Master Of Science (Second Level) in “Advanced Communication and Navigation Satellite Systems” , University of “Tor Vergata”, Rome
Final mark: 110 cum laude / 110
Date: 31/01/2011 - 20/02/2012
1. Fundamentals of Space Systems (system engineering, mechanical, thermal, electrical power, attitude control and propulsion sub-systems, launchers and orbits)
2. Electronics for Space Systems (Payload, LNA, amplifiers, mixer, tests, RAMS, problems for electronic devices in space environment, redundancy)
3. Principles of Satellite Communications (modulation, source coding, channel coding, multiple access, DVB-S, networking, link-budget, constellations)
4. Advanced Satellite Communications (Satellite Antennas, Free-space optical links, Inter-satellite links, Satellite network security, Interplanetary networks, Delay Tolerant Network protocol)
5. Principles of Navigation (Satellite and terrestrial navigation systems, GPS system, GPS receiver, Acquisition loop, Tracking loop, DOP, sources of errors, UERE budget, least-squares, calculation of user position, Integrity)
6. Advanced Navigation Systems (Kalman filter, Extended Kalman filter, Unscented Kalman filter, Differential GPS, Augmentation systems, introduction to EGNOS and Galileo, pseudolites, Multipath, Interference)
7. Digital Signal Processing (Matlab review, digital signals, Z-Transform, DFT, FFT, FIR and IIR filters, DSP)
8. National Instruments LabView course
9. Project Management (Project Management concepts, economics, Cost-Time-Performance, WBS, EVA, Risk-Management, Integration Management, Quality, Procurement)
• Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering (Second Level Degree) University of “Roma Tre”
Specific field of the degree course: Applied Electromagnetics
Final degree mark: 110 cum laude / 110
Graduation date: 27/05/2009 Age at graduation: 25
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronic Engineering (First Level Degree) University of “Roma Tre”, Rome
Final degree mark: 110 cum laude / 110
Graduation date: 26/02/2007 Age at graduation: 23
• Secondary school diploma (Scientific Certificate) “Aristotele” High School focusing on sciences
Mark: 100 / 100
• Master of Science Degree Thesis: “Development of an Unscented Kalman Filter and a Differential Correction Method for the Sogei GNSS Software Receiver” developed in SOGEI S.p.A. company.
Supervisor: Roberto Capua (Sogei)
1. Development of algorithms and software modules in Matlab and C++ for Differential Corrections in Post-Processing (from RINEX files) and Real-Time (from RTCM messages) for the Positioning of the Sogei GNSS SDR Receiver
2. Development of algorithms and software modules in C++ for implementing an Unscented Kalman Filter in the PVT of the Sogei GNSS SDR Receiver; optimization,
• Second Level Degree Thesis: “Study of innovative antennas for satellite navigation applications” developed in THALES ALENIA SPACE company.
Supervisors: Filiberto Bilotti (Roma Tre University), Claudio Vegni (Thales Alenia Space)
Main topics discussed in the thesis:
satellite problems, metamaterials, patch antennas, antenna miniaturization, metamaterial antenna design and sensitivity analysis, satellite navigation applications (Search And Rescue, InterSatellite Links, Conformal antennas, etc..), link-budget and UERE budget
• First Level Degree Thesis: “Very thin patch antenna design with integrated components for UMTS applications”
Supervisor: Filiberto Bilotti (Roma Tre University)
• State examination for engineers successfully passed
• Admitted to the Register of the Engineers Since: 28/04/2010
• 7-month internship in THALES ALENIA SPACE company, where I developed my thesis work (November 2008 – May 2009)
• Technical office Engineer in JET AVIONICS company (Avionics) (25/11/2009 – 13/08/2010)
• 6-month internship in SOGEI company (September 2011-February 2012)
• English Certificate: FCE Certificate issued by Cambridge ESOL (Exam session: March 2011)
Software: Visual Studio, CST Microwave Studio, Matlab, Simulink, N.I. LabView, Mathematica, Freescale CodeWarrior, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc..);
Programming languages: C, C++, Java, LabView, Matlab, basics of VHDL
Certificate: CLAD (Certified Labview Associated Developer) for Labview programming issued by National Instruments on September 30th, 2011
Operating system: Windows, Mac OS X, iOS
Internet, E-mail, TCP/IP and general computer skills
Antennas, RF and Microwave:
Advanced skills in Applied Electromagnetics and Space/Defense Systems, standard and innovative antennas design, system design, link-budget, metamaterials and their applications for the industry, electromagnetic fields, microwaves and RF components, Radar.
GNSS and Radio-Navigation
Radio-navigation concepts, deep knowledge of GPS system, basics of Galileo and Augmentation systems (EGNOS), GNSS software receiver, Differential GNSS and Correction Methods, tracking, acquisition, state-estimation theory, Positioning algorithms, Least-squares, Kalman filter, Extended Kalman filter and Unscented Kalman filter, SDR concepts, basics of FPGA and DSP.
Space systems and Space applications (Nav, Com and E.O.)
Satellite System and Sub-Systems (Basic knowledge of Payload, Electrical, Structure, Thermal, Propulsion, Attitude Control subsystems), problems due to the space environment, general skills related to the space systems applications (Com-Nav-E.O.) and the other subjects learnt during the Master lectures
General Electronic/TLC Engineering skills
The general skills developed during my university studies: electronics, telecommunications, physics, mathematics, etc...
Great interest for satellites, space, defense systems, radar, antennas, microwaves, GNSS and navigation, electronics, telecommunications, new technologies and innovations, and all the similar fields of applications
Propensity for teamwork, tenacity, creativity and motivation
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.