Position sought: Analogue/Mixed Signal Hardware Design Engineer.
Experience: 10+ years Analogue/Digital Design in Space (EADS Astrium, MBDA & Comdev) and Defence (Thales Missile & Research)
Knowledge of space radiation environment, impact on electronics and mitigation techniques.
Apr 06 – Present (Permanent) ComDev Space Analogue Design Engineer
Comdev designs high reliability bespoke electronics for space.
• Analogue design. Transistor level design using PSPICE. Designed constant current sources, voltage regulators, amplifiers and misc circuits.
• RF power detector/automatic loop control electronics (up to 2GHz) development
• IF Amplifier (200MHz) constant gm over temperature development.
• Discrete bandgap voltage reference development.
• Simulation of the effects of SEE and total dose. Associated documentation: parts stress, worst case and SEE analysis.
• Project engineer for 3 projects Ka, Ku and X band Duplexers. Responsible for RF, mechanical, electronics and all other technical aspects of hardware. Supported assembly and test of units. Generated Non-conformance reports and amended documents accordingly.
• Contributed/checked FMECA, Reliability, Radiation sensitivity & EMC analysis documents.
• EMC Support
• Radiation environment analysis for LEO satellites.
• DCDC (SMPS) specification writing.
Dec 05 – Apr 06 (Contract) Smiths Aerospace Analogue Design Engineer
Smiths designs sensor interface units for aircraft
• Design of analogue hardware
• Debug and re-design of hardware
Aug 05 – Dec 05 (Contract) Goodrich Engine Controls Design Assurance
Goodrich designs engine control systems for aircraft
• Verify signal integrity on new ASICs
• Write software to test hardware
• Verify correct functionality of systems
• Debug and re-design of Hardware
Oct 04 – June 05 (Contract) MBDA Radiation Effects Engineer
The Radiation Effects Group within MBDA irradiates devices and analyses circuit performance.
• Design of digital and analogue circuits (ADC/DAC, and linear devices) Trials instrumentation and remote monitoring design.
• Support and perform equipment trials using in-house Lasers and external facilities.
• Data analysis of devices subjected to prompt dose trials
• PCB Design (ORCAD)
Sept 03 – Oct 04 (Contract) EADS Astrium Design Engineer
Astrium designs military, scientific and commercial satellites.
• Design and development of analogue circuits. Filters, CFB op-amps.
• Writing of technical report. DRP, WCA, PSA and SEE analysis.
• Research of multi-channel ADC/DAC (Delta Sigma) on a FPGA
April 03 – Sept 03 (Contract) Goodrich Power Systems Test and verification
Goodrich designs Electrical power generation systems for aircraft
• Design of test electronics and equipment
• Analysis of preliminary data
Oct 01 – Aug 02 (Permanent) ComDev Space Design Engineer
• Analogue circuit design: High speed, wide dynamic range log amps
• Development and production support for RF and analogue circuits.
• RF power detectors (L and X Band) development and devising high accuracy RF test setups.
• Worst case, loop stability and performance analysis/simulations
Oct 00 – Sept 01 (Permanent) Thales Research Hardware Design Engineer
Thales Research designs electronic warfare equipment.
• IQ downconvertor development (RF down converter and digital IQ demodulator)
• RF (2.5GHz) design: PLL, filters and clock distribution.
• Digital design: clock distribution and de-skewing.
• Responsible for the design and layout reviews, detailed design
Dec 97- Feb 00 (Permanent) Thales Missile Electronics Hardware Design Engineer
Thales Missile Electronics designs proximity fuzing units for missiles and ordnance.
• Analogue circuit design: low noise amplifiers; voltage regulators; current sources and oscillators using transistors and op-amps. The circuits would be designed with the aid of Microsim/ORCAD andt hen prototyped and tested.
• Digital/FPGA design: shift registers; 512 bit adders; counters and decision logic was designed with the aid of Altera Max Plus II.
• LASER range finder evaluation. A mixed signal design (employing pulse addition) was evaluated. The analogue evaluation involved high speed: LASER drivers, photo detectors (APD) and ADCs. MathCAD and Vissim were used for systems analysis.
Highly proficient with simulation tools, Microsim/ORCAD (PSPICE).
Knowledge and use of layout tools (ORCAD and Altium/Protel)
Proficient with Microsoft Office.
1996-1997 University of Nottingham MSc Electronic Engineering
1992-1995 University of Wales BSc (Hons) Physics with Solid Sate Electronics
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.