Timely Systems, Test and Project Engineering
Engineer with extensive experience in aerospace, automotive and electronic systems production and testing. Expertise lies in test planning, test coordination with international stakeholders, test execution and test reporting. Proven ability to analyze and streamline process to enable testing and data examination meeting product delivery schedule.
SUMMARY OF KEY STRENGTHS
- Testing and Validation
- Problem Resolution
- International Team Coordination
- Budget Analysis
- Written/Verbal Communication
- Supplier Management
- Facility Direction
- Work Flow Design
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS
The Boeing Company, Huntsville, AL
Test Engineer, 1999 to 2011
- Developed the test design content for the SBInet Electronic Fence System from the test objectives memorandums by collaboratively defining test objectives and evaluation criteria, identified data collection opportunities, and designed test event architectures to achieve the defined test objectives and requirements.
- Generated and released the system of systems testing, evaluation and assessment documentation to including data collection, success criteria and analysis requirements, interface design and implementation specifications for SBInet Electronic Fence System.
- Coordination, definition and management of requirements, interfaces, verification and validation (V&V) on all aspects of the launch systems being developed.
- Work across multiple teams and international stakeholders to ensure requirements represent the desire outcome for all systems and subsystems.
- Integrated command and control hardware and software, computers and communications equipment, sensors and sensor suites for intelligence gathering and force protection, and other functionality that requires 'plug and play' with the internal network or provides situational awareness across external networks for the SBInet program.
- Subject Matter Expert on laptops and communications by understanding high technology readiness capable systems at the black box level and plugging them into the agent vehicle.
- Planned, coordinated, directed and performed engineering assignments involving specifications for, and design changes or alterations to mechanical and electronic systems, components, and test equipment for the SBInet system.
- Generated and maintained SBInet requirements in DOORS.
- Integrated team cost and schedule with the program cost and schedule.
- Prepared technical data, procedures, reports, drawings and other required publications for SBInet and Space Station.
- Conducted CMMI process for test and evaluation department, integrated CMMI process with company processes.
- Monitored subcontractor's performance and implement corrective actions. Updated change paperwork as required and attended meetings. Made test data available to customers as required.
- Reviewed status of projects and budgets. Prepared status reports for space hardware.
- Oversaw Environmental Testing of International Space Station Hardware. Test engineer in charge of On Orbit Constraints Testing at Huntsville, Houston and KSC. Environmental testing of ECLSS systems and sub-systems. Designed test fixtures using AutoCAD.
- Managed the technical design, analysis, manufacture and testing processes for mechanical and electrical interfaces used on ISS modules.
- Produced test plans, procedures, reviews, execution, reporting and managed schedules of Qualification and Acceptance of ISS hardware in simulated space environment. Coordinated and conducted meetings with international stakeholders that included NASA, JAXA and ESA customers.
- Traveled 20% of the time to company, vendor and customer sites.
Bell Helicopter by contract with Superior Technical, Fort Worth, TX
Aerospace Engineer, 1998 to 1999
- Developed maximum takeoff power deck for use in the flight control system.
- Determined the size of the fuel vent system based on rate of decline and pressure fueling.
- Analyzed icing wind tunnel data, digitized airfoil ice molds, compared to computer simulations of icing and applied data to size the de-icing system.
Ford Motor Company by contract to Manpower, Livonia, MI
Mechanical Engineer, 1995 to 1998
- Chaired scheduling and issue meetings, briefed production management and worked with engineering to close issues.
- Served as liaison between project management, planning, project team, line management and pilot production plant.
- Produced FMEA for new automatic transmission and ran NVH analysis for the Lincoln LS.
- Audited all engineering processes and documents to be compliant to ISO 9001.
Orbital Sciences Corporation, Chandler, AZ
Lead project engineer, 1988 to 1993
- Created and maintained a schedule for the design, manufacture, test and production of the Pegasus launch vehicle. Standardized parts list to reduce inventory and troubleshot supplier issues. Develop build paper and manufacturing process, responsible for hardware transportation and identified consumables and expendables.
- Supervised shop personal in weld operations, mechanical assembly, proof test, cleaning, priming, TPS application, final assembly, and test and checkout of the Pegasus rocket.
- Maintained cost accounting for Space Data Division components for the Pegasus launch system.
- Managed the development of the Pegasus shroud systems and responsible for the cost, schedule, technical and risks associated with the development of the structure, separation systems and payload accommodations of the payload shroud
- Evaluated, selected, applied and adapted engineering modifications and presented changes to board.
- Designed and recommended new or modified parts and components for rockets mechanical and electronic components.
- Developed the mass properties plan, implementated of a lean mass properties reporting process that reduce orbital stage weight by 50% and controlled the mass properties baseline for the Pegasus launch system.
- Developed payload interface system for Pegasus launch vehicles. Development electronics and structure associated with the payload interface to include cost, schedule, technical and risks associated with the development of the Pegasus instrument unit and provided input as to overall system design. Worked technical aspects of development to include design, analysis, manufacture and testing of the instrument unit.
- Worked across multiple teams and international stakeholders to ensure requirements represented the desire outcome for all systems and subsystems.
- Defined, decomposed, allocated and managed the system, subsystem, and component interface requirements for Pegasus hardware, and the Pegasus launch vehicle. Developed life-cycle requirements for the Pegasus launch system.
- Planned all integrated test events to including test plans and procedures for the Pegasus rocket, Western Test Range, flight instrumentation and flight termination. Designed, developed and/or procured of the launch support equipment to include all test operations consoles and checkout and flight simulation software/hardware.
- Ran simulated flights using Program to Optimize Simulated Trajectories (POST) and Satellite Tool Kit (STK), compared results to flight data.
- Designed test events for system-level ground and flight testing of the Pegasus launch system.
- Presented mission readiness review to customers (DARPA, Air Force, Navy, and NASA).
- Wrote qualification and acceptance test planning documents and reports. Designed & installed data acquisition systems for testing of structures. Conducted static and dynamic testing of composite structures.
- Tested liquid propulsion system for the Pegasus rocket.
Northrop Corporation, Hawthorne, CA
Aeronautical Engineer, 1980 to 1988
- Senior engineer in charge of vehicle configuration development, wind tunnel testing, and data analysis for fighters, missiles and stores separation.
- Conducted dynamics, guidance and controls, flight mechanics, aerodynamics and programming for the Tri-Service Standoff Attack Missile (TSSAM).
- Generated data set for simulation development, conducted kinematic analysis using Digital DATCOM generated weapon systems analysis, hardware-in-the-loop, open-air range applications, and developed flight test support for the TSSAM.
- Chief aerodynamicist on F-18L and TSSAM programs. Defined aero coefficients, load estimates, aero model updates for simulations, aero control surface design trades, captive carry aero and store separation analysis for fighter and missile projects. Designed new wing for the T-38. Conducted stores separation test in wind tunnel.
- Participated in the analysis of the systems as well as provided expertise to the design for the F-18L and TSSAM.
- Prepared technical data, procedures, reports, drawings and other required publications for aircraft and missiles. Analyzed short field takeoff and landing for jets.
Secret - Department of Defense
Final Suitability - Department of Homeland Security
NASA Public Trust - KSC Space Station Processing Facility
NASA Public Trust - MSFC
Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical Engineering Technology, Arizona State University, Cum Laude
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.