• More than 20 years of program/project management experience.
• Innovative and effective executive with deep experience satisfying customers with useful products, effective solutions and successfully managed projects.
• An entrepreneurial, customer-oriented self-starter, with a history of delivering bottom line profits and on-time, on-budget projects.
• Effective team leader and organizer.
• Skilled in every facet of business operations.
• Broad technical experience in wide area networking, SDLC/PDLC and digital media.
• Skilled communicator who can earn the confidence of customers, internal decision makers, team members and subcontractors.
• Managed projects have run a gamut from satellite network construction to television program production; software development projects to custom user manuals and marketing objects.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• Portfolio Management
• Program Management
• Project Management
• Product Development
• Product Management
• Product Marketing
• Business Development
• Contract Negotiation/Management
• Cross Functional Teams
• Change/Configuration Management
• International Business
• Network Construction
• Requirements Development
• COTS Procurement
ISIS, LLC. Vienna, VA 10/94 – Present
Serves telecom providers with program support activities, emphasis in technical solutions and strategies for program capture, product and solution design and management, documentation assistance for technology sales, marketing, and program management efforts. Projects of note follow:
Direct General Insurance, Nashville, TN 2/11 – 9/11
ISIS Contract Project Manager / EPMO
Project Management in Enterprise Program Management Office for non-standard Property/Casualty (auto) insurance company.
• Lead project for procurement of new billing, policy administration systems;
$3+M capital budget.
• Created project plan in Eclipse project management tool using MS Project.
• Conducted requirements analysis; interviewed 20+ stakeholders from multiple business areas, requirements summarized in document for inclusion in RFI.
• Identified, qualified potential vendors.
• Created Request for Information package incorporating requirements.
• Ran RFI team, reducing 12 responders to 5 for demonstrations.
• Worked with legal to obtain Non-Disclosure Agreements from selected vendors.
• Conducted status, go/no go briefings for executive management.
• Conducted multiple day-long vendor demonstrations.
• Commenced RFP Draft; project now on hold at least one year - funding issues.
• Lead six internal upgrade projects for remediation of existing billing system.
• Created Charters, Project Plans, participated in weekly project reviews.
• Created Requirements, Obtained resources, managed delivery of software upgrades for AS400 mainframe with . Net front end and consumer web interfaces.
SpectraRep, Chantilly, VA 2007 – 2010
ISIS Contract Project Manager / Product Manager
Project Management for nationwide rollout of Digital Emergency Alert System under FEMA contract, for Presidential-level wide area digital media alert delivery system.
• Customer-facing role.
• Intense information security testing via DOD/JITC (Joint Interoperability Test Center).
• Managed TIR (Test Incident Report) Resolution.
• Managed Change / Configuration Management; EVM inputs.
• Equipped and tested 300+ PBS stations with digital signal distribution equipment.
• Arranged nine state EMOC Pilots as subset of overall demonstration project.
• Inconnection with the above, managed:
- Inventory tracking
- Installation troubleshooting
- Spares & Repairs
• Interaction with PEPAC and PEP station representatives.
Product Management for AlertManagerTM browser-based alert and warning software.
• System generates Common Alerting Protocol XML streams with digital media attachments for use by State/Local Emergency Management Agencies (variant of Presidential-level system) for Amber, Weather, and other emergency messaging.
• Customer-facing role.
• Product Roadmap, Product Documentation/User Manuals;
• Software Testing, Change and Configuration Management, Defect Tracking;
• SharePoint, Project, Visio, SubVersion.
Public Broadcasting Service, Arlington, VA 1997 – 2006
ISIS Contract Program Manager / Business Developer
Program/Product Management for PBS Distribution Services, $34M Rev., $28M Net Inc.
• Customer-facing role.
• Management of transponder grooming projects (frequency reassignments/occasional customer moves) kept fill factors in excess of 90% across all PBS transponders.
• Managed customer transponder assignments, uplink coordination, PBS Satellite Operations Center (SOC) Interactions.
• Consulted with outside Engineering firm and SOC on Link analysis, frequency assignment, access management, interference management.
• Through PBS Legal Department, responsible for contract negotiation, contract drafting, contract management, renewals.
• Conducted strategic planning, transponder protection planning, business continuity/ disaster recovery planning, transponder insurance research.
• Competitive analysis/pricing, business development, sales.
GTE Spacenet, McLean, VA 1986 – 1994
Director, Program Management
• Owner / operator of telecommunication satellites serving Fortune 500 enterprise, federal & state government, broadcasting and education markets.
• Satellite Services Business Unit general manager.
• P&L responsibility for $93M revenue stream.
• Weekly program reviews before entire executive staff.
• Personnel responsibility for eight program managers.
• Managed cross-functional project teams >20.
• Customer-facing role.
• Working project manager; supervised construction of Oregon Ed-Net, managed ongoing operations for IBM, Sears VideoTeleconference networks.
• Managed software development project for Skystar Digital Television Service.
• Wrote initial specification/requirements document
• Managed SDLC from GUI Design to customer Rollout
• Managed spinoff product development for Luminary data network product
Western Union, Northern NJ and Dallas, TX 1982 – 1986
Director of Sales / Product Management
• Customer-facing roles.
• Company operated communications satellites and terrestrial voice, data and video microwave network.
• Managed Sales and Marketing for SCPC satellite services and Texas terrestrial microwave network.
• Created & sold solution for first hybrid satellite and terrestrial system for CBS Television regional news gathering.
• Created SkyData product line of standardized SCPC Terminals and bandwidths.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of Arts -- Government
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
Project Management Professional
Project Management Institute
#1367603 Expires November 2013
• Windows XP/ 7, Mac OS X
• MS Office Suite
• MS Project, Visio
• Telecom Wide Area Networking
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.