Thermal engineer specialising in experimental and numerical research in multiscale thermal sciences and fluid mechanics with a keen interest in innovation particularly in the challenging fields of avionics, spatial applications and energy regeneration. I hold a Bachelors degree and PhD in Mechanical Engineering and have completed a post-doctoral research contract in Grenoble, France. My key competencies include:
· Novel thermal managements solutions
· Experimental and finite element modelling
· Fluid mechanics and microfluidics·
· Member Institution of Engineers of Ireland
· Member American Society of Mechanical Engineers
01/2010 – 01/2011 Thermal Engineer CEA, Leti-Minatec, Grenoble, France
Thermal design engineer in the microelectronics sector conducting a numerical feasibility study on interchip single-phase microscale liquid cooling in advanced 3D-stacked integrated circuits.
09/2009 – 12/2009 Renewable Energy Consultant SIAC Construction, Dublin, Ireland
Technical consultant on a business development feasibility project investigating heat recovery and regeneration
· Analytical evaluation of an Advanced-Adiabatic Compressed Air Energy Storage (AA-CAES) method for domestic wind turbines.
· Evaluation of efficiencies and Coefficient of Performance
· Technical report presented to executive committee including conclusions and recommendations
12/2005 – 09/2008 Thermal Research Engineer (as per applied research in PhD program)
Investigated a novel integrated liquid pump heat exchanger for power electronic components
· Lead necessary analytical calculations and engineering analysis to ensure robust design
· Work closely with the project teams to meet all deliverables per program needs
· Concluding research work produced viable demonstrator and invention disclosure.
09/2004 – 06/2004 Mechanical Engineer Zvijezda, Zagreb, Croatia
Student internship awarded by the International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) with Zvijezda – the largest food processor in the Balkans.
· Involved in mechanical maintenance overhaul, component design and installation.
12/2005 – 09/2008 Tutor and Laboratory Demonstrator University of Limerick
· Supervised undergraduates in their practical and theoretical classes including correcting exam scripts and providing additional academic assistance to assigned tutees.
· Taught numerical method of analysis of 2-D heat transfer.
Modules taught: Engineering Science, Heat Transfer, Physiological Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics.
2005 – 2009 PhD in Thermal Sciences and Fluid Dynamics University of Limerick
Thesis title: “A Miniature-Scale Integrated Liquid Pump and Heat Exchanger for Electronics Cooling”
Supervisors: Dr. Jeff Punch and Dr. Ronan Grimes
2001 – 2005 Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (Hons) University College Dublin
Dissertation: “Design and Optimisation of the Cooling System for a Formula Student Race Car Engine” Grade A1
Subjects: Heat Transfer, Material Science, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Applied Dynamics, Chemistry and Engineering Mathematics.
Software: Microsoft Office, UNIX platforms, Lyx,
Engineering: COMSOL, Matlab, Pro Engineer Wildfire, and Insight 3G.
Experimental: Proficient in a range of manometric, velocimetric and infrared thermography measurement techniques including data acquisition and analysis.
Courses: 2010 “Fundamentals of Microscale Heat Transfer”, EPFL, Switzerland
2010 “Clean Room Concept”, CEA, LETI-Minatec, France
2007 “Thermal Management of Electronic Systems”, Limerick, Ireland
2006 “Introduction to Measurement Techniques”, VKI, Belgium
Languages: English – native, French – professional
Awards: 2005-2009Enterprise Ireland PhD Scholarship €84,000
2007 1st place poster Annual Sir Bernard Crossland Symposium, 2007 (National research award for first year mechanical engineering PhDs)
2007 – 2009 Chairperson and former Secretary of the University of Limerick Sub-Aqua Club
2006 – present Master Diver, Dive Instructor and Deep Air Technical Diver
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.