A self motivated MSc Telecommunications graduate with a proven track record of providing excellent technical services and support in a highly efficient team equally capable of working independently taking initiative and being pro-active. Gained strong reputation in the Satellite/VSAT Industry with an exceptional drive to learn and always willing to share best practice.
· Customer Focus: First classface to face, telephone based and email customer support abilities.
· Teamwork: Proven team player, strong interpersonal skills and cross functioning between roles.
· Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex technical information into readily understandable language for non-technical audiences.
· Problem solving:Rapidly and effectively synthesizes information; logical and practical with high levels of attention to detail.
SATELLITE AND VSAT
· Carried out site surveys, assembled and pointed various VSAT equipment (Prodelin, Channel master, Andrews) on the Ku, C band for public and private clients in the Energy, Communications, and Government sector with over 30 sites instated.
· Configured and tested Satellite modems (I-direct, Hughes, Linsktar) with excellent fault finding techniques, completed in allocated timescales and to design specifications.
· Member of team that deployed secure VPN tunnelling using Encore®,GuardianBoxand assisted senior technicians in the execution of providing a secure link for 12 hospitals.
· Championed a more effective way of using test equipment like BER testers (Horizon Digital, Satlook meters) spectrum analysers, and improved the understanding of QPSK constellation diagrams leading to saving installation time and money.
· Frequently volunteered to provide formal training for interns within the company who have now become successful VSAT technicians and Network engineers.
· Re commissioned existing sites and worked closely with the teleport (overseas) to align antennas. Planned and executed the re-commissioning of 40 secondary schools which are still active till date.
· Managed the NOC of the company using the NetEnforcer® bandwidth utilisation software on a 24/7 shift basis, and handled the I-site/I-builder/I-monitor interface for I-Direct modem configurations.
· Provided excellent face to face, remote access, telephone and email customer support and improved client relationships whilst keeping clients updated on ongoing projects and status.
· Prepared documentation for ongoing and completed projects planned technical evaluation visits for customer projects and solutions.
· Supervised call logs and related appropriate feedback to senior engineers hence reducing query time by approximately 85%.
NETWORKING AND ADMINISTRATION
· Provided technical input during projects related to network solutions through in depth knowledge of IP network implementation, TCP/IP, IEEE 802.11a/b/g, VOIP(H323, SIP) maintenance and design.
· Mastered and operated CISCO portfolio (routers, switches, firewalls, and support systems) to achieve seamless communication between computers and servers.
· Configured and moved host(s) on the network from one VLAN to the other; and implemented inter - VLAN routing using the command line interface (CLI) thereby separating staffs and students onto separate virtual networks.
· Diagnosed and repaired faults on network workstations, laptops, printers and windows 2003/2008 servers.
· Performed Linux/Unix support for file system administration in the KDE, GNOME environment, created shell scripts, changed file permissions and recovered passwords all in record time.
· Network Technician, St. John Wall Catholic School, Birmingham September 2010-May 2011
· Support Engineer,Juniper Solution Limited March 2008 - August 2009
· IT / Helpdesk Assistant, Unilever PLC April 2006- December 2006
· Aston University, Birmingham UK Sep 2009 –Sep 2010
MSc. Telecommunications Technology (Distinction)
KeyModules: Digital Transmission (65%), Mobile data Networks (81%), Software Engineering (74%), Introductory Java programming (85%), Mobile data Networks (81%), Internet working (80%)
Dissertation: Video Streaming over WLAN
· University of Abeokuta Mar 2002 – Dec 2007
B.Eng (Hons) Electrical/Electronic Engineering
· 5-a-side football, regular gym member
· I am willing to relocate
· Provisional Driving Licence
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.