Dates: July 2013 - Present
Galileo Spacecraft Operations Engineer at LSE Space GmbH, c/o GCC-D, Oberpfaffenhofen, Münchener Straße 20, D-82234 Weßling, Germany
-Spacecraft Operations Engineer responsible for the Data Handling, Payload and TT&C Systems of the IOV and FOC Galileo satellites at GCC-D (Galileo Control Center - Deutschland).
-Team Leader of the DHS/PAY/TTC Engineering Team providing 24/7 support to the Galileo Constellation.
-Monitoring of S/C health and performance status.
-Preparation and execution of Routine, Special and Recovery Operations.
-Creation, validation and execution of Flight Procedures.
-Participation to Review Boards in coordination with Space Segment and ESA.
-Support for the training of the Operations Shift Team.
Dates: June 2012 - June 2013
Galileo Spacecraft Controller and Shift Leader at LSE Space GmbH, c/o GCC-D, Oberpfaffenhofen, Münchener Straße 20, D-82234 Weßling, Germany
-Galileo shift team member at GCC-D (Galileo Control Center - Deutschland) for the IOV phase.
-Executing Flight procedures during contacts with Galileo IOV satellites.
-Monitoring S/C performances and executing telecommands for routine and special operations.
-Logging and reporting of operations activities.
-Coordination via voice loop of operations with GCC-I (GCC - Italia) and other Control Centers (ECC, IOT, NOC, CNES).
-Ground Controller for the Galileo TT&C Stations (Kiruna, Kourou and Redu Stations) with execution of Ground procedures when covering the Shift Leader position.
Dates: October 2011 - March 2012
Internship at Thales Alenia Space Italia S.p.A., 24, Via Saccomuro, 00131 Rome, Italy
-Study of real-time steering algorithms for agile spacecraft's high torque actuators.
-Modelling of an Attitude Control System (AOCS) for an Earth observation mission using a
-Tracking manoeuvres analysis for agile spacecraft missions.
Education and training
Dates: September 2008 - March 2011
Master's Degree in Astronautical Engineering (Final grade 110/110 cum laude)
at the School of Aerospace Engineering, "La Sapienza" Rome University
- Astrodynamics, Satellite systems and subsystems
- Thesis in collaboration with Thales Alenia Space company: “Steering Algorithms for Control Moment Gyros in Box Configuration”
Dates: September 2005 - September 2008
Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace Engineering (Final grade 108/110)
at "La Sapienza" Rome University
- Flight mechanics, Aerospace structures, Aerospace propulsion
- Thesis title: “Solar Cells Fabrication Technologies and Aeronautical Applications”
- Project Management PM1 (Provided by Fistral Training and Consultancy Ltd.)
- Project Management PM2 (Provided by Fistral Training and Consultancy Ltd.)
- Leading Teams in challenging circumstances (Provided by Fistral Training and Consultancy Ltd.)
- Cultural diversity and conflict management (Provided by Integrata AG)
- Foundamentals of GNSS (Provided by GENIUS - GNSS Education Network for Industries and
Personal skills and competences
Mother tongue: Italian
Other languages: English, French, German, Spanish
Organisational and Social skills and competences
Competences acquired during my working experience in Galileo, Thales Alenia Space and my
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Team working skills and ability to adapt in multicultural environments.
- Problem solving and ability to work under pressure.
- Leadership experience for small/medium teams.
Computer skills and competences
- SCOS-2000 V 5.1: for the control of Spacecraft Constellations.
- MOIS: tool for creation and management of Operations Procedures.
- MUST: ESA tool for Telemetry management and Analysis.
- ARTS: Anomaly Report Tracking System, ESA tool for Anomaly reporting
- Matlab programming language and Simulink environment.
Basic level knowledge for the following programming languages and software:
-Programming languages: C/C++ and Fortran 90/95
-CAD software: CATIA V5 (Mechanical parts design for G.A.U.S.S. projects and ESA's REXUS-7
-Structural analysis software: Femap with Nastran NX
-Thermal analysis software: Maya TMG Thermal/Flow (Thermal analysis for ESA's REXUS-7 program)
-Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Other skills and competences:
- Certified scout leader (Wood Badge) with 15 years of experience (6 years as unit leader)
- BLS-D certification (Basic Life Support – Defibrillation) achieved in December 2011
- Musician (guitar, bass) and music composer member of S.I.A.E. (Italian editors and authors society)
- Amateur astronomer and practicing sports like swimming, basket, trekking and five-a-side football
Driving licence: Class B (European driving licence)
-Italian professional qualification as Industrial Engineer
-Participation to the ESA's REXUS-7 program (2009-2010) with the School of Aerospace Engineering team of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”
Meschini M., Curti F., and Anania M., “Steering Algorithms for Single Gimbal Control Moment Gyros in
Box Configuration”, Proceedings of the 3rd CEAS Air&Space conference, 24-28 October 2011,
I hereby authorize the use of my personal details in relation to the Italian Legislative Decree n° 196/2003
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.