Date of birth
4 months stage in CGS S.p.A. Company during the Master Thesis work, at the Satellite Department, AOCS group.
Education and training
• From October 2010 to May 2011
Master Thesis work in collaboration with CGS S.p.A., Satellite Department. The work deals with the problem of an attitude maneuver control system for a spacecraft with two flexible appendages using thrusters and reaction wheels. A paper has been accepted for ESA-GNC 2011 Symposium (see Publications).
• From October 2008 to May 2011
Master Degree cum laude in Astronautical Engineering, School of Aerospace Engineering, University of Rome La Sapienza, thesis “Large attitude manauevrs of a spacecraft with flexible appendages”, tutor Prof. F. Curti, Ing. M. Battilana.
• From May 2009 to February 2010
Collaboration with the School of Aerospace Engineering laboratories for the realization of the University satellites EduSat, Cubesat and PocketQub: solar cells characterization and solar arrays manufacturing.
• From February 2009 to June 2010
Participation in the European Space Agency REXUS program: test in micro-gravity conditions of a deployable boom for gravity gradient attitude stabilization of University satellites. Experiment was successful, and post-flight data analysis is ongoing. Two papers have been presented at IAC 2010 on this topic. The experience included:
- PDR and Training Week at DLR Oberpfaffenhofen;
- CDR at DLR Oberpfaffenhofen;
- Vibration test at ESA-ESTEC, Nordwijk;
- Launch Campaign at Esrange Space Center, Kiruna.
- REXUS Result Symposium, DLR Bremen.
• From February to October 2008
Realization of a hexapod rover leg (mechanical and electronic aspects) as Bachelor Degree stage in the University of Bologna, and study of the motion system and parameters trade-off as Bachelor thesis work. A paper regarding this work has been published.
• From October 2005 to October 2008
Bachelor Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Alma Mater Studiorum University of Bologna, 2nd Faculty of Engineering Seat of Forlì, thesis “Motion system for a hexapod rover”, tutor Prof. Piergentili Fabrizio, grade 109/110.
• From September 2000 to July 2005
Alessandro Volta Scientific High School, Riccione (RN). Scientific Diploma with 100/100. Major subjects: mathematics, physics, Earth science, Italian, English, philosophy, Latin.
• Reading skills
• Writing skills
• Verbal skills
Social skills and competences
Closeness to people since I was child due to team sports and summer works in the touristic field permitted me to develop a good attitude in public relations and communication. Laboratory activity and the experience in CGS S.p.A. taughtme how to work in a technical team, respecting the hierarchies. Moreover the REXUS program represented for me an opportunity to work in a multicultural environment and to improve my communication skills thanks to the presentations and the discussions held during the project milestones.
Organizational skills and competences
The experience in CGS S.p.A. improved my attitude in team-working, as well as my ability to work without a direct supervision.
Technical skills and competences
Software: Matlab: excellent; Simulink: good; Catia: basic; Office: Word, Excel, Power Point, Front Page: excellent; Labview: basic.
Competence in building solar arrays for University microsatellites.
Laboratory mechanical and electronic activity competence.
Experience of a vibration test at ESA-ESTEC facilities for the REXUS program.
Artistic skills and competences
Good writing skills, developed during my early studies. Miniatures painting.
Other skills and competences
Good team working ability, together with excellent autonomy and independence.
Italian driving license B (cars).
- Paolini E., Battilana M., Curti F.,“Fast Accurate Maneuvers and Accurate Pointing for an Ultra-Agile Spacecraft with Flexible Appendages Actuated by Thrusters and Reaction Wheels”, ESA GNC 2011 Symposium (to be held).
- Battagliere M.L., Candini G.P., Piattoni J., Paolini E., Piergentili F., “Testing an Innovative Boom for Microsatellite Attitude Stabilization: an Educational Experiment on Sounding Rocket REXUS 7”, IAC 2010 Symposium, IAC-10-E1.2.4.
- Battagliere M.L., Candini G.P., Piattoni J., Paolini E., Piergentili F., “Post-Flight Data Analysis of the BUGS Experiment on Sounding Rocket REXUS 7”, IAC 2010 Symposium, IAC-10-A2.3.7.
- Candini G.P., Paolini E., Piergentili F., “Design and manufacture of a low cost educational hexapod rover”, Acta Astronautica 65 (2009), 525-536.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.