Dual Nationality: British Citizen, Canadian Citizen. [Security: UK Basic Check Cleared]
Skills and Key Achievements
· Over 22 years of PA and QA experience on successively more complex programs. Previously held Senior Product Assurance Management consulting roles at OHB Systems, QinetiQ and EuroControl, and prior to that, held a senior Quality Consulting role with EUMETSAT and counterparts on the “METOP” EPS Program, for system development, integration and verification/validation activities of a large complex satellite program. 3 satellites were planned for launch successively from 2006 onwards. The program involved multiple subcontractors requiring the planning and management of extensive subcontractor and supplier QA activities.
· Demonstrated QA skills and experience on complex hardware and software intensive real time systems e.g. ESA Programs (Multi Billion), Radarsat 2 Satellite and Ground Station System Development Program (300 Million-dollar program), and a Real Time Airborne Radar system development program (SIVAM: 50+ Million dollar program).
· Planned, budgeted, managed and executed the SIVAM Product Quality Assurance program (an Airborne Radar Program) from inception to completion (3 systems were fully integrated into Embraer 145 aircraft and each aircraft system successfully flight-tested). Involved extensive software and hardware QA planning and system integration testing activities, for a real-time system with complex hardware compliance (e.g. environmental, EMI/EMC and FAA requirements) and complex real time software requirements requiring cost effective and adaptive resolutions to fulfill the requirements. This also involved extensive subcontractor QA planning, management and activities to ensure successful subcontractor performance.
· Successfully implemented and executed a Subcontractor Quality Program for a major SIVAM subcontractor with no formal system in place. The Quality Program complied with ISO9001: 1994. Established firm review milestones and the quality program contained extensive audit and review activities facilitating improved subcontractor performance – a key requirement when dealing with large/complex subcontracts.
· Demonstrated “hands on” experience dealing with large subcontracts/suppliers and customer management. Responsibilities included configuration management, requirement validation process, procurement (COTS and custom requirements) and in process inspections, major milestone reviews, RIDS process, qualification testing, environmental requirements compliance, and final test verification and validation.
· Domain experience with corporate operations within the scope of ISO9001. This includes: Procurement, Subcontracts, Configuration Management, Training, Data Management, Engineering Process, Operations and Program Management, Business Development and Pursuits,
· Planned and completed complex QA planning/proposals for business pursuits, with successful follow-on award of contracts.
· Diverse level of experience on multiple Ground Station Programs ranging from small ground station projects to Envisat to Radarsat 2 Program and of late, ESA Programs.
· Background in hardware, software and avionics systems.
· Working knowledge of a number of standards e.g. Mil 2167A, MIL498 , ECSS, PSS05, ISO9001, and ESA ALERTS, NCTS systems.
· Extensive Software Quality Assurance and integration experience on a range of programs, as well as corporate QA requirements; in compliance to ISO9001; 1994 and ISO9001: 2000.
· Responsible for Quality Assurance Planning and Software QA Activities on European satellite ground station program "Envisat” in accordance with ESA software development standards PSS 05, which covers the full software development cycle and related QA requirements. (Satellite successfully launched Feb 28, 2002)
· Interested in a career path that utilizes the above skills, with frequent customer and subcontractor involvement. (European Space Agency Satellite Program, Radarsat 2 and SIVAM subcontractor management activities have utilized key strengths during the execution of these programs)
· Key strengths lie in PA/QA management and planning/execution, which are also important factors in the realms of subcontract/supplier QA management.
· Interested in Program / Subcontract / Supplier Management and Operations management roles.
April 2013 to present: Product Assurance Consulting.
Currently involved in multiple Ground Segment Projects and Proposals for ESA Programs;
Providing Product Assurance consulting services and managing engineering/development/PA activities for various customer ground segment projects in various phases e.g. EDRS GS and MOC system/software PA for SRR/PDR/CDR/FAT/PAR in accordance with ECSS requirements.
Jan 2012 to Mar 2013: Product Assurance Consulting for an ExoMars Instrument.
PA and consulting activities for ExoMars – NOMAD program and subsequent PA Planning including subcontractors and co-partners in Belgium/Spain.
June 2011 to Jan 2012: Product Assurance Manager for RCM program at COMDEV (CDE), UK
PA/Management activities at program (RCM Program) and subcontractor levels for the AIS Receiver. Radarsat Constellation Mission (RCM) is a canadian space agency program, which contains an AIS Receiver for the tracking of sea vessels via a satellite constellation.
April 2010 to June 2011: Senior Product Assurance Manager for SGEO Program at OHB Systems. Bremen, Germany.
PA Management activities at program (e.g. Hispasat/SGEO payload) and subcontractor levels. Extensive supplier/subcontractor PA management. Responsibility for the full SGEO Payload activities as PA Manager, with a team of specialists providing support. Also supported some MTG proposal and planning work.
May 2007 to Feb 2010: QinetiQ (http://www.qinetiq.com). Product Assurance Manager for the Space Division at QinetiQ, Farnborough. UK. This is a senior role with activities involving PA Management at divisional, program (e.g. BepiColombo, Alphabus) and subcontractor levels. Extensive supplier/subcontractor PA management. A number of new programs (e.g. Bepi Columbo) have now been initiated this year involving large space developments with ESA and their suppliers.
2006 to April 2007. Eurocontrol;QA Manager, for ATM Systems (Surveillance Products Group).
Senior QA role with activities including Quality Assurance Management at the program and subcontractor levels. Extensive supplier/subcontractor QA management. Participation in reviews, audits and testing of subsystems delivered from suppliers and their subcontractors. Attend and manage TRR’s, TRB’s and multiple test milestones and activities.
2002 – Nov 2005. Eumetsat; EPS Quality Assurance Consultant, for a large (triple) satellite program (Multi Million Euros annual budget), with European Space Agency and counterparts.
Activities including; Quality Assurance Management at the program and subcontractor levels. Extensive supplier contact and review/testing/audit milestones attended all over Europe.
Substantial efforts and activities revolving around Anomaly Review Boards, and managements of the Anomaly Process. Fully managing all ARB’s, and dissemination of inputs/outputs with all partners and suppliers on the METOP Program. Extensive non-conformance co-ordination with industry partners and subcontractors; Manage weekly reviews of subsystem product non-conformances and all new inputs received.
Reporting to management on NCR status and statistics using the EPS Anomaly Processing Tool, Tracking and Followup of NCR related actions.
Participation in reviews, audits and testing of subsystems delivered from suppliers and their subcontractors. Attend and manage TRR’s, TRB’s and multiple test activities currently in progress in the integration phase of the EPS Program. Involvement with FMECA’s, and feedback into the RAMS activities. Familiar with waivers processing and ESA Alerts.
Main overview of responsibilities on the current / previous programs have included:
· Proposal, Planning, Development, and Management of PA/SQA programs (inc.scheduling and budgets).
· External proposals of QA/SQA programs for Pursuit phases - business development.
· Customer management and subcontracts/supplier QA/Management. Participated in Vendor Qualifications.
· Supplier Audits in compliance to QA Plans, Customer Audits and GQAR (Government Quality Assurance Representative) liaison for military programs as well as commercial programs in compliance with ISO9001.
· Evaluate Commercial (e.g. ISO9001) and mil-spec. (e.g.2167A, 461C, 454) standards compliance for both software and hardware programs.
· Process/ISO9001 Audits (int. and ext.) including gap analysis, Product quality control, Data and Configuration Management.
· Cross Functional Process improvements during program planning/engineering life cycle phases.
· Generated inputs and evaluations for metrics programs to monitor performance.
· Successful implementation and continual compliance to ISO 9001 quality system. Evaluate corporate processes to assure continued compliance.
· Successfully planned and executed the Product Assurance program for SIVAM, and this has resulted in the fielding of 3 Airborne Radar Systems for the Brazilian Air Force.
· Manage and facilitate ISO9001external audits - Frequent contact with ISO Registrars and auditors, and successful negotiations to influence external auditors on matters pertaining to ISO9001 compliance.
· Supervision and mentoring of QA teams.
· Monthly Reporting to senior management (and CEO’s) at scheduled reviews.
Apr.1993 – Oct.2002 MacDonald Dettwiler, Richmond. BC. Canada. V6V 2J3.
Position: Special Programs - Subcontracts and Product Quality Assurance Manager.
Major Programs/Projects: Responsible for the Quality Assurance program and activities, including planning, schedules, reviews, audits and evaluation of development and test processes for large programs, including the following :-
Program: RADARSAT 2 Program, Ground Segment, Subcontracts/Quality Assurance Manager
( See website : http://www.mda.ca )
Description of Program: A 300 Million dollar program, in collaboration with the Canadian Space Agency, to design, build and launch a satellite for earth observation activities. The program consists of many subcontractors for the spacecraft development, as well as the ground segment development. Responsibilities include the flowdown of appropriate product assurance requirements within the program, including the selected subcontractors, and subsequent evaluations to verify compliance to all contract requirements. Activities include PA Management, control and planning, audits, reviews and subcontract evaluations, for all phases of development, fabrication and test. Extensive customer and subcontractor liaison.
SIVAM Program, Subcontracts/Quality Assurance Manager
A 100 Million dollar program to provide an integrated information network that links numerous space, airborne and ground based sensors to regional and national co-ordination centers. Brazilian agencies will use this information to protect the environment, improve air safety, increase accuracy of weather forecasting, assist in the detection, prevention and control of epidemics, manage land occupation and usage, and ensure effective law enforcement and border control.
MDA is responsible for providing an installed Airborne Radar system and a Ground Segment Satellite Image Processing centre. Responsible for all Quality Assurance activities including a major subcontractor for the radar.
NLIS (National Land Information System):
Responsible for all Quality Assurance activities, (NLIS) is a government initiative in the UK focused on modernizing government services to provide faster, easier access to all land and property information in England and Wales. MDA is active on two fronts in this area. The developer and operator of the NLIS Hub–the Internet-based system that provides electronic access to government data holdings on a wholesale basis to various channel retailers. Also the developer/operator of TransAction OnLine, a retail information Channel, that provides property-related information to customers in the legal and financial sectors.
ENVISAT: Major Satellite Ground-Station Program (15M) with stringent Product Assurance Requirements (PSS-05) and demanding customer. Managed all Program Quality Assurance activities, with frequent customer contact and regular external reporting. Managed all metrics and data reporting activities both internal and external (customer)
CARDS: Canadian Advanced Radar Deception System: Implemented a Quality program compliant to ISO 9001 for an Australian contract. CARDS is a high speed hardware development for the defense market providing radar jamming facilities for aircraft. Responsible for full interface with government product assurance representatives, and end customer for IV&V activities.
DAS: Developed and executed a QA program for the Direct Archiver (MDA) product. Included production /development process improvements and implementation of in-process inspection and test processes for hardware production. Also involved in the CE and EMC/EMI certification process.
MCDV: (Maritime Coastal Defense Vessel) Surveillance using sonar imaging for the detection of mine threats by the Canadian Navy. Responsible for the product assurance activities within a stringent MIL-STD-2167A development model. Managed and interfaced with onsite customer representatives on all aspects of software development. Provided direct customer reporting on QA Program activities/schedule and status. QA Program activities performed; process audits, data reviews, code reviews, component selloffs and acceptance test reviews.
Assignments (93): Airborne Scan Converter: Requirements Analysis, Conceptual design and detailed design of the high speed (ECL) portion of the Video Encoder Interface (VEI). Implementation of a suitable VME test environment for the VEI.
1986 - 1990 Avionics Systems/Hardware engineer. British Aerospace, Military Aircraft Division. Brough, N. Humberside, HU15 1EQ, UK.
· Avionics Systems Training Rig (ASTR) - Harrier GR5 Digital Interface of real aircraft instrumentation (e.g. HSI - Horizontal Situation Indicator) to microprocessors (e.g. 68000 VME system).
· Indian Navy Sea Harrier-Cockpit Procedures Trainer (CPT) - Design and Implementation of a multi-character Liquid Crystal Display interface for a Z80 CPU.
· Preliminary work involving Multi Purpose Displays (MPD) for computer generated instrument simulation.
· Digital design using Programmable Array Logic (PAL) and Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASIC) for the implementation of Algorithmic State Machines (ASM).
· Production of project requirements, design and test specifications. Production of software for hardware test harnesses mainly written in Pascal.
· Design of Computer Based Training (CBT) packages which included the design and integration of computer graphics with animations and video.
1990 - 1992 Post Graduate Course: Microelectronics Systems Design.
Brunel University, West London, UK.
Courses Included: Circuit Theory, CAD for VLSI, Parallel Computer Architecture, CAD of Digital Systems, Digital Signal Processing, IC. Architecture, Analog IC. Design, Software Engineering, IC. Design Techniques.
· Semi-Custom design (ASIC) of a speech compression algorithm (freq-shift time-compressed IC).
· Full Custom design (VLSI) of an 8x8 parallel multiplier.
1983 - 1986 B.Sc. Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
University Of Leicester, Dept. Of Engineering, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK.
Competent in Windows environment/ PC software packages eg Office Vista/XP, MS Project. Familiarity with Agile and Clearcase CM tools. Some familiarity with; CASE schematic capture packages, SILOS circuit simulation software, PALASM software (PAL programmer) on VAX, Pascal, Assembler, Vax/VMS, Modula-2, UNIX/Sun Workstation, SUNTOOLS, SOLO 1400 (Semi-custom CAD tool), MAGIC, CHIPWISE (full-custom CAD tools), SPICE (circuit simulation), Pads-logic CAD package.
Professional Affiliations: M.I.E.E.E. (Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.