Diverse management, leadership and engineering skills--20+ years of management and engineering experience in the NASA Space Shuttle program. Manage 70 employees while maintaining annual budget exceeding $10M. Repeated role as acting Director of 300+ employees. Strong performance record--consistently receiving evaluations in the top 20% of the organization; promoted to progressively increasing levels of responsibility. Solid record of efficiency by assessing and resolving product and process issues--reduced department non-conformance rates more than 50%; successfully implemented process improvement initiatives, cutting costs by 33%. Capable of working independently, as a team member or leading a team to solve problems and achieve results.Proven record of technical leadership, sound judgment, flexibility, innovation, team building skills, self-starter, adaptable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.Ability to transition between tasks and roles while communicating with program leaders, engineers, and operations management. PMI member. Training to become PMP.
Team Management Lean Six Sigma Microsoft Office
Active SECRET Clearance Complex Problem Solving Orbital Mechanics
Technical Integration Project Management Quality Assurance
UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE - Houston, TX 2001-Present
Manager 2nd Level
· Lead 70 diverse, multifaceted people (including four 1st level managers) performing Space Shuttle navigation and flight design integration; achieving 100% critical product quality and timeliness
· Manage goals, $10M annual budgets, and projects; interface with customers, make task assignments, ensure ISO requirements and export control compliance, and integrate technical activities; consistently achieving 100% of goals, finishing under budget, and receiving excellent customer evaluations
· Apply sound judgment to resolve issues, measure/appraise performance, provide accurate feedback, and recommend/approve salary actions/career development
· Conduct non-conformance root cause analysis and implement actions to minimize errors; decreased department design product non-conformances more than 50%
· Direct mission flight control operations, analysis, product generation, integrated mission planning, software development/testing, independent verification/validation, configuration management, training development and certification, database administration and information technology
· Execute complex activities involving developmental and operational space program processes
· Implement streamlined product/process improvements; reduced Shuttle orbit navigation flight and simulation console operations hours by 33%; participate in Lean Six Sigma projects
· Negotiate efforts to justify additional budget; obtained a 40 head budget increase for a Shuttle flight design division and 5 head increase for a software development group
· Recurring role as acting Director of more than 300 people performing Shuttle and International Space Station flight design and dynamics activities
· Chair Shuttle Program-level forum that establishes mission requirements and profiles
· Chair Shuttle flight design flow process panel forum that approves design procedure changes
· Coordinated the Statement Of Work and Basis Of Estimate for a major technical section of a contract proposal effort; received performance award when proposal was accepted
· Managed Shuttle Control Center flight dynamics and guidance officers, along with their software team that maintained 1.5 million software lines of code; error rate below 0.1 per 1000 lines; CMMI level 3
ROCKWELL SPACE OPERATIONS/UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE - Houston, TX 1991-2001
Manager 1st Level
· Managed 25 people performing Shuttle flight design integration
· Performed Shuttle flight control operations; responsible for approving and monitoring analysis requests and anomaly reports in the mission evaluation room
· Supervised 25 people performing Shuttle and Station orbit flight design activities involving on-orbit proximity operations, rendezvous, orbit trajectory and launch window planning and operations; received a supervisor performance award
· Led the identification, tracking, and resolution of non-conformances through a quality assurance process; documented problems, took prompt corrective action, determined root causes, implemented preventative actions, and shared lessons learned; reduced non-conformances by more than 50%
ROCKWELL SPACE OPERATIONS - Houston, TX 1988-1991
· Steered teams/projects within the Shuttle on-orbit proximity operations group; ensuring design consistency and product quality assurance, developing training lessons, and certifying trainees; achieved 100% critical product quality and timeliness; received sustained superior performance award
ROCKWELL SPACE OPERATIONS/McDONNELL DOUGLAS - Houston, TX 1984-1988
· Performed Shuttle on-orbit proximity operations flight control, design, and analysis; implementing spacecraft customer requirements within Shuttle constraints, and generating related products; received award for the development of safe procedures used for a new Shuttle payload deployment system
· Solved engineering problems; transitioning between independent working and as team member
· Oversaw performance of software tools used to perform Shuttle on-orbit proximity operations and rendezvous flight design; approved and prioritized change requests, defined requirements, tested, and ensured proper software standards and configuration management were used
BS, Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering, University of Illinois - Dean’s List
Continuing Education:Lean Six Sigma; Boeing Leadership Center "Leading From the Middle"; Leading Change; USA Leadership Development Institute Series; Leadership; Supervisory Training; Applied Systems Engineering; Project Management; Integrated Project Management; Team Building; Beyond Earned Value Management; Managing Project Managers; Why Finance Matters! TM; Effective Presentations; Continuous Improvement; Total Quality Management; Managing Diversity; Safety Leadership; 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
· Sustained Superior Performance, Rockwell International
· Supervisor of the Quarter, Flight Design and Dynamics Department
· NASA Group Achievement Award, Stabilized Payload Deployment System Team
· NASA Public Service Group Achievement Award, STS-26 Mission Accomplishments
· Mission Operations Directorate Achievement Award, DoD Mission Accomplishments
· 6555th Aerospace Test Group Achievement Award, DoD Space Program Accomplishments
· Johnson Space Center Group Achievement Award, STS-39 Mission Accomplishments
· NASA Group Achievement Award, STS-49 Mission Accomplishments
· United Space Alliance Achievement Award, Contract Proposal Accomplishments
Willing To Relocate
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.