GENERAL MANAGER PROJECT MANAGEMENT BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MARKETING AEROSPACE
ACTIVE TOP SECRECT AND SCI CLEARANCES
Demonstrated expertise in the ability to conceptualize, design, develop, implement, evaluate and manage state-of-the-art, mission-critical systems in a large, highly technical organization.
Successfully leverages comprehensive knowledge of systems, aviation, avionics, and defense operations to translate requirements into sound solutions. Leverages broad military experience, technical knowledge, and analytical skills to help organizations achieve their strategic objectives and articulate a vision for the future.
Executive Presentations Strategic Planning International Business
Engineering Management Vendor Relations Cost-Benefit Analysis
Proposal Development Process Improvement Contract Negotiations & Management
P&L Responsibility Risk Management Vendor Management
Project Management Supply Chain Management Customer Relations
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., Denver, CO 2008 to Present
SENIOR MANAGER, NATIONAL DEFENSE STRATEGIC BUSINESS UNIT
Hired to drive business development initiatives and product offerings. Coordinates business development activities with other SBUs throughout the company. Prospects and collaborates with Government organizations including Air Force Space Command, Air Force Research Lab, National Reconnaissance Office, Operationally Responsive Space Office, Missile Defense Agency, and Army Space and Missile Defense Command.
* Work with company engineers to develop space systems that meet customer needs
* Oversee budget & resource allocation for product development from beginning of concept to implementation
* Lead proposal teams consisting of multiple engineers to develop unique system concepts and solutions
* Captured $400M Operationally Responsive Space Program.
* Positioned company for win on $1.2B Precision Tracking Satellite System for the Missile Defense Agency.
* Developed and implemented Business Development organization structure to improve efficiency.
* Established Teaming Agreements with several Prime contractors on major programs.
* Developed program to provide missile warning capabilities for international countries.
* Negotiated exclusive teaming position on $3.7B Space and Missile Defense program
* Engaged Government customer through marketing activities to develop product distribution channels
Newmont Mining Corporation, Denver, CO 2007 to 2008
DIRECTOR, IT PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Oversaw and directed IT PMO resources. Established Portfolio Management for the IT Department. Developed and enforced global project management methodology for 5 regions including Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, Australia, and North America.
* Created and implemented process for acquiring external project resources.
* Established Vendor Management Working Group charged with streamlining processes and reducing costs.
* Conducted project management training for Peru Operations PMO
* Developed Gated Milestone process for IT projects to ensure specific ROI.
* Established operating practices and resource allocation for programs across 5 geographic regions including Asia Pacific, South America, Africa, Australia, and North America
Science Applications International Corp-SAIC, Aurora, CO 2006 to 2007
BUSINESS LEAD, AFRL & SPACE
Led business development and strategic planning initiatives for 4 Divisions within the Reconnaissance and Surveillance Operation. Proposal Lead for $16M DARPA advanced surveillance program. Business Development Lead for NGA supported Automated Targeting System. Coordinated annual budget development and execution for all space-related activities.
* Team member on winning proposal for $6M program to support Office of Naval Research.
* Developed 3 year Strategic Business Plan to support Space Situational Awareness.
United States Air Force 1986 to 2006
DIRECTOR, MAUI HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING CENTER, Air Force Research Lab, (2003 to 2006)
Led team of 95 military/contractor engineers and program managers in delivering unparalleled high-performance computing assets. Procured and deployed hardware during 3 year strategic plan. Delivered 24x7 operations to 21 separate DoD organizations at multiple security classification levels. Supported NRO, NGA, and MDA.
* Developed and captured $13M High Performance Computing Software Institute funding.
* Conducted over 85 capabilities briefings to top government executives including members of Congress, Senior Executive Service, and Flag Level officers.
* Earned recognition as a “Top Ten Global Supercomputing Center” with a total of 60 Teraflops.
CHIEF, SPACECRAFT ACQUISITION DIVISION, DoD Space Test Program, Kirtland AFB, NM, (1999 to 2003)
Promoted with full responsibility for 11 priority R&D satellite missions valued at over $850M. Reports included 12 military/government personnel and 150 contractors.
* Successfully maintained 100% readiness level.
* Negotiated contracts. Reduced Government charges by over $3M.
* Promoted to Branch Chief 2 years ahead of schedule.
SENIOR CREW, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg AFB, (1996 to 1999)
Directed all aspects of Mission-Ready evaluation and certification of launch operations for 56 personnel in 11 launch mission areas. Controlled 213 sites and over 900 range operations personnel during launch operations.
* Performed 34 launch operations of orbital and sub-orbital vehicles with 100% success rate.
* Senior U.S. representative for 2 US satellite launches at Baikonur launch facility in Kazakhstan
GRADUATE STUDENT, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright – Patterson AFB, (1994 to 1996)
MISSILE OPERATIONS EVALUATOR & COMBAT CREW COMMANDER, Whiteman AFB, (1991 to 1994)
Executive MBA Program, University of Colorado
Master of Science, Space Operations, Air Force Institute of Technology
Master of Arts, Human Resource Development/Management, Webster University
Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering, Colorado Technical University
Project Management Institute, PMP, Certified in 2004
Defense Acquisition University Certification, PM Level II, SPRDE Level II, T & E Level I
Squadron Officer School
Officer Training School
Project Management Institute (PMI), American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), American Institute of Engineers (AIE), Vista Ridge Metropolitan District Board of Directors
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.