SATCOM SYSTEMS PROJECT SPECIALIST
Proven track record with more than twenty years of experience and expertise as both Senior System Engineer and Project Manager throughout the entire project life cycle for large scale and technically complex commercial and military satellite communication networks. Develop cost effective technical solutions to satisfy customer and stakeholder goals and objectives. Balance requirements against costs and resources, scheduling, prioritize efforts, manage risks, and resolve issues and conflicts. Evaluate markets, identify strategic partners, and develop opportunities for business by generating proposals, white papers and negotiating contracts.
Heavily experienced with the generation of project documents, test plans, contract compliance requirements, while serving as the on-site liaison for the customer/client. Skilled in communications system design and development, test and operation with a strong working knowledge of multi-vendor implementation of satellite access technologies (FDMA, TDMA, CDMA, DVB), link budgets, IP networking, IP accelerators (PEP), VoIP, traffic analysis, operational procedures, test equipment and interference mitigation.
Expert level proficiency in hands-on analysis, troubleshooting, optimization of circuits for services including VoIP, video and data. Provision interconnect media such as fiber, copper microwave, or satellite, based on actual or projected requirement. Proficiency in Cisco router and switch configuration including aspects such as redundancy, VoIP/VoFR, QOS, dynamic routing (RIP, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), security, and load balancing. Expert level proficiency with software productivity tools including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio, SQL, SatMaster, and Visual Basic.
PT ALPHA CONSULTING – ASIA PACIFIC, Jakarta, Indonesia 2002 – Present
Owner/ Program Manager/ System Engineer
Direct business operations, including project development, system design, sales, finance, training and O&M support. Collaborate with C-Level, upper management and stakeholders on the establishment of architecture and strategic direction of highly-complex projects.
· Conceived, planned, organized, and executed key projects to improve products, facilities, systems, and/or operations by assessing and prioritizing opportunities.
· Defined objectives and requirements, developed financial justification, provided engineering solutions, organized resources, and managed implementation plans.
· Evaluated risks and their associated cost and schedule impacts.
· Developed and presented technical briefings and reports to senior executives.
- Kohanudnas (Military), Indonesia – Overall responsibility for the network design, implementation, configuration and test for several phases of a large VSAT program for the Indonesian military. Project required TDMA DAMA satellite links utilizing IP over frame relay for VoIP and data traffic for supporting radar site connectivity as well as intra-branch coordination of Army, Navy, and Air Force divisions of Indonesian military.
- Ministry of Home Affairs, South Korea – Completed the systems engineering and program management duties of several large projects for the implementation and optimization of ministry infrastructure. Multiple projects required end-to-end integration and configuration of baseband equipment, comprised of Cisco 7000/3800 Series Routers utilizing IP connectivity for high availability; TDMA DAMA VSAT, VoIP trunking, MPEG-4 video, and secure Internet/Intranet connectivity.
- Department of Agriculture, Philippines – System design, integration, and test/commissioning of a turnkey communications network. Implementation included configuration/test of TDMA DAMA VSAT, Cisco Routers & Switches, video codecs, hardware firewall, caching servers and network interconnection for Internet services. Also provided initial operations support, training, and long-term O&M system support.
NSI COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, San Diego, California 1992 – 2002
(formerly ComStream and Spar Communications Group)
Program Manager / Systems Engineer
Provided full-scale program management and systems engineering in the South America and SE Asia regions.
· Led project teams through all phases of standard project lifecycle – feasibility, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing – in alignment with PMI standard methodology.
· Defined project requirements with key stakeholders and developed project charter and scope document; obtained sponsors and approval through formal and informal tollgates.
· Technical proposal preparation including system design, link budgets, third party product qualification, test plan preparation, implementation schedules
· Wrote and executed informal/formal test plans based on analysis of system requirements demonstrating conformity of equipment to specification.
- Korean Air Force, South Korea – Provided expert level on-base operational support for military TDMA VSAT system used for tracking Japan Sea traffic. System is also used for ground to air traffic coordination of military aircraft.
- Korea Telecom, South Korea – Several large infrastructure projects for the public telephone carrier for South Korea. Provided systems engineering and overall program management for the equipment provisioning and establishment of wireless services.
- Americatel/Grupo Santo Domingo, Colombia: Managed project and performed the duties of In-country Project Engineer. Responsible for project design and oversight of implementation aspects including: sub-contractors, TDMA VSAT, microwave, civil facilities (buildings & infrastructure), LEC Class switches, Cisco Routers, multiplexer sub-system, protocol conversion, and T1/E1 support.
GTE SPACENET, Mountain View, California
(formerly Contel ASC and Equatorial Communications) 1989 - 1992
Implemented and commissioned large VSAT hubs and networks throughout North America, South America, and Asia; coordinated internal and contracted resources.
· System design, integration and field implementation for large satellite based networks (+1000 sites)
· Oversaw schedule and initiated management alerts and corrective actions for schedule delays.
· Managed budget and variances; evaluated nature of variances and notified customer and internal management regarding cost overruns.
· Responsible for maintaining the local uplink facility (supporting 10k+ users/VSATs) including fully redundant baseband, up/down-converters, HPAs, and multiple 13M tracking antennas.
Languages: Visual Basic, C/C++, Perl, SQL, Shell, BSD, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Cisco IOS
Networking: LAN, WAN, Frame Relay, ISDN, ATM, SDLC, T1(SF/ESF/RBS), E1(CAS/CCS), Serial Data Interfaces, TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VLAN, VPN, SIP, VoIP, VoFR, QOS, NTP, SNMP
Software: MS Office (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint/Access), MS Project, Primavera, MS Visio, SatMaster, VMware, IXChariot, Iperf, WireShark
Test Equipment: Spectrum Analyzers, Network Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers, BERT Set, RF Power Meters, Satellite Simulators, Noise Figure Meters, O-scopes
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
Certificate in Microwave Communications Technology, Microwave Technical Institute, Palo Alto, CA
BS in progress, anticipated date of completion - 2014
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.