Experienced in Networks, Spectrum and Telecommunications (Fixed and Mobile) and actively involved with all European National Regulators and Industry. I am the company point of contact for NRA’s such as OFCOM. I have contributed to consultations at national and European level and to trade associations. With over 10 yrs project management experience and able to manage the delivery of requirements, set priorities and manage progress and improve methods and processes. Supporting both commercial and technical managers to meet project milestones and customer requirements.
2003 - Present Hughes Network Systems Ltd
International Regulatory Affairs Manager
Managing over 250 licences in over 126 countries, liaison with Telecom Authorities, Customers, Government Bodies and organisations, in-country experts including Foreign embassies and Diplomatic representatives.
· Saved over £300k annually (for 2 years) in expenditure from non-essential work.
· Manage the CE and R&TTE certification and homologation process for European operations.
· Maintain the legal standards for ITAR & EAR, including local training
· Conducting Revenue Assurance on the Online Portal Billing system DDR (Non CDR ).
· Advising on local import and planning laws and managing technical and project specific issues
· Advise the company globally on European directives such as WEEE, RoHS and REACH.
· Designed and Compiled management Databases for provision of reports as required for Management and Customers as well as to Regulatory Authorities and UN organisations.
· Influence and monitor CEPT decisions and recommendations and apply them to company procedures.
· Design and run local training on terrestrial telecom networks and topology, including satellite architecture.
2002- 2003 British Standards Institute (BSI)
Billing (Telecom) Scheme Approval Manager
· Worked with Oftel and operators, by providing assessment services, to ensure that the new Metering and Billing (OTR 003) regulations are achieved, for the Telecom (Fixed and Mobile) industry.
· Built working relationships with Internal Sales, External Sales and Telecom companies to create a market. This includes Pre sales bids and customer presentations and pre audit of Telecom companies.
· Approved Telecom companies to the BSI Kitemark certification for the Telecom Tariff & Billing processes
· Worked with Telecom operators to create a Total Metering & Billing System (TMBS) from Switch, to Mediation, Billing engine to Bill production.
2000-2001 Cable & Wireless Communications
Programme Manager (European Network Technology) 3 month contract –extended 1 year
To ensure delivery of new products (15) & services according to agreed timescales and quality levels. To assist individual Project Managers and help achieve company goals by efficiently organising processes and standards. Delivering new products on time and within budget. Had a successful operational budget review.
· Advised on process and standards, CWC Prince 2, for the Global Network Technology Group.
· Maintained financial control over £130M Capital budget and £12M operational budget.
· Prepared cost estimates, functional specification and progress reports for CWC senior management.
· Chaired review meetings to ensure all resources, cost and staffing levels are available for service delivery.
· Liaison between four UK directors and US (2) directors and managements groups.
1998–2000 Cable & Wireless Communications
Project Manager (Telecom Billing) 3 month contract- extended 2 years
To ensure test and integrity checks guarantee compliance and maintain the business’ daily turnover. Products extend from ISDN, PSTN through to Mobile and their integration through mediation devices to the Billing engines. The successful management of customer care information and network testing, including switch testing and system UAT.
· Successfully managed the Interconnect, Provisioning and Billing aspects of OFTELS [Big Number] National Code & Number Change and maintained business service levels during critical cut over periods.
· Audited the various billing engines, Kenan Arbour, ICMS,
· Managed 3rd Party Relationships with vendors such as IBM, NTL and Xerox on their billing systems.
· Developed and implemented testing plans, using virtual teams, for billing engines and mediation devices.
· Delivered 5 National workshops for Helpdesk and call centres and wrote FAQ’s for National Help line.
· Controlled Risk, Issue logs, Change reports, Progress reports, Gantt charts, milestone, interdependency charts, network analysis and completed Lessons Learnt register.
1996 - 1998 Communication Test Design Incorporated
Responsible for all operation aspects of this telecom company from P&L, transport, receiving & shipping, customer services and three technical departments. Carried out day-to-day management of local projects.
· Interfaced with OEMs and customers with Service Level agreements (SLA’s) and scheduling.
· Reduced customer complaints through management of information and customer care desks.
· Managed the recruitment of Technical, administrative and temporary staff and internal resources.
· Successfully moved IT infrastructure and implemented Disaster recovery program.
· Defined procedures for ISO 9002 and ensured Health & Safety Executive standards were compliant.
1993 - 1996 Walter Clarke (EFG)
Approached to improve the performance of this distribution company. This involved the complete restructure of shop floor, administration, sales, marketing, distribution and supplier management. Carried out all hardware maintenance and upgrades for this low-tech environment. Led changes of location, procedures.
· Accurately planned, forecast and monitored the financial performance of the business.
· Defined and improved marketing and sales by effectively targeting new sectors and products.
· Rationalised stock lines by 60% to reduce cash flow.
· Increased turnover by 30% and profits by 55%
1981 - 1993 GEC Marconi Avionics
Production Test Manager
Commenced as a senior technician, faultfinding and repairing to component level. Promoted through training and on development projects to Production Test Manager. Successfully delivered 50 Radar units on time and within the customer’s timescales.
· Developed new practices that reduced off site installation time by 50%..
· Evaluated new technologies and work practices to create efficient R&D and production facilities.
· Successfully project managed in a dynamic Research and Development phase.
· Developed and tested microprocessor hardware, wrote test programs for systems using assembler code.
· Led specialist teams that successfully completed IT projects on time and within budget.
1972 - 1980 Military Service including , Royal Navy ,
· Aircraft Electrical EngineerResponsible for the maintenance, faultfinding and repair on various types of fixed wing aircraft (F4 Phantoms) and helicopters (Sea kings & Wessex) including all associated ground equipment.
· Business Management NVQ Degree level 4
· Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA
· CPC Operators Licence National Certificate (A & B)
· Electrical & Electronic City & Guilds 232 (parts 2 & 3)
· Electrical Installation & Maintenance City & Guilds 236 (parts 1,2,3)
· Prince 2 Foundation Certificate
· ITIL foundation course
· Bribery Act
· ITAR & EAR
· SharePoint –web owner
· Managing the radio spectrum -York University
· VSAT training course - York University
· Regulatory Master Class * TRMC
· Telecommunications –The Operators Environment
· ISO 9000 (2000) Assessor
· Capital Efficiency Project Management
· Net Fusion; Web authoring
· Effective Communication
· Quality Improvement (TQM)
· Presentation Skills
· Methods of Instruction
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.