between UPC and NEWI)
Specialization: navigation, flights mechanics, avionics, communications
PROJECTS AND RELATED INFORMATION
ESA – EAC: European Astronaut Center, Cologne, Germany (September 2011 and October
· Columbus User Lever Training (European module on International Space Station)
· USOCs Operations Training (User Support and Operations Center)
Competences: spacecraft and payload operations, voice protocol, integrated ESA tools, safety
Novespace – CNES Parabolic Flight Campaign (May 2011)
· Participation as a subject and as a test engineer for the Astromote experiment.
Competences: 0 Gravity understanding, flight phases, acceleration gradient
CNES – Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales (French Space Agency), Toulouse, France (September 2010 and December 2010)
· Spacecraft Techniques and Technology, Space Technology Course organized by CNES at Labège.
Competences: space mechanics, optics, on-board data handing, communications, space components, materials and thermal protection, radiation
ISAE – Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace at Supaero, Toulouse, France (October 2008 - February 2009)
· Experimental project in collaboration with THALES about the “Positioning of satellites using both GPS and Galileo constellations”.
Competences: communications, antennas, orbits determination
ISAE – Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace at ENSICA, Toulouse, France (October 2007 – June 2008)
· Project at the Fluid Mechanics Department. Experimental work about the “Generation of Inhomogeneous Wing-tip Vortices”.
Competences: CFD computation, aerodynamic modeling, simulation at wing tunnel
NEWI – North East Wales Institute – Wrexham, United Kingdom (December 2006 - June 2007)
· Final year project at the Mechanical Department. Theoretical project about the ”Aircraft Propulsion using renewable energies”.
Competences: airplane systems, energy, propulsion, electricity
Catalan: mother tongue
English: fluent, 1 year of study in United Kingdom
French: fluent, 4 years in France
Common Systems: MS Office, Windows, Linux
Engineering software: CatiaV5, AutoCad, Matlab, SamCef, Abaqus, Gambit, Fluent, SatOrb
Programming: Java, C, C++, Visual Basic
OTHER ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
· Associative life: volunteer in environmental work-camps in Europe (Germany summer 2004 and Belgium summer 2005)
· Sports: basket, swimming, cycling
· Basketball trainer for children (2001 - 2004) and life guard basic certificate (2001)
· Other: travel, astronomy, musical theatre
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.