Nationality: Armenian (German work permit holder)
Martial status: Married, 1 child
1993 Ph.D. in Astrophysics, Byurakan Astrophysical Observatory, National Academy of Sciences in Armenia.
1983 M.Sci in Physics, Yerevan State University, Departament of Physics, Yerevan, Armenia.
* Ability to define and lead a scientific research project.
* Preparation of applications for international scientific grants in UK, Germany, and Russia.
* Broad experience to participate in international scientific projects.
* Deep knowledge of theory of probability, statistical description and modeling of data.
* +60 publications in scientific journals and conference proceedings.
* Organization of scientific workshops.
* Great experience to lecture and perform visual presentations in front of large scientific or student auditorium.
* Supervision of Diploma and PhD students.
* Scientific writing in three languages: English, Armenian, and Russian.
* Extensive skills in design and development of software packages in Fortran 77, C/C++, and Java.
* Experience in modeling and data analysis using analytical and numerical methods, Monte-Carlo simulations. Solution of differential equations by means of Monte-Carlo simulations.
* Extensive use of statistical tools in data analysis.
* Working knowledge with Numerical Recipes, Mathematica and Statistica packages.
* Working knowledge with MySQL database and astronomical databases.
* Working knowledge of data and image analysing packages: AIPS and MeqTrees.
* Document preparation in LATEX, HTML, and Microsoft office.
* Internet development, Java, HTML.
Fluent in English, Armenian (native) and Russian, basic knowledge of German.
FELLOWSHIPS & AWARDS
2008 DFG-SPP Fellowship, MPI for Radioastronomie, Bonn, Germany
2002 Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship, MPI for Radioastronomie, Bonn,
1997-1999 Royal Society Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Cambridge, UK
1993-1995 ESOP C&CE program grant
1995 Euro-Asian Astronomical Society´s annual prize for young astronomers
1994 Society of Armenian Physicists´ annual prize
MEMBERSHIP OF SOCIEETIES
Euro-Asian Astronomical Society (EAAS, from 1996)
International Astronomical Union (IAU, from 1994)
European Astronomical Society (EAS, from 1993)
2005-present Research Fellow at the MPI fuer Radioastronomie, Bonn, Germany:
· Development and modeling of a novel evolutionary dynamo model of disk galaxies. (in Fortran/C).
· Development of Fortran codes to simulate the polarized sky at 1.4 GHz.
· Software development and computer modeling of the evolution of radio galaxies (Fortran, C).
· Series of lectures for IMPRS students and young astronomers in number of Summer schools.
· Project leader (Germany-Mexico) to investigate the link between jets, black holes and optical properties of host galaxies. Supervision of two PhD students.
· Participation in international projects which include US, Netherlands, Russia, Mexico, and Germany and numerous collaboration visit.
· Principal investigator of three proposals approved for observations with radio telescopes.
· Organization of workshops.
· Design and development of the Internet site of workshops on HTML.
· Member of committees for developing and planning the key science projects for future radio facilities.
· Participation in international conferences and workshops, oral presentations.
· Published more than 10 papers in refereed journals and 15 papers in the conference proceedings.
Key skills developed: Coordination/management of international projects;
Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively; Strong organizational
skills; Effective visual and oral presentations; Delivery of products under
2002-2004 Alexander von Humboldt Fellow at the MPI fuer Radioastronomie:
· Modeling the jet kinematics. Software development in Fortran.
· Development of the novel software for analysing the cross-correlation function between uneven sparsely sampled data (C/Fortran) .
· Oral presentations in number of conferences.
Key skills developed: Leading own projects; Fostering external
collaborations; Presenting material.
2000-2002 Software Developer at the financial computing company, Parelian ltd:
· Design and development of a software package of the agent for performing statistical and econometric analysis of financial data (Java).
· Software development for evaluating derivatives using the closed form solutions and Monte-Carlo simulations (C and Java).
Key skills developed: Experience in the product development process
(requirements, development, testing, debugging, documenting); Team
working skills; Working under pressure; Delivering quality products to
clients within the deadlines; New computing skills (Java, MySQL).
1999-2000 Research Associate at the University of Cambridge, UK:
· Development of a new relativistic model for classical double radio galaxies.
· Development of Fortran codes for different routines using the NAG library.
· Implementation of the Maximum Entropy inversion method.
1997-1998 Royal Society/NATO Postdoctoral Fellow at the University of
· Development and numerical simualtion of an asymmetric relativistic model for double radio galaxies in Fortran.
· Use of the MEM package to perform a reconstruction of images.
Key skills developed: Independent research; Collaborating in internal
projects and international collaborations; Adapting to new international
environments; Effective communication during international conferences
1994-1997 Research Associate at the Byurakan Astrophysical Observatory (BAO),
· Application of the numerical and analytical methods in data analysis (Fortran, C).
· Development of the programming software for studying the evolution of pulsars (C/C++).
· Teaching experience in statistical methods, evolution of radio pulsars. Supervision of students.
1984-1993 Junior Research Associate at the BAO, Armenia:
· Development and application of inverse problems approach to astronomical tasks.
· Development and simulation of dynamics of relativisticaly expanded shells of Supernova Remnants (Fortran, Pascal).
· Developed a unique algorithm to estimate the preferential direction of sources distributed on a sphere (Fortran).
· Defended PhD, published four papers.
Key skills developed: Learning computing languages; Strong experience
in application of numerical and statistical methods; Lecturing experience.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.