I am a recent graduate from the University of Southampton where I achieved a 2:1 Masters degree in the subject of Space Systems Engineering. Through my degree I’ve developed an interest in engineering, especially in the space industry, and I would like a career where I can continue in this. I am hard working and enthusiastic, with ambitions of becoming chartered.
MEng (Hons) Space Systems Engineering, 2:1, University of Southampton, July 2011
Final year group project- ESMO: To perform a systems failure analysis on the European Student Moon Orbiter satellite (ESMO), including a FMECA and FDIR review.
Third year Individual Project – Orbital Debris and Strategies for its removal. A case study on space debris, looking into its effects and a review on different methods that could be used to remove it.
2005 – 2007 studied at The King’s School, Ottery St Mary, Devon
A-levels: Maths (B), Physics (B), Biology (B)
AS-levels: Law (B)
2000 – 2005 studied at Rosebery School, Epsom, Surrey
GCSEs: 11 A*-C, including Maths, Science and English
2009 – 2011 University of Southampton, Headstart and Outreach Engineering programmes,variety of roles including being a facilitator during summer workshops, e-mentoring and helping run evening events.
2006 – 2009 Checkout at Tescos, Honiton, Devon
2005 – 2007 Care work for a severely Autistic Child
Key Skills and Competencies
Interests and Achievements:
· Completed Duke of Edinburgh Bronze award and now training for the Gold award
· Won a place at a Cranfield University summer camp through their Schools Aerospace Challenge arranged by the Institute of Mechanical Engineers in 2006
· Achieved the Junior Sports Leadership Award (JSLA)
· Fundraised for a World Challenge expedition to Brazil
· Charity hitch hike to Morocco from Southampton, 2010
· Member of the committee for the Student Scout and Guide Organisation (SSAGO) as secretary within Southampton University, 2010 – 2011
· Assistant Beaver Scout leader for a local Scout group
· On the organising committee for a weekend camp for 200+ Students
Eligible to work in the U.K.
Full clean driving licence
Institute of Mechanical Engineers – Student Affiliate Member
Royal Aeronautical engineering Society – Student Affiliate Member
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.