Certificate of Completion, Space Studies Program, International Space University, Melbourne, FL
Team Project: Space Debris
Department: Management & Business
Bachelor of Applied Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Graduation Year: 2010
Major: Mechanical Engineering
Streams: Energy & Environment, Mechatronics
CAD: SolidWorks, Catia
Noise Modeling: SoundPlan
Pipe Stress: Caesar II
Optical Design: Zemax
Programming: C, C++, Java
Valve Sizing: Specification Manager, SRVS
FEA: Algor, Nozzle Pro, Sesam
Computing: Matlab, Mathcad
Insulation: 3E Plus
Relevant Engineering Experience:
Design Technology Engineer, Foster Wheeler, Houston, TX
May 2011 – May 2012
• Modeled noise propagation in oil refineries and performed stress and thermal analysis of towers, vessels and piping
Opto-Mechanical Design Engineer, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
May – August 2010
• Designed optical lens configuration for the Narrow-Field Infrared Adaptive Optics System Science Calibration Unit of the Thirty-Meter Telescope using Zemax optical design software
Test Engineering Intern, Pratt & Whitney Canada, Mississauga, ON
June 2008 – August 2009
• Directed jet engine combustor testing in the High Pressure Combustion Rig as test engineer
Engineering Intern, Aker Marine Contractors, Houston, TX
Summer 2006 / Summer 2007
• Performed FEA using Sesam to analyze stresses on suction piles during subsea installation for offshore oil drilling
Relevant Project Work:
Team Project, Space Debris, International Space University
• Collaborated with students from various countries to produce a report, executive summary and presentation summarizing a solution to the space debris problem in near-earth orbit
Management & Business Department, Business Proposal, International Space University
• Prepared with four other students a winning fixed firm price proposal for a satellite launch in which technical, financial and organizational frameworks were developed
Undergraduate Thesis, Fluid Behaviour in Microgravity, University of Toronto
Fall 2009 – Spring 2010
• Tested and compared effects of various microgravity G-Jitter vibration conditions on air bubbles with existing computational fluid dynamics models and co-wrote a thesis summarizing findings and further testing recommendations
Mechatronics Principles, Maze-Solving Rover, University of Toronto
• Designed, constructed and programmed with group members an autonomous maze-traversing vehicle
SAE Aero Design Competition, University of Toronto Aeronautics Team, University of Toronto
2006 - 2009
• Developed with a team multiple radio-controlled aircraft for lift of maximum payload in competition
Leadership, Achievements & Distinctions:
Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO)
National Science & Engineering Research Council of Canada Undergraduate Student Research Award
University of Toronto Astronomy & Space Exploration Society: President, Marketing Director, Secretary
University of Toronto Aeronautics Team: External Affairs Director
Canadian Citizen & US Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.