EADS Astrium, Portsmouth
· Software developer for the assembly, integration and test department of a leading space technology company. My responsibilities include developing new software components for our payload test system and maintaining legacy code in use on active test campaigns.
· Overseas experience (1 year) where I worked in France on Eutelsat KaSat and SES Astra 1N satellites supporting the test systems through critical phases, including TVAC and range testing.
o Became lead payload test system software engineer on several projects.
o Frequently delivered timely software modifications at short notice.
o Lead the development of new software products.
o Worked on large group developments involving several other engineers.
o Provided 24/7 on call support during critical test phases.
o Successfully worked in three different software teams around Astrium.
o Became the leading authority on several software products.
· Attended Learning Tree courses on C#, SQL and software development.
Feb 2005 –Nov 2007
Radio Frequency (RF) Engineer and Computer Scientist
· Responsibility for conducting RF measurements on the antenna test range with HP 8510 and 8720 network analysers and related equipment.
· Dealt directly with customer queries and requests.
· Took responsibility for small projects from initial contact with the customer through performing the work requested, to invoicing after final delivery.
· Provided technical advice to a team on a different site on a weapon system model running under Open VMS on a DEC AlphaServer.
o Became lead engineer for marine radar unwanted emissions projects.
o Became the chief authority on simulations of a particular weapon system.
· Attended modules on Postgraduate certificate in Management with University of Bath under QinetiQ’s core graduate development program (CGDP)
· Attended a bespoke course on radar technology and antennas.
2007 to 2011 Learning Tree
External training courses attended while working for Astrium:
2005 to 2007 University of Bath
Completed modules of a post graduate certificate in management as part of QinetiQ’s graduate development program (CGDP):
2000 to 2004 Imperial College, London
Masters degree (MSci) in Physics (2:1)
June to Sep 2003 University of Birmingham
Summer studentship funded by the Nuffield foundation in a condensed matter physics research group investigating the properties of novel superconducting materials at microwave frequencies.
July to Aug 2002 Boulton Construction Products, Cosely, West Midlands
Summer placement (as part of the Shell Technology and Enterprise Program) to redesign the layout and organisation of a scaffolding factory.
1998 to 2000 King Edward 6th College, Stourbridge, West Midlands
A levels: Physics (A), Chemistry (A), Maths (A), Further Maths (A),
General Studies (A)
As level: Mechanics (A)
1993 to 1998 Redhill School, Stourbridge, West Midlands
GCSEs: Nine, including Maths (A), English (A) and French (A)
I have a full UK driving licence and speak basic French.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.