Dear Hiring Manager:
My 15 years of engineering experience in satellite operations includes a wide range of operations as well as direct responsibility for team education. My work with the U.S. Air Force has made me highly self-motivated and disciplined, and I’ve successfully trained and motivated others in both communications and daily operations:
- I’ve proven my ability to work effectively with leaders and work crews at all levels of experience.
- My solid record of achievement was gained both by coordinating staff and tackling a wide range of projects, not only with efficiency, but also with a sharp eye on detail and quality.
I can provide excellent references upon request. Please let me know as soon as possible when we may talk about my enclosed resume and our mutual interests. I look forward to your response.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
To obtain a challenging and progressive computer engineering position utilizing a combination of more than 15 years of operations, training, and engineering experience.
Bachelor of Science – Computer Engineering University of Rhode Island
Perl, Perl Tk, C shell, K shell, Visual Basic, VBA, C, C++, UNIX, IRIX
Sybase, Microsoft Office
Northrop Grumman, Buckley AFB
Ground System Engineer (GSE) Trainer 2005 – 2009
- Identified causes of Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) training application software (SW) problems and provided appropriate solutions to the trainers and/or evaluators.
- Provided the technical knowledge to the trainers and/or evaluators in operating the SBIRS training suite.
- Provided training to the Ground System Engineering (GSE) team in utilizing the SBIRS training suite.
- Coordinated the installation and training of new SW releases to the SBIRS training suite.
- Authored, executed and verified regression and system level testing of new SW and/or HW releases to the SBIRS systems.
- Conducted formal troubleshooting efforts and informed development of any valid defects.
- Documented all troubleshooting efforts and Discrepancy Reports on all defects found.
Northrop Grumman, Buckley AFB
Ground System Engineer (GSE) 2000 - 2009
- Identified causes of operating system (OS)/application SW problems and determined appropriate solutions in support of Air Force Satellite Operations Center’s daily operations.
- Provided maintenance and support for on-going systems, which includes, but not limited to, the monitoring of multiple systems performance and data backups.
- Conducted and led team-based troubleshooting efforts in support of real-time satellite operations.
USAF, 8th Space Warning Squadron, Buckley AFB
Ground System Operator (GSO) 2000 – 2004
- Assigned lead responsibilities for establishing commanding paths for the Defense Support Program (DSP) satellites through both dedicated and Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) resources.
- Assigned lead responsibilities for fault detection and fault isolation at four separate ground stations.
- Assigned lead responsibilities for system configuration changes; to include preventative maintenance, system tests, and any others as assigned.
USAF, 2nd Space Warning Squadron, Buckley AFB
Ground System Operator (GSO) Instructor 1998 – 2000
- Author of 45 lesson plans supporting SBIRS ground network configuration and status operations.
- Appointed as the USAF-designated lead of operating the SBIRS high fidelity training simulator.
- Primary customer point of contact with civilian contractor personnel for research of technical data to ensure accuracy of training materials for SBIRS ground control.
USAF, 3rd Space Communication Squadron, Germany
Data Systems Supervisor (DSS) 1996 – 1998
- nalyzed real-time spacecraft payload mission data to discriminate between system background noise and missile and space launches, as well as other data of possible importance to the intelligence community. Advised Crew Commander of all findings in the real-time operations setting.
Project: Developed and designed a program allowing the customer to conduct on-line system testing.
Language: Perl, Perl Tk, Sybase, Microsoft Access
Project: Developed and designed a database to allow the customer accurate documentation of all required training and evaluation paperwork for personnel.
Language: Microsoft Access, VB, VBA
Project: Developed and designed a database to allow the SBIRS security representatives to track all aspects of security information for the SBIRS Mission Control Station (MCS) and the Interim-Backup Mission Control Station (IMCSB)
Language: Microsoft Access, VB, VBA, Microsoft Windows
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.