Private Pilot License, Toronto, CANADA
2010 - Present
• Currently pursuing my private pilot license
• Courses: Theory of flight/Aerodynamics, Flight Instruments, Airframes, Aero Engines, Meteorology, Flight Operations, Navigation/Radio Theory/Electronics/Flight Planning, Canadian Aviation regulation
International Space University, Strasbourg, FRANCE
Master of Science (M.Sc.), 2006-2007
• Specialization in Space Science
• Courses with focus on Systems Engineering, Economics, Business, Policy and Law in Space Sector and Remote Sensing
Trent University, Peterborough, ON., CANADA
• Pursued courses in Computer Science, in order to extend my knowledge in computer systems and programming.
• Course: Advanced systems, Theory of Computation, Software Engineering with C/C++, Programming methodologies, Visual programming techniques, Artificial Intelligence and Computer organization.
Trent University, Peterborough, ON., CANADA
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), with Honors. Mathematics 1999-2003.
• Dean’s List recognition.
• Course: Discrete Structures, Matrices and Vectors, Calculus in one variable and several dimensions, Probability, Combinatorics and Graph Theory, Linear and Discrete Optimization, Computational Methods and Statistical Analysis, Complex Analysis, Geometry, Differential Equations, Computability and Mathematical Logic.
Aug 30, 2007: Iridium modem capabilities and scientific instruments: Tumbleweed and Polar Traverse Rover (Individual project at NASA-JPL, California USA)
May 1, 2007: Full Moon: Storage and Delivery of Oxygen and Hydrogen for Lunar Exploration (Team project at the International Space University, Strasbourg FRANCE)
Oct.1, 2008: Polar Traverse Rover: A Novel, Low Cost Instrument to Depict Antarctic/Arctic Surface Wind Characteristics (NASA Tech Brief Magazine, California USA)
2008 – Present, Hostopia Inc., Mississauga, ON, CANADA
Senior Technical Document Specialist
• Writing project and technical specifications.
• Requirements analysis
• Working at Vodafone Group Headquarters (UK) office – 3 weeks
• Drafting and writing operational procedures
• Collecting and creating RFP (Request for Proposal) response materials for the R & D / Administration departments
• Effectively managing translations across all system applications
• Assist in generating collateral marketing and training material for new products
• Identify and track projects which qualify for the SR&ED (Scientific Research and Experimental Development),Tax Credit Program
• Manage and collaborate with remote counterpart - Ukraine
• Writing, editing, and updating user guide material.
• Managing and executing on all maintenance notifications to partners
• Writing release notifications for transmission to our end-users and business partners.
2007 NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), California, USA
Intern within the Life detection and Sample Handling Technologies Department, May – August
• Conducted testing and configuration of Iridium modems using SatTerm software for configuration and usage
• Developed software in PBasic and worked extensively with Basic Stamp
• Successfully performed hardware integration for the Polar Traverse Rover
• Conducted extensive research into working with microcontrollers focusing on developing a low-cost and light-weight instrument with an integrated iridium modem used in determining and analyzing the relationship between instantaneous wind field and the ambient environment in the region of Antarctic. This project was developed with respect to the issue of global warming and more precisely it is designed to determine the role of Antarctica in the global climate system. It seeks to determine typical paths of continental air that passes South Pole and obtain valuable insight into the relationship between events on Antarctica and the meteorology of sub-polar altitudes.
• Modem integration and configuration, software programming, mechanical design of the instrument and testing.
2001-2006 Trent University, Peterborough, ON, CANADA
Administrative Assistant, Lady Eaton College Office
• Responsible for customer interface, providing answers to inquiries and taking action on concerns, when required
• Successfully maintained and prepared reports, including proofreading and finalization of correspondence
• Implemented and maintained office filing and inventory systems
• Demonstrated organization and attention to detail on all job actions
• Hungarian (fluent), Romanian (fluent), English (fluent), French (intermediate), German (intermediate), Russian – Level 1 ( 1 of 3) Certificate ( HANSA Language School Toronto)
2008 NASA Tech Brief Award for New Technology
• For the design, building and testing of the Polar Traverse Rover
2006 ISU Full Scholarship
• Awarded by the European Space Agency and International Space University to pursue Masters Degree
2004 Web Developer and Graphic Designer Certificate
Network Operating Environment
• Novell, Netware, DOS, Windows 95/98/NT/2000, XP
• Microsoft Word, SharePoint 2010, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Visio, OpenOffice, Outlook, Adobe Reader, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Basic Stamp programming, C++, STK (Satellite Tool Kit)
• Macromedia Flash, Adobe Photoshop
• Travel enthusiast, with footprints across Europe, coast to coast North America
• Active in sport: Tennis, Skiing, Basketball and Chess
• Music interests: Piano and vocal
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.