• Citizenship: Italian
• Gender: Male
• Date of birth: 22-04-1982
• May 2010 - Nov. 2010: Intern Engineer Corporate R&D division Qualcomm, San Diego, CA, USA.
The activity focused on enhanced MIMO techniques for 3GPP LTE-Advanced. During this activity, several 3GPP technical contributions and a patent application (pending) have been carried out.
• 2007-present: Industrial Collaboration with Mavigex s.r.l; spin-off company of the University of Bologna.
• Mar. 2007 - present: Research Grant with the Advanced Research Center on Electronic Systems for Information and Communication Technologies Ercole De Castro (ARCES), University of Bologna, working on 4G cellular communication systems, and integrated terrestrial and satellite networks. Supervisors Prof. G.E. Corazza and Prof. A. Vanelli-Coralli.
• Jan. 2008 - (Expected) May 2011: Ph.D. in Electronics, Computer Science and Telecommunications Engineering from the University of Bologna. Thesis entitled “Advanced signal and receiver design for next generation OFDM systems”; Supervisor Prof. G.E. Corazza.
• Oct. 2004 - Jan. 2007: M.Sc degree (summa cum laude) in Telecommunication Engineering from the University of Bologna with a dissertation entitled “Symbol Timing and Carrier Frequency Recovery for DVB-H Systems”; Supervisor Prof. G.E. Corazza.
• Set. 2001 - Oct. 2004: B.Sc degree in Telecommunication Engineering from the University of Bologna with a dissertation entitled “Design of LDPC Codes”; Supervisor Prof. G.E. Corazza.
Research Project Participation
Researcher in the following international projects:
• 2010 - present: DVB-TM-H standardization group (developing the next generation handheld and mobile broadcasting system DVB-NGH) with several contributions on the PAPR reduction techniques.
• 2010 - present: the ESA/ESTEC funded project “Cost Effective Satellite Terminals for MESH Overlay Networking” aimed to promote the market penetration of satellite networks based on the mesh topology, allowing direct connectivity among remote satellite terminals without having to double-hop via a Hub station (performed in cooperation with Mavigex s.r.l.); in charge of Physical layer investigations and analysis.
• 2008 - present: the funded EC FP7 IST Network of Excellence “Network of Excellence in Wireless Communications (NEWCOM++)” aimed at creating a trans-European virtual research centre linking a proper number of leading European research groups in a highly integrated, carefully harmonized, cooperative fashion.
• 2008 - 2010: the ESA/ESTEC funded project “Enhanced Multicarrier OFDM Digital Transmission Techniques for Broadband Satellites” aimed at the enhancement of OFDM Digital Transmission Techniques for mobile and fixed Broadband Satellites (performed in cooperation with Mavigex s.r.l.); in charge of the analysis of: hybrid network channel modeling; channel estimation; signal detection; time and frequency synchronization;
• 2009 - 2010: the ESA/ESTEC funded project “2nd Generation of DVB-RCS Standardization Support” - aimed at supporting the standardization activities of the DVB-RCS group; in charge of the analysis of: Time and frequency Synchronization;
• 2007 - 2009: the funded EC FP6 IST Network of Excellence ”SatNEx-II” - aimed at establishing a longlasting, durable integration of European research in satellite communications and to advance European research in satellite communications through a joint programme of activities addressing the research, as well as the integration and training needs of the European Union.
• 2007 - 2008: the ESA/ESTEC funded project ”Study of Satellite Role in 4G Mobile Networks” - aimed at the definition of the satellite role in 3G and beyond mobile networks; in charge of the analysis of: Channel Estimation; Time and frequency Synchronization;
• 2007 - present: Tutor for Digital Transmissions course, Prof. G.E. Corazza, University of Bologna.
• 2010 - present: Tutor for Communication System course, Prof. A. Vanelli-Coralli, University of Bologna.
• 2007 - present: Tutor of undergraduate student dissertations in Telecommunication Engineering, University of Bologna.
• Fluent written and verbal English
• Fluent written and verbal Spanish
• Italian mother tongue
• Programming: C, C++
• Mathematical computing software: MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink, Wolfram Research Mathematica
• Other tools: LATEX, Microsoft Office
Awards and Scientific Appointments
• Best thesis award in Telecommunications Engineering, (University of Bologna, Academic Year 2005/2006) awarded by “Fondazione Guglielmo Marconi” for the M.Sc Dissertation: “Symbol Timing and Carrier Frequency Recovery for DVB-H Systems”.
• Member of the technical program committees of: ◦ the Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) Spring 2011; ◦ the 5th Advanced Satellite Mobile Systems Conference (ASMS ’10); ◦ the 4th Advanced Satellite Mobile Systems Conference (ASMS ’08); ◦ the 10th International Symposium on Spread Spectrum Techniques and Applications, (ISSSTA ’08).
• Reviewer for the IEEE Transactions on Communications,and for several wireless communications conferences.
• IEEE and IET Member.
• Prof. Giovanni Emanuele Corazza, Head of the Department of Electronics, Computer Science, and Systems (DEIS), University of Bologna, Viale Risorgimento 2, Bologna, Italy; giovanni.corazza(at)unibo.it
• Juan Montojo Ph.D., Principal Engineer, Corporate Research and Development, Qualcomm, 5665 Morehouse Dr, San Diego, CA 92121, USA ; juanm(at)qualcomm.com
• Prof. Alessandro Vanelli-Coralli, Associate Professor Advanced Research Center for Electronic Systems (ARCES), University of Bologna, Via Toffano 2/2, 40125 Bologna, Italy ; avanelli(at)arces.unibo.it
• Stefano Cioni Ph.D., Communication System Engineer, ESA-ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands stefano.cioni(at)esa.int
Scientific Publications and Patents
[J1] S. Rosati, G. E. Corazza, A. Vanelli-Coralli, “OFDM Channel Estimation based on Impulse Response Decimation: Analysis and Novel Algorithms”, submitted to IEEE Transaction on Communications
[J2] F. Bastia, C. Bersani, E. A. Candreva, S. Cioni, G. E. Corazza, M. Neri, C. Palestini, M. Papaleo, S. Rosati, A. Vanelli-Coralli “LTE Adaptation for Mobile Broadband Satellite Networks”, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, March 2009.
[P1] S. Rosati, E. A. Candreva, G. E. Corazza, “Metodo per la riduzione del rapporto tra la potenza di picco e la potenza media di un segnale modulato in divisione di frequenza ortogonale mediante mappatura di simboli in luoghi geometrici, e relativo sistema”, filed to Italian Patent Office, Feb. 2010
[P2] S. Rosati, E. A. Candreva, G. E. Corazza, “Method for reducing the Peak-to-Average Power Ratio of an orthogonal frequency division multiplexing modulated signal by mapping symbols in geometric loci, and relevant system”, filed to Patent Cooperation Treaty, Feb. 2011
[C1] S. Rosati, S. Cioni A. Vanelli-Coralli, , G. E. Corazza, G. Gallinaro, A. Ginesi, “A Joint Multi-User Synchronization Method for SC-FDMA in Broadband Satellite Return Channel”, IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf. (GLOBECOM10), Miami, USA, Dec. 2010.
[C2] S. Rosati, E. A. Candreva, G. E. Corazza, “Rotation-Invariant Sub-Carrier Mapping: A Novel Technique Enabling Quasi-Constant OFDM Envelope”, IEEE 5th Advanced Satellite Multimedia Systems Conference (ASMS 2010), Cagliari, Italy, Sep. 2010.
[C3] S. Rosati, G. E. Corazza, A. Vanelli-Coralli, “OFDM Channel Estimation with Optimal Threshold-Based Selection of CIR Samples”, IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf. (GLOBECOM09), Honolulu, USA, Dec. 2009.
[C4] S. Rosati, A.B. Awoseyila, A. Vanelli-Coralli, C. Kasparis, G.E. Corazza and B.G. Evans, “Threshold Detection Analysis for OFDM Timing and Frequency Recovery”, IEEE Global Telecommun. Conf. (GLOBECOM09), Honolulu, USA, Dec. 2009.
[C5] F. Bastia, G. E. Corazza, C. Palestini, S. Rosati, A. Vanelli-Coralli, “Preamble Insertion in Future Satellite- Terrestrial OFDM Broadcasting Standards”, Proc. of International Communications Satellite Systems Conference (ICSSC) 2009, Edinburgh, 1-4 Jun. 2009.
[C6] S. Rosati, M. Villanti, A. Vanelli-Coralli, G.E. Corazza, “OFDM Post-FFT Frequency Recovery based on Silent Sub-Carriers”, Proc. of IEEE 10th International Symposium on Spread Spectrum Techniques and Applications, (ISSSTA) 2008, Bologna, Italy, 25-28 Aug. 2008.
[C7] S. Rosati, S. Cioni, M. Neri, A. Vanelli-Coralli, and G.E. Corazza, “Joint Symbol Timing and Carrier Frequency Recovery for DVB-SH System”, Proc. of International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communications (IWSSC) 2007, Salzburg, Austria, 13-14 Sep. 2007.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.