* 11 Years Aerospace engineer. System Design Engineer at Hughes Aircraft (SSN-688 and Trident Submarines Electronics), Project management engineer Rockwell International (MX and Midgetman Missiles), Project engineer Lockheed Aircraft (F-16 jets cockpit design, C-130 special Mission modifications Project Engineer).
* 14 years wireless (RF) handset System Test/Integration Engineer, Field Testing and Wireless network optimization engineer, Test Manager, Technical Account Manager, Field Application Engineer, QA Engineer, Field/IOT Testing for wireless products i.e.: AMPS, TDMA, GSM, CDMA, 1XRTT, EVDV, WCDMA (3G)/UMTS, including writing Field Test Procedures for all of the above RATs (Radio Access Technology).
* Sr. Software Test Engineer/Handsets , then Technical Account Manager (Nokia), Test Manager (Mitsubishi Wireless/Handset Products), Software Test Engineer for SONY/Qualcomm Wireless (PCS, CDMA, EVRC, Dual mode Handsets), Mobile Network-Optimization Product Support Engineer in London/Pacific rim/USA for GSM, AMPS/ETAC, TDMA, CDMA products.
2010 – now: CarrierIQ Wireless Company, Mountain View. CA.
Title: Handset test and certification engineer (QA).
- Perform device certification (QA) testing for all OEM new handsets prior to lab entry.
- Execute test cases (1xRTT, CDMA2000, GSM, WCDMA(UMTS)), log issues, verify bugs.
- Interact directly with OEM/customers and engineering team to identify, and resolve issues.
- Work with product and test development teams. to ensure requirements are verifiable.
- Work with Chip vendors (Qualcomm) to embed our firmware in their chipsets.
2004 - 2009: Zyray/Broadcom Inc.San Diego, CA
Title: FAE (Field Application Engineer). Reporting to VP Marketing.
* Zyray, the first few 3G/WCDMA chip makers in the world. Hired me to design their first professional tool for their 3G/UMTS wireless testing and debugging, used to conduct field testing globally. Tool used by customers in Korea, Japan, China , and also in Germany.
Conducted IOT (Interoperability) testing at Labs in China, Cista (Sweden), and Montreal (Canada).
Broadcom bought Zyray. I was moved to System Test Group.
* Conducted field testing (GSM/WCDMA) in Frankfurt, Warsaw, Yokohama, Kuwait, Dubai, Montreal, Sydney, Munich, Milan, London, Amsterdam etc.
* Wrote Test Plans for the software testing and verification for GSM/3G-WCDMA Wireless technology, as well as KPI (durability, crash testing etc).
* Conducted field testing in Germany, Holland, UK, Italy, Kuwait, Dubai, Poland, Australia and Canada. Laid off: 1/2009.
2001 – 2004: Nokia Wireless/ handsets, San Diego, CA
Title: Sr. Software Test Engineer/Technical Account Manager
* Started as senior software Test Engineer. Tested 1xRTT technology's wireless protocol using HP 8960, HP8924C, Anritsu, Phoenix (like Qualcomm's MDM, CAIT tools), NEMO, and Nokia's FTP (network simulation) internal tools in the screen room. Reporting bugs and test results using Tyrex , Doors etc.
* In 2002: Promoted to become Technical Account Manager to get Nokia phones to pass all Sprint's Acceptance testing in Kansas (STIC lab), put Nokia's 1xRTT phones into Sprint stores. I was the key liaison between the customer and our internal engineering and sales groups to ensure our products meet customer requirements from concept through product acceptance and on-time delivery. Supervised 10-12 engineers to do the acceptance testing (did CDG-2 protocol testing, EVRC, network selection, QPC myself) while supervised and trained other Nokia engineers to test CDG-2 /CDG-3(field testing), and GPS test cases. Successfully sold 4 models within the first 22 months.
1999 – 2001: Mitsubishi Wireless/Handsets, TDMA Group, San Diego
Title: Manager, Test Group. Report to: Mitsubishi San Diego VP.
* Interviewed, supervised, trained and mentored engineers from various engineering backgrounds (MS,BS) to be trained and converted to wireless engineer to be deployed to functional groups, i.e.: software group, mechanical engineering groups.
* Supervised 5 engineers and 1 non engineer.
* Wrote Field Testing Procedures for cellular phones using the IS-136 standard (TDMA) phones.
* Negotiated, conducted IOT certification testing at Lucent-Whippany(NJ), Nortel-Dallas, Ericsson-Dallas laboratories at record time (6 weeks).
* Successfully negotiated joint development with Comarco Wireless to jointly develop PC Tools for debugging and field testing of Mitsubishi’s cellular phones.
* Mitsubishi shut down all US wireless facilities in August 2001.
1997 – 1999: SONY Wireless/ Handsets, San Diego
Title: System Test and Integration Engineer, Software group. Report to : S/W Director.
* Field Testing of Sony newest mobile phones to Brazil, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Canada.
* I wrote Field Test plans for the new 8K/13K to EVRC transformation.
* Conducted field testing globally using Qualcomm's MDM tools for all new CDMA (IS-95 and EVRC) software prior to release to customers.
* Solved major issues between Sony Thailand, Sony USA and Sony Japan. I successfully persuaded Sony Thailand to carry our new cellular product and negotiated agreement which enabled Sony USA to proceed with the marketing of our product in Thailand.
* Successfully made the sale for SONY's newest phone to a Canadian wireless carrier (Clearnet - Canada) after all prior sales efforts failed. Awarded Sony (VP) Letter of Appreciation for my success in Canada.
* Sony Shut down in 1999 and went to the UK to work with Ericsson.
1996 –1997: Comarco Wireless/Handsets, Irvine,CA
Title: Product Support Engineer.
Reporting to : Director of Customer Support.
* Supported Test and Development of Comarco's GSM units in Europe, conducted extensive field testing in London, Italy and France resulting orders form many customers particularly from TIM (Telecom Italia Mobile). Did a lot of Scanner, GPS testing.
* Successfully introduced Comarco Wireless new products to global markets, trained, maintained, serviced European Telecom customers in Italy, New Zealand, Indonesia, Thailand, Taiwan, Cambodia, Korea etc. Supported Comarco's booth in Hong Kong and informed potential customers on how to optimized their mobile wireless network.
* After this successful European campaign, I was ordered to start a new marketing campaign in the Pacific Rim countries from Auckland (New Zealand), to Indonesia (Telekomselindo), Singapore (Singtel), Hong Kong, Cambodia (Mobilnet), Korea (SKTelekom ),and Tawan (Thai) .
1987 – 1989: Lockheed Aeronautics, Ontario, CA.
Title: Project engineer,. Report to VP Engineering.
* Project Engineer for Special Mission Aircraft Projects. Converting C-130 Hercules planes to "special mission" aircraft with new avionics/weapon system. Supported new business development, submitted F-16 cockpit modification proposals to foreign Air Forces. Pentagon cut budget and I moved to Australia.
1984 – 1987: Rockwell Aeronautics, Anaheim, Ca.
Title: Project Engineer. Report to Program Managers.
* MX (peacekeeper) Missile Guidance System project Engineer. Briefed functional department managers on new RFQ from Air Force. Reported to Program managers on technical progress, funding requirement for each department on modification efforts. Put together proposals, compile them into a program plan which contains the project description and budget requirement, including statement of works (SOW), CDRLs and schedules. Congress killed project, I moved to Lockheed'
1981 – 1984: Hughes Aircraft Co, Fullerton, CA.
Title: Digital System design Engineer. Report to Department Head.
* Was in charge for the development and procurement of the TIU (Torpedo Interface Unit) to integrate and control the launching of MK48 Torpedoes of the SSN-688 and Trident class nuclear attack submarines. Upon completion I was put in charge of the design of the firing control system for the vertical (Tomahawk) missiles launchers.
* Designed the Fast Attack Nuclear Submarine's (SSN-688, L.A. Class) Weapon Launch Control System, needed to control all vertical and horizontal weapons, which would also be used in the bigger Ohio Class subs later on. Conducted Preliminary Design Review (PDR/CDR) with Naval Officers. Mentored, guided, trained new engineers to learn how to design submarines’ hardware and digital circuits. Project done, General Electric got the next contract, I moved on to Rockwell.
Languages: German, Indonesian, English.
-MBA program at Hope University, Fullerton, California, GPA 4.0, not yet completed.
-Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Electrical & Electronics Engineer, Cal Poly Pomona University, California. GPA 3.0
-Associate of Arts, Fullerton College, Fullerton, California.
Military: US Marine Corps:
- 3rd MAW (Marine Air Wing), Iwakuni, Japan.
- 1st MAW ,Helicopter school , Santa Ana, Ca.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.