Payload Integration Engineer/Manager
Seeking a project/systems engineering position with a progressive organization that employs and challenges my technical, project engineering, and leadership skills.
17+ Years Project Engineering experience / Project Management and Professional Manager trained
Progressively managed government and international customers
Lean 6 Sigma and Continuous Improvement trained / Excellent communicator
Project Engineering Professional; results motivated, innovative and practical. Experience reflects a passion for engineering and technical success through participative management, teamwork and creative problem solving. A self-starter, works comfortably individually or on teams. Self starter, quick learner and detailed oriented. Available for travel. Master of Science in Technical Management, Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Engineering Technology.
Core professional competencies include:
· Project Management/Engineering
· Customer Relations
· Risk & Quality Management
· Payload Integration
· Systems Integration
· Systems Analysis
· Operations & Maintenance
· Root Cause Analysis
· Configuration Management
· Lean 6 Sigma & ISO 9001
· Requirements Management
· ITAR Familiar
· Earn Value Management
· Fortran, C++
· Microsoft Project
· Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Access, Outlook, IE)
· Interface Control Document (ICD)
· AutoCAD Programs
· Matlab, FEMAP/Nastran
· AFT Arrow/Fathom
B&W Fluid Dynamics, Inc. 2012 - 2014
· Development of commissioning cleaning engineering studies for major petrochemical, power and refining projects.
· Design of specific commissioning cleaning activities including high pressure and low pressure steam blows, high and low pressure air blows, chemical cleaning, oil flushing, pulse flushing and any other special flushing operations.
· Development of hydro-test plans and packages on a large scale.
· Performed comparative reviews of inquiry and proposed contract drawings, specifications and other contract documents prior to contract acceptance.
· Continuous improvement and development of equipment design.
United Space Alliance LLC., Houston, TX 2005 –2011
Lead Payload Integration Engineer
· Integrated the activities of 10 Payload Integration Engineers planning, executing, monitoring/controlling the documentation and certification of electrical, mechanical and fluid systems interfaces.
· Progressively managed international and government customers.
· Composed detailed project plans and secured customer approval for implementation.
· Led multi-discipline process improvements resulting in schedule reductions (39%), achieving multi-year budget reduction goals, and increased contract value.
· Identified and supported multiple strategic business initiative to exploit commercial opportunities.
· Ensured export compliance of technology and design requirements per ITAR regulations.
· Engineering team leader to corporate and customer senior management.
· Developed and implemented detailed cargo flight product development project plans.
· Performed systems and operations risk assessments affecting safety, personnel, hardware, budget and schedule.
· Conducted ISO 9001 audits of processes and subcontractors.
· Standardized and automated product development planning with MS Project and Excel.
· Automated department task and issues reporting for management status, NASA reviews, and data mining for 'lessons learned'.
· Develop and maintain desk instructions for the payload integration engineering products.
· Developed and maintained cold stowage requirements for the Space Shuttle middeck payloads.
· Incorporatedstandardized project management processes and tools integrating departmental responsibilities.
United Space Alliance LLC., Houston, TX 1997–2005
Payload Integration Engineer
· Conducted planning, executing, monitoring/controlling and closure of ground processing payload requirements, procedures and activities for reconfiguration, test and installation of electrical, mechanical and fluid systems hardware.
· Defined and documented Payload Integration Engineer (PIE) processes, roles and responsibilities.
· Develop and maintain Payload Data Package Annex 1 which includes weight and mass properties, payload axis system data, grapple fixture data, fundamental vibration frequencies, deployable data, mechanical and electrical interfaces, safety-critical circuits, and mechanical and electrical drawings using AutoCAD.
· Verified electrical and mechanical interfaces between payloads and Space Shuttle and International Space Station with the use of Interface control documents (ICD) and Mission Integration Plans (MIP).
· Developed and maintained Time-Critical Ground Handling Requirements (TGHR) Table for each Space Shuttle flights from STS-92 to STS-135.
· Repeatedly recognized for technical and operational contributions by international and government customers.
· Concurrently trained as a Continuous Improvement facilitator, trained new facilitators, and facilitated several Process Improvement Teams.
· Developed Payload engineering products to government customers for the human space flight program.
Master of Science, Technical Management, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Bachelor of Science, Aircraft Engineering Technology, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Minor in Space Studies, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
Satellite Communications Systems Repairer, U. S. Army
Lean 6 Sigma for Engineers, United Space Alliance
USA Leadership Academy, United Space Alliance
USA Integrated Project Management, United Space Alliance
Project Management Certification Program, University of Houston
Secret Security Clearance; United States Army (Honorable Discharge); US Army Achievement Awards; Multiple engineering, management and NASA awards for technical excellence. Held NASA JSC , Boeing, United Space Alliance and Lockheed Martin badges for more than 10 years.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.