• More than 3 years experience in embedded system design and development
• A PhD in Electronics Engineering from Surrey Space Centre, University of Surrey
• Ability to prioritise and to multi-task complex workloads
2006-2011 PhD Researcher, Surrey Space Centre, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK
This project aimed to design a low-cost re-usable solution for inter-satellite link. The research work addressed the application of wireless terrestrial network standards to Distributed satellite systems in Low Earth Orbit.
The achievements include:
• The development and design of an FPGA-based System-on-Chip (SoC) for inter-satellite communications systems, utilising low power techniques for High-speed communication
• The implementation of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) on FPGAs
• The implementation of a wireless transceiver in C++
• Firmware development for embedded systems in C/C++.
During my PhD studies I worked as a lab demonstrator of the following modules:
• Digital Design with VHDL
• Linear Systems and Feedback Design in PSPICE
• Second Year Audio and Media Engineering Experiments (various labs)
• Digital Design in Cadence.
2002-2004 Photo Assistant, Tesco Plc, Colchester
Developed pictures and assisted in customer services
2000-2002 Network Technician, PDCL, London
This job required troubleshooting of networking hardware and general IT support. Main duties include assembling and cabling Cisco Internetworking equipments, installation and configuration of Windows Workstation and Server.
1999-2000 Claims Officer, CS Healthcare, Kingston Upon Thames
• FPGA: Xilinx Virtex-4, Virtex-5 and Spartan III
• Microcontroller: 32-bit LEON-2 and LEON-3, 8-bit PIC 16
• High Level languages: C, C++, Handel-C, Pascal, Matlab M-file, Tcl scripting
• Assembly : PIC
• Digital Design: VHDL, Schematic. Xilinx system Generator, Xilinx AccelDSP, Synplify Pro, ActiveHDL
• Schematic Capture, Simulation and PCB design: Protel, PSPICE
• Computational and systems modelling: Matlab and Simulink
• Coordination of two work packages (Electromagnetic Interference and Radio
Frequency Shielding) for the 'ESA Wireless Sensor Motes Study' within a
Surrey Space Centre /Surrey Satellite Technology Limited collaboration. The
results are published in a conference paper.
• Ensured that cost associated with my conference attendances stay within the allocated budget
• Authored 3 conference papers and co-authored a further 2
• Presented research work in 3 conferences
• French - Mother tongue
• English - Fluent
• Spanish - Conversational
• Italian - Basic
2006-2011 PhD – University of Surrey
Title Communications Platform for Inter-Satellite Links in Distributed Satellite Systems
2002-2006 BEng Telecommunications engineering – University of Essex (2.1)
1992-1995 Baccalaureat Scientifique – Lycee Polyvalent Pointe des Negres, France (12/20)
PERSONAL INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
Football: regularly play with university team to maintain my self-competitiveness;
Movie & Picture editing / Painting: for my personal development & imagination.
Available on request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.