EADS Astrium UK Ltd, Telecommunication Satellites Division, Portsmouth, UK March 2008. - Present
RF Payload System Engineer
· Prime responsibilities include Analyzing system parameters and Evaluation of satellite payload performance. These include Gain Analyses, Noise Analyses, Phase Linearity, Spurious products from frequency converters and Power budgets in line with customer specifications
· Other responsibilities include reviewing customer specifications and helping spacecraft parts specialists prepare equipment specifications
· Reviewing Test Results from Ambient environment to Thermal Vacuum and preparing relevant test reports.
· Interfacing with the customer and discussing the validity of all results and preparing actions for rectifying any relevant anomalies
Experience in the following softwares:
- Microsoft Excel and Visio
- Payload Analysis Tool
- Advanced Designs System (ADS)
· A basic communication link consisting of a basic transmitter and receiver circuit was successfully constructed as part of the 1st year individual project.
· 2nd Year group project (SHIPS)- After a brief Industrial visit to ‘Bradley Lomas Electrolok’, asked to find out methods to improve the speed of descent of fire curtains if more than 3 curtains moved down together. A successful feasible solution over a period of 8 weeks was found.
· 2nd year Design Project- 8W Audio MOSFET Power Amplifier
· 3RD year Design Project- Software design using ‘Director’ to the working of a World War II radar called H2S.
· Assignments in satellite communications ‘A’ and ‘B’ dealing with link budgets in detail and also analysis of coding and modulation techniques using communications toolbox on Simulink (MATLAB)
· Amplifier, filter and antenna designs using ADS. Some testing experience using VNAs & SA.
· MSc Research Project – Analysis of Optical communication terminals for inter-satellite links and pointing mechanisms needed for beam tracking
SAMTEL (Leading CRT Manufacturing Company, India) July – Sep 2004
· Research work on Intra Inter Communication, Backlight Inverter Circuits and Low Voltage Differential Signaling
The University of Surrey
· Satellite Communications A, Mobile Communications A, Digital Communications, RF Systems and Circuits, Satellite Communications ‘B’, Mobile Communications ‘B’, RFIC and MMIC Design Technology, Data and Internetworking
The University of Sheffield
· Electronic Devices ,Semiconductor Electronics and Devices ,Signals and Systems ,Communication Systems , Feedback Systems, Introduction to DSP, Principles of Communications, Antennas, Radars and Navigation , Engineering Electro magnetic (EM Waves and Machinery)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.