COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS PROJECT CONSULTANT
Twenty plus years of experience and expertise as Project Manager and Senior System Engineer through the entire project life cycle for large scale and technically complex communication networks. Develop and implement effective technical and commercial solutions to satisfy customer and stakeholder goals and objectives. Balance requirements, costs, and schedules; prioritize efforts, analyze/manage risks, and resolve issues and conflicts. Skilled in communications system design, test and operation with a strong working knowledge of access technologies, link budgets, VoIP, traffic analysis, operational procedures, and interference mitigation.
Establish rapport with international clients and stakeholders and lead multi-cultural, multi-discipline teams to execute contracts and implement international and domestic, cross functional projects. Provide oversight for internal and external resource coordination; manage and track budgets, ensure P&L of projects, and serve as onsite point of contact for customer.
Knowledgeable in PMP and Agile/Scrum project methodologies. Expert level proficiency with VoIP, compression techniques, analog and digital voice, video and data bandwidth dimensioning. Provision interconnect media such as fiber, copper microwave, or satellite - based on actual or projected requirements. Expert level proficiency with software productivity tools including MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, C/C++, Visual Basic; expert level proficiency in router configuration including aspects such as VoIP/VoFR, QOS, SIP, H323, dynamic routing, policy based routing (PBR); as well as experience in database application development using SQL with various data acquisition methods.
PT ALPHA CONSULTING – ASIA PACIFIC, Jakarta, Indonesia 2002 – Present
Owner/ Program Manager/ System Engineer
Direct business operations, including project development, system design, sales, finance, training and O&M support. Collaborate with C-Level, upper management and stakeholders on the establishment of architecture and strategic direction of highly-complex projects.
· Conceived, planned, organized, and executed key projects to improve products, facilities, systems, and/or operations by assessing and prioritizing opportunities.
· Evaluated risks and their associated cost and schedule impacts.
· Defined objectives and requirements, developed financial justification, provided engineering solutions, organized resources, and managed implementation plans.
· Developed and presented technical briefings and reports to senior executives.
- Ministry of Home Affairs, South Korea – Systems Engineering and Program Management of several large projects for the implementation and optimization of ministry infrastructure. Directly responsible for the implementation which included end-to-end integration, configuration and test of RF/Antenna and baseband equipment for fly-away systems, mobile terminals and fixed stations to provide high availability VoIP/VoFR Trunking, video, and Internet/Intranet connectivity.
- Ang Pangulo, Philippines: System design, integration and test for a shipboard and land based communications project for the Philippines President. Project required integration of a stabilized antenna platform, VSAT, and LEC Class switches utilizing E1 digital connection. Also directed the system specification, design review, integration, implementation, training and test as well as sub-contractor supervision for antenna installation.
- Department of Agriculture, Philippines: System design, integration, and test/commissioning of a turnkey communications network. Implementation included VSAT, uplink facilities, Cisco routers, switches, hardware firewall, caching servers and network interconnection to ISPs for Internet and video conferencing. Also contracted for initial operations, training, and O&M system support.
NSI COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, San Diego, California 1992 – 2002
(formerly ComStream & Spar Communications Group)
Program Manager / Systems Engineering
Provided full-scale program management and systems engineering in the South America and Asia regions.
· Led project teams through all phases of standard project lifecycle – feasibility, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing – in alignment with PMI standard methodology.
· Defined project requirements with key stakeholders and developed project charter and scope document; obtained sponsors and approval through formal and informal tollgates.
· Technical proposal preparation including system design, link budgets, third party product qualification, test plan preparation, implementation schedules
· Wrote and executed informal/formal test plans based on analysis of system requirements demonstrating conformity of equipment to specification.
- Americatel/Grupo Santo Domingo, Colombia: Managed project and performed the duties of In-country Project Engineer. Responsible for project aspects including: sub-contractors, VSAT, microwave, civil facilities (buildings & infrastructure), LEC Class switches, complex multiplexer sub-system, video conference, protocol conversion, and T1/E1 support.
- Directo al Hogar (Direct to Home),Argentina: Project included the analysis of production capacity with various set-top box receiver manufacturers and uplink quality verification by ESPN, SHOWTIME and HBO service providers. The coordination of installation teams for the uplink facility itself and co-located receivers as well as directed the efforts by Directo al Hogar installation teams for customer receiver installations.
GTE SPACENET, Mountain View, California 1989 - 1992
Implemented and commissioned large VSAT hubs and networks throughout North America, South America, and Asia; coordinated internal and contracted resources.
· System design, integration and field implementation for large satellite based networks (+1000 sites)
· Oversaw schedule and initiated management alerts and corrective actions for schedule delays.
· Managed budget and variances; evaluated nature of variances and notified customer and internal management regarding cost overruns.
· Conducted seminars and training programs on VSAT systems and services for internal and external personnel.
Languages: Visual Basic, C/C++, Perl, SQL, Shell, Linux, BSD, Solaris
Networking: Cisco IOS, LAN, WAN, MAN, ATM, Frame Relay, X.25, TCP/IP, SIP, H.323, OSPF, EIGRP, Policy Based Routing, Layer 2/Layer 3 routing, VLAN, VPN, VoIP, QOS, SNMP, WiMAX
Software: MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Access), MS Project, Primavera, MS Visio, VMware, IXChariot, Iperf, WireShark
Test Equipment: Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers, BERT Set, RF Power Meters, Satellite Simulator, Noise Figure Meter, O-scopes
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Certificate in Microwave Communications Technology, Microwave Technical Institute, Palo Alto, CA
BS in progress, Management, anticipated date of completion - 2013
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.