ESA/ESTEC - YGT in the Automation and Robotics section.
Support to the Landing Site Selection group for ExoMars (including: statistical analysis of known Mars DEM, numerical simulations, generation of a virtual Mars-like terrain according to ESA requirements, algorithms for: path-planning, rover placement and navigation, risk assestments, optimization, error budget).
TU Delft University - Researcher.
Conducting original mathematical research (including: numerical simulations, active participation to intercity seminars and conferences, presenting work in written form in publications).
Master degree ALGANT in Mathematics, Leiden University.
Master degree ALGANT in Mathematics, University of Padua.
Final grade: 110/110 cum laude.
B.Sc. in Mathematics, University of Padua.
Final grade: 110/110 cum laude.
PUBLICATIONS, CONFERENCES, DISTINCTIONS
K. Dajani, C. Kraaikamp, V. Masarotto,
Arithmetic and ergodic properties of D-continued fraction algorithms,
accepted for publication by Acta Arithmetica.
K. Dajani, C. Kraaikamp, V. Masarotto,
A new continued fractions algorithm, in preparation.
Talks at conferences
(11th Symposium on Advanced Space Technologies in Robotics and Automation)
Conference paper: “Planetary Terrain Analysis For Robotic Missions”, Masarotto, V. ; Joudrier, L. ; Hidalgo Carrio, J. ; Lorenzoni, L. .
Scholarship winner (competitive contest) by Fond. Ing. A.Gini, Padova (2009-2010).
Italian (native speaker), English (ﬂuent), Spanish (intermediate), German (basic).
Environments: R, Mathematica, MATLAB. Also experience with Scilab. Latex.
Platforms: Linux, Windows, MAC OS.
Programming languages: R, C. Also experience with C++, Fortrand90.
My background (Number Theory) has thought me to face every problem with an analytical and open mind, ﬁnding innovative approaches (both theoretical and numerical) to reach solutions.
In my YGT year in ESA, I was faced everyday with unknown topics, which had to be solved fast and effectively. I loved the challenge, and I can quickly gain an overview of a project and apply my analytic skills towards recognizing ineffciencies and developing solutions.
Communication and interpersonal skills
- Presented the result of my work in oral and written form to expert in the ﬁeld (seminars, conferences, publications).
- Gave seminars to other graduate/undergraduate students.
- Joined an international master course, which forced cooperation with fellow students.
- Accostumed to work in research teams.
- Outside work, I have been a scout leader for three years, which included raising money for international projects (Sarajevo, Ethiopia, Israel) and keeping relationships with local authorities.
- I thought private math classes to single and groups and gave group tango classes in several countries.
- One month cooperation (October 2009) with TU Delft as invited guest.
- Mathematics student union representative while undergraduate.
- Several years of voluntary work (support to mentally/physically handicapped people; waiter at Cucine Economiche Popolari, Padova; salesman in Manitese, Padova).
- Scout leader in the AGESCI association.
- Ex Cat.B Basketball player (national level as teenager). Traveled all over Europe to dance (and teach) Argentinian tango. Cyclist. Basics in book restoration.
References available upon request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.