Bottom-up approach to achieve a complete overview of the Satellite Communications business, from the design, development and validation of new generation of Payloads, at the state-of-art, to the most attractive solutions to ensure complete management of test campaigns on ground and in-orbit, up to the understanding of operational and commercial aspect of the Satellite business, such the exploration of new exciting markets around the world and the design of new generation services based on satellite capacity as well.
Master of Sc. on Advanced Satellite Communications and Navigation Systems
Università degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”, Italy 2010-2011
Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering
Università degli Studi di Palermo, Italy 2005-2009
Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering
Università degli Studi di Palermo, Italy 2002-2005
Design of transparent and regenerative Payloads for telecommunications and scientific missions, TT&C subsystem engineering, Antennae, Payload equipment and subsystem procurement, Hosted Payload concept and RF compatibility, Environmental S/C AIT/AIV campaign.
Expertise on EMC, Optical Payloads, Microwave devices, Multiple Access Techniques and Satellite communications link budgets.
Basic of GPS, Galileo and EGNOS Navigation concepts
Italian: Mother tongue
French: Bilingual proficiency
English Full professional proficiency
German: Elementary proficiency
Spanish: Elementary proficiency
Payload AIT Manager 2014 - present
OHB SE Bremen, Germany
Responsible of Data Relay Payload performance tests and of the coordination of AIT activity for Hylas-3 hosted payload, within the EDRS-C Space Program.
Reporting to the S/C AIT Manager, the main tasks under my responsibility are listed:
- Focal point of Payload System Engineering, EGSE development. Thermal Dept. and Electrical Power System Engineering teams for the respective AIT activities impacting the Data Relay Payload.
- Focal point for assembly and integration activities run both by the S/C prime and Payload subcontractor. on the radiator panels (e.g. TCS harness, glueing processes, MGSE collision checks, grounding concept, EMC shielding, 3D-CAD checks through Mylar, flight fasteners, torque procedures);
- Support to the System Engineering on the definition of the VCD matrices for the Data Relay Payload and the LCT at S/C level;
- Planning of Data Relay Payload AIT activities for the CM and S/C test campaign, in a close cooperation with the Payload supplier subcontractor, to identify and solve the open points and critical issues in the respect of the time schedule and costs;
- Procurement of the test aids needed for the Data Relay Payload testing at S/C level, in the respect of costs and time schedule, technical monitoring and review of the qualification process in compliance to the ECSS standards, reporting to ESA and to the customer as well;
- Negotiation of the needed technical support from the various test facilities (TVAC, CATR) in compliance to the Long Term Agreement Contract between OHB and contractor company;
- Agreement of the test interfaces and test aids, GSE and test setup, test requirements and limitations, test facilities constraints for the Hosted Payload testing (Hylas-3), with the respective Payload Subcontractor and Customer.
Payload Design and AIV Engineer (contractor) 2011 - 2014
Thales Alenia Space Italy Rome, Italy
Responsible of RF performance analysis for the Italian repeater module within the Athena Fidus Space project.
Reporting to the Technical Payload System Manager, the main activities are listed:
- RF performance analyses and payload architecture optimization, processing of RFDs at equipment level and preparation of RIDs to the Payload and S/C CDR data-package;
- Preparation of TRR review: Support on hardware monitoring of active/passive equipment, agreement of EMC, mechanical, electrical and RF test procedures and validation of related test reports; Processing of RFWs during acceptance test at equipment level;
- Hardware monitoring of LCAMP and TWTAs high power amplifiers and support to the Product Assurance Manager for the TRB and DRB reviews;
- Handling of power consumption and dissipation budget: support to the System Mission Engineering team to define the TDMA operational mode in compliance to Spacebus 4000 Platform; support to the Thermal Design Engineering team to the validation of thermal model in the frame of Thermal Balance verification;
- RF performance test validation of Communication Repeater Module, support on the investigation due to the possible NCRs and participation to the NRBs (TAS-F Toulouse facility);
- Validation of EtE RF performances at S/C level during ambient and TVAC phases (TAS-F Cannes facility): support to the NCRs investigation and NRB co-location, technical contribution to the NRBs and preparation of final test report for the acceptance review with the Customer;
- Support to the BID manager on the definition of preliminary payload and satellite budgets during the technical proposal for new payloads of satellite systems.
RF Project Engineer (Intern) 2010 - 2011
Eutelsat Communications Paris, France
In the frame of the Deployment of S-band coverage in Europe; development of systems, infrastructures and services based on DVB-SH and E.S.S.A protocols, I was involved into the SafeTRIP.eu European project.
Main activities and responsibility:
- Technical surveillance, requirements negotiations and test on field of vehicular S-band antennas;
- RF analysis of Tx/Rx branches of transceiver terminal, critical issues and proposal of solutions;
- Electrical interfaces between vehicular S-band antennas and transceiver terminal: feasibility analysis of TX power control loop;
- Link budget analysis: DVB-SH forward link
- Experience as expert animator on GNSS systems during the 1st SafeTRIP Workshop, Lyon, 25-26 November 2010
- Strong attitude to work in a multicultural team;
- Excellent communicative skills;
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- System overview and team coordination
- Strong interest on discovering artistic and cultural heritage,
- Paint and architecture
- Cuban Salsa Dance
Please, check out my profile on LinkedIn website.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.