To obtain an engineering position working in the aerospace field with an interest in propulsion systems, vehicle systems, and systems engineering and operations.
Purdue University - West Lafayette, IN
Bachelors of Science in Aerospace Engineering, December 2006
Minor in English
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) Houston, TX April 2007 - Present
Associate Systems Engineer
Flight Operations for Space Shuttle Safety and Mission Assurance
Cross trained into International Space Station Flight Operations for Safety and Mission Assurance
Skills and Achievements
Technical briefings to NASA management
Presentation of technical material and training material
Completed practical systems engineering course, May 2008
System Safety Workshop, September 2007 and supplemental class September 2009
Completed Space Shuttle and International Space Station Safety Console training, March 2008 and March 2010
Member of the Safety console team that received continued excellence award in Space Shuttle MER, March 2009
Safety Console Support (Space Shuttle, International Space Station (ISS), Integration Safety)
* Supported three consoles Space Shuttle Mission Evaluation Room (MER) S&MA (Safety and Mission Assurance), International Space Station MER Safety and Independent Safety Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) for Main Propulsion System (MPS) support
* General console skills include:
o Review flight products and inform management of impending changes
o Coordinate with safety's vehicle system engineers and other disciplines to provide a safety disposition for action requests and documentation updates ensuring all information is correct and in accordance with hazard controls
o Monitor crew activities and vehicle status for off-nominal events, then record and notifying appropriate parties to begin investigations of the events
* Space Shuttle Safety Console
o Performed the role of mission lead for STS-129 completing several document reviews and a presentation to the console group in preparation for the Shuttle mission
o Frequently in the role of shift lead for mission support at the Shuttle Safety console responsible for leading the console team reviews of products and coordination of console activities
* International Space Station Safety Console
o Provided NASA safety management with briefings of console activities, status of crew activities and troubleshooting, failure investigation meeting outcomes, vehicle anomalies, action requests and real time documentation change requests.
o Participated in failure investigation meetings as the safety delegate to ensure the safety concerns are heard
* SE&I Safety - MPS Support
o Monitor real-time status of the main propulsion system (MPS) during pre-launch through launch timeframe activities for off-nominal and hazardous conditions
o Report concerns to the NASA customer on console as they occur
Propulsion Systems Integration Group Safety Representative
* Voting member representing shuttle safety
* Ensured hazard controls were in place to maintain safety standards for proposed changes
* Voiced concerns to the group and safety management to address increases in risk and subsequent consequences when changes were introduced to the system
* Briefed Safety management on topics as they progressed to higher levels in the NASA system providing explanations of the item and how it impacts hazard controls and accepted risk levels
Product Reviews (flight rules, procedures, hazard reports)
* Ensure documentation changes do not cause an increase in risk of hazardous conditions occurring or invalidate hazard controls.
* Coordinate with the system specialists within safety to provide a complete, integrated review
* Brief S&MA management concerning documentation updates, describing any changes to risk or hazard controls
* Aided in fault tree investigations by organizing the failure history of a specific system into categories and looking for trends in the data
Capture Project and Training Project - Project lead
* The capture project and training development teams met regularly to set deadlines and delegate responsibilities, discuss peer review of writing assignments and provided briefings to management when requested.
* Developed a three phase training plan concepts for Safety console operators originally intended to prepare for Constellation support.
* Worked with a team to complete a project intended to document shuttle activities on the safety console and in the Safety Problem Investigation Team during mission support
* Drafted and compiled sections describing technical work completed at the Safety console, correct use of applicable resources, training to support console, and of common types of communication between disciplines
Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point)
MATLAB, last used in 2006
Exposure to C programming and CATIA
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.