SATELLITE OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
SYSTEMS ENGINEER | SR. SPACECRAFT CONTROLLER | SPACE VEHICLE OPERATOR | MISSION CONTROLLER
Multifaceted, accomplished, and technically savvy satellite operations professional with a distinguished track record of experience in leading technology, resource, communications, satellite, and security management functions within military and civilian environments.
* Certified military instructor and experienced training coach with expertise in ground and spacecraft systems.
* Certified Green Belt in Six Sigma Quality.
* International Management Qualification (IMQ) certificate in Management through the Institute Of Leadership & Management. Hand selected to participate in this course and one of only four to receive the certificate (out of ten participants).
* Recognized for strong operational leadership and insight with a proven track record of defining best practices and implementing standardized operational policies and procedures.
* Hands-on experience in supporting project development and support initiatives with the ability to diagnose and provide immediate, cost effective recommendations to challenging technical matters.
* Resourceful team leader with the skill to leverage exceptional cross-functional behavior competencies with the capacity to multitask in a fast-paced environment, manage competing priorities with ease while achieving organizational and customer objectives.
* Exceptional communication skills with the ability to work with diverse groups while inspiring confidence at all levels.
SES ENGINEERING (SES-World Skies), Sussex, NJ * 2000-Present
SES is a world-leading telecommunications satellite operator, with a global fleet of more than 40 geostationary satellites that can reach 99% of the world's population.
Senior Spacecraft Controller
Provide operational leadership and direction of satellite operations, leverage 11 years of commercial geosynchronous satellite operations experience to oversee and lead the implementation, execution, and verification of operational procedures supporting spacecraft operations. Conduct independent performance monitoring and station keeping maneuvers of 21 satellites.
* Certified on Satcom 3000, A2100, SpaceBus 2000, 3000, 4000, and StarBus series satellites.
* Experienced in C-Band, and K-Band transponder communications.
* Performed In-Orbit-Testing (IOT) for newly launched spacecraft to ensure spacecraft operational readiness.
* Training coach for newly assigned personnel, delivering training on spacecraft operations through the use of simulation and on-the-job structured training.
* Primary point of contact and designated spokesperson for ten spacecraft controllers.
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE * 1984-2000
Crew Chief, Satellite Systems Operations (Colorado Springs, CO * 1998-2000)
* Planned, directed, and oversaw operations support for a constellation of military satellites with managerial and leadership responsibility of a crew of 18 enlisted members in performing the daily satellite command and control operations. Maintained and restored mission-critical equipment readiness through the efficient management and monitoring of ground resources and emergency response actions.
* Commanded satellites into proper orbit and configuration, including the planning, launch, and early orbit operations from on-the-pad checks to on-orbit operations.
* Optimized satellite payload and equipment performance, maintaining highly qualified ratings on satellite and ground system operations.
* Line crew instructor on Defense Support Program, Midcourse Space Experiment, Technology for Autonomous Operational Survivability, and Advanced Composition Explorer satellite systems.
* Performed telemetry, tracking and control (TT&C).
* Troubleshot critical launch phase anomalies.
* Configured wideband, narrowband, T1, WAN communications links.
NCO In Charge, Wing Initial Communications Package (Little Rock, AR * 1996-1998)
Led and managed all facets of secure and unsecure voice, data, and facsimile communications, with direct responsibility for the installation and operation of high frequency and very high frequency land mobile radios, SATCOM, and INMARSAT assets.
* Communications Security Responsible Officer responsible for the consistent support of combat aerial delivery mission and for maintaining all classified material, publications, and equipment.
* Certified instructor on high frequency, ultra high frequency, and satellite communications systems.
Radio Communications Systems Supervisor (Tinker AFB, OK * 1992-1996)
Direct oversight and responsibility for the provision of secure command and control voice operations to deployed commanders with full responsibility for the supervision of equipment and vehicle fleet operations and combat crew duties and tactical operations of a team of 23 enlisted troops.
* Maintained communications security program and equipment, including the positioning, installation and operation of high frequency radio equipment.
* Certified instructor on the AN/URC-119 HF radio transceiver and encryption devices.
Air Force Satellite Communications Supervisor (RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom * 1984-1992)
* Supervised, operated, and instructed HF point-to-point and air-ground-air communications, directing operations and the processing of emergency action messages with leadership responsibility for the training, progress, and development of 12 enlisted personnel.
* Operated VHF, UHF, and Air Force Satellite Communications terminals with direct responsibility for the control of $2.7 million in communications equipment to ensure commanders maintain worldwide wideband and narrowband communications capabilities.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
E-LEARNING COURSE WORK, SES Engineering, Princeton, NJ
Visual Basic For Applications * Building Effective Intercultural Relationships
Get Your Career On The Fast Track * Teamwork & Results Without Authority * Leading Successful Teams
Basic Radio Frequency Radiation (RFR) Safety Course * Operations Security Fundamentals
A2100 Station Keeping Maneuver Certification Course
Institute of Leadership & Management
International Managment Qualification (IMQ) - Introductory Certificate in Management
AIAA Professional Development
Satellite Payload Communications Course
GE Six Sigma Certification
Six Sigma Quality/Green Belt
United States Air Force - Technical Training
Enlisted Space Operations Training * Defense Support Program Initial Qualification
Ground Radio Operations Technical School
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.