I am a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with an in-depth knowledge of international legislative procedures and extensive experience as a Contracts Officer. In 2008 I became a member of the Cyprus Bar Association and I am now a Qualified European Lawyer. I am energetic, ambitious and eager to take on responsibility at an early stage. I am fluent in both English and Greek and have a basic knowledge of German.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Oct 2009 – Oct 2010 LL.M in International Business Law, University of Exeter
Jun 2008 Awarded membership to the Cyprus Bar Association
Oct 2004 – Jun 2007 LL.B (with Honours), University of Derby
Sep 2003 – Jun 2004 Foundation Course in Law, University of Cyprus
Sep 2000 – Jun 2003 Apolytirion, Lanition Lyceum B’, Limassol, Cyprus
Grade: 17.5 (equivalent to three A levels at Grade A, or 360 UCAS points)
PAID WORK EXPERIENCE
Aug 2010 – currently Contracts Officer (Young Graduate Trainee) at the European Space Agency (ESA) in Nordwijk, Netherlands - ESTEC (Aug 2010 – May 2011) and Darmstadt, Germany - ESOC (May 2011 – currently)
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Involvement in complex procurement projects such as the Space Situation Awareness Programme, GFC8 Frame Contract, and Space Debris Programme. Focus mainly on software development and relevant IP issues.
· Assisting in the revision of the Intellectual Property Regulations which apply to industrial contracts.
· Preparing all relevant documentation for the issue of Invitations to Tender, participating in Tender Evaluation Boards, Tender Opening Boards and de-briefings.
· Drafting complex contracts and frame contracts, non-disclosure agreements, software licence agreements and negotiating supplier agreements.
· Providing training to personnel in relation to ESA’s General Clauses and Conditions, insurance issues, intellectual property implications, best practices and recently established procurement regulations.
· Extensive use of SAP for all above business processes.
Nov 2009 – Jun 2010 Part timeParalegal at Patrick Selley, (Solicitor at Keystone Law), Exeter
Duties and Responsibilities:
General administration, liaison with clients and associates, drafting legal letters, initial opinions and preparing court forms as well as extensive legal research in the areas of commercial law and intellectual property.
Jun 2008 – Jun 2009 Junior Corporate Lawyer at Ergoserve Consulting Ltd
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the creation of an Intellectual Property Department in the firm and training staff and other lawyers. Generated significant additional income for the firm for Trade Mark searches, Trade Mark and Design registrations.
· Managing my own portfolio of Investment Funds, consisting in total of 180 companies and maintaining their Company Secretary files.
· Providing legal advice and opinions on corporate and taxation matters to clients.
Jun 2007 – Jun 2008 Trainee Lawyer at Markides & Co., Nicosia, Cyprus
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conducting extensive legal research and drafting affidavits in support of trade mark conflicts and oppositions.
· Advocacy - successfully represented 100% of my cases before the Registrar of Companies for Trade Mark registration conflicts.
· Conducting trade mark searches for clients and using the WIPO, OAMI and national database.
· Managed the Public Relations and Marketing Department.
MAJOR ACHIEVEMENTS AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
2011 Creator of Social Events Club at ESOC (ESOCial) which currently has almost 200 members.
2010 Elected Representative for all Postgraduate law students at Exeter University.
2010 Exeter Leadership Award and Exeter Award - in recognition of my strong leadership skills and wide extra curricular activities
2008 Achieved a grade A+ for the Certificate of Advanced Electronic Commerce and Intellectual Property of the Worldwide Academy Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and was one of eight students out of approximately 2000 to be granted full scholarship for the course.
2007 Represented Markides & Co. in Beijing, Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur and successfully established new business relations with Adobe, Hewlett Packard and Lenovo who requested our services after my meeting with them.
2010 ‘Airline Deportation: The Reality’ - http://www.rsgdevon.org.uk/newsletters/documents/NewsletterJuly10.pdf
2008 ‘Registering marks in Cyprus: a guide for foreign rights holders’- http://www.iam-magazine.com/reports/Detail.aspx?g=1ba53611-5d0d-4e87-8c4c-652f74be0663
2010 Refugee Support Group Devon, Exeter: providinggeneral support and advice to refugees and asylum seekers on procedure, regulations and obligations.
2010 Free Representation Unit, London
2009 Mini-pupillage, Pump Court Tax Chambers, London
2009 Mini–pupillage, 6 King’s Bench Walk, London
2007 Derby Law Centre: providing legal advice in matters such as immigration and refugee law, European law and Employment law.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.