A spectrum management, radio regulatory (eventually telecommunications) senior position, for a permanent or a temporary (minimum 2 years) contract in Europe (with a preference for The Netherlands or neighbourhood countries).
Spectrum management, ITU Radio Regulations, space services, radio technologies and applications, spectrum compatibility/sharing assessments, spectrum policy, scientific use of the radio spectrum.
· Master degree in RF/microwave engineering, 1994;
· ESRI “ArcGIS Desktop/ArcInfo ” (digital maps);
· ATDI “ICS Map Server” and “ICS Telecom” (spectrum management);
· ITU-R World Radiocommunications Seminar, ITU Geneva;
· CEPT Class 1 (F) HAREC.
· Unemployed, 1st Sep. 2010 - present
Position within European organization
· Frequency manager, 1st Sep. 2005 – 1st Sep. 2010, European Science Foundation’s Committee on Radio Astronomy Frequencies (CRAF, www.craf.eu). Employed by Nederlandse Organisatie voor Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek (NWO) on behalf of ESF and hosted by ASTRON/JIVE, in Dwingeloo - The Netherlands. In this position I have:
- coordinated all spectrum related activities at European level for the frequency bands used by radioastronomy and space sciences;
- represented the interests of the scientific community from 20 countries in the international fora where the spectrum issues are being discussed;
- advised CRAF on its policy and strategy regarding the protection of the spectrum used by the Radio Astronomy Service, Space Sciences and other passive applications in Europe;
- performed various sharing and compatibility studies between radioastronomy and other radio services or applications;
- acted as the official CRAF point of contact with member countries, ITU, CEPT, EU, NATO-ARFA, ETSI, industry, academia and other parties;
- represented CRAF to various international meetings, wrote reports, documentation, position papers or other contributions on various issues related to spectrum;
- acted as ITU Designated Focal Point;
- maintained the CRAF web-site (www.craf.eu), a recognized spectrum management resource.
Positions within Romanian administration (ex. General Inspectorate of Communications and Information Technology, now National Authority for Management and Regulation in Communications of Romania - ANCOM, www.ancom.org.ro):
· Spectrum senior expert, Sep.2003 – Aug. 2005, Bucharest Office.
Developed the working procedures within the (newly established) National Spectrum Management System (NSMS), coordinated and made proposals for the monitoring/coordination activities, supervision of some technical compatibility studies performed.
· Head of Broadcasting Division, Sep.2001 – Sep. 2003.
Coordinated a team up to 13 people handling all activities (planning, authorisation, cross-border coordination, registration, pricing, etc) related to cable (~3000 operators) and radio/television broadcasting (FM, AM, TDAB, DVBT) networks (~300 operators).
Also, performed various activities towards harmonization with EU legislation, prepared various contributions for: the Romanian Secondary Legislation, CEPT MA-02 and RRC-04/06, some CEPT working groups, etc;
· Spectrum engineering expert, Sep.2000- Sep. 2001, National Spectrum Monitoring Centre.
Performed spectrum engineering, monitoring and planning activities;
· Quality and additional acquisitions manager, Sep.2000 - Sep. 2001, the Project Management Unit for National Spectrum Management System (30+ millions US$, a Romanian + World Bank project). Developed the test and acceptance procedures of the software packages and the equipments, as components of the NSMS;
· Frequency management expert,Sep.1999 – Sep. 2000, Fixed Service Frequency Management Division. Performed frequency management activities related (sequentially) to Amateur Service, Satellites, Fixed and Mobile Service.
International meeting experience (~130 days/year):
- CEPT: ECC, WG-Frequency Management, WG-Spectrum Engineering, WG-Radio Regulatory/Regulatory Affairs, (J)WG/Com-ITU, CEPT Assembly, TG3 and FM47(UWB), Short Range Devices/MG, SE19 (Fixed Service), SE21 (unwanted emissions), SE24(SRD), SE40 (satellites), CPG, CPG project teams;
- ITU-R: SG7/WP-7D–Science Services, TG1/8 (UWB), TG1/9, SG1/WP-1A)- Spectrum Management, CPM-07, WRC-07 (in the delegation of The Netherlands);
- European Commission (e.g. ISDG-B4 – spectrum policy, DGR-B3 - research);
- European Science Foundation.
· RF engineer (1997), Radio electronics course teacher (1995-1999), Editor (1995), Antennas design engineer (1994-1995), R&D RF engineer (1994), Radiotelegraphy instructor (1987–1994).
Radio, space, satellites, radio technologies, wireless applications, very weak signals reception techniques, mitigation technics, interference management, science.
Problem solving and results oriented, fast learner, pragmatic and enthusiastic, strong communication and interpersonal skills, strong analytical skills, leadership skills and team player, used to work alone or within a team, able to establish priorities and to meet deadlines;
- Operating systems (usage and administration): DOS, Windows, Linux;
- Office suites: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Front Page), Open Office (Word Processor, Spreadsheet, Presentation);
- SEAMCAT, EFIS, ITU-R software;
- Web site design and maintenance/programming (HTML, CSS, PERL, PHP, FTP); served 5 years as webmaster for www.craf.eu;
- Database software: dbase 4, FoxPro, Oracle;
- Various other software applications for Windows or Linux operating systems.
- Dutch: intermediate level (completed Nederlands als Tweede Taal(NT2) voor hoogopgeleide anderstaligencourse at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen NL);
- English: read/write/speak – very well (full professional proficiency);
- French: read/write – well, speaks – fair (if necessary fluent in short period of time);
- Romanian: native.
- Enjoy humour, cycling, mountaineering.
- Active amateur radio since 1982 (Romanian and Dutch call-signs);
- Member of various societies, clubs, etc.
A list can be provided upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.