Starshine Engineering and Analysis (2009 – present)
Supported several proposals and development efforts for GeoEye. Provided key system engineering on a team developing requirements, specifying interfaces, preparing program documentation and procuring long-lead hardware to support the GeoEye-2 program. Supported the NGA Enhanced View proposal effort.
OrbImage Corp, dba GeoEye (2004 – 2008)
Senior Director, NextView Space and Launch Segments (Dulles, VA)
Responsible for all technical and programmatic aspects for the GeoEye-1 Satellite and Launch Vehicle contracts. Developed requirements and interfaces between these and the GeoEye-1 Ground Segment, managed all contract and programmatic issues, supervised all design, development, integration and test activities, and finally, coordinated all launch and on-orbit checkout activities.
Responsible for hiring and managing several engineers and contractors supporting the GeoEye-1 program over the four-year development period.
Served as GeoEye Program Director for the successful GeoEye-1 launch aboard a Delta II rocket out of Vandenberg Air Force Base in September 2008.
Orbital Sciences Corporation (1994 – 2004)
Senior Scientist, Space Systems Group (Dulles, VA)
Proposal manager on several major efforts including the successful Orbiting Carbon Observatory, an ESSP mission with JPL awarded in July, 2002.
Study manager on the 2001 GOES-R Instrument Accomodation Study for NASA. Led the successful proposal for the 2003 GOES-R Architecture Study for NOAA.
Also served as payload consultant on the OrbView commercial remote sensing program in support of the Program Office. Provided analysis, review and reccommendation of various technical issues involving the telescope and camera assemby.
Director, Advanced Programs, Sensor Systems Division (Pomona, CA)
Program Manager for the National Polar-Orbiting Environmental Satellite System (NPOESS) Ozone Mapping and Profiling Suite (OMPS) Risk Reduction Phase Program. OMPS is the next generation ozone-monitoring instrument for the converged operational weather satellite system.
Program Manager for the OrbView-3 Camera Program, the primary instrument for a commercial remote sensing program developed within Orbital. Served as Camera Program Manager from inception through program PDR.
Responsible for management, technical planning, business development, systems engineering, concept design and performance analysis for proposals and internal research and development efforts including:
· Advanced Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer (TOMS)
· Wide Field-of-View Imaging Spectrometer (WFIS)
· Atmospheric Pollution, Aerosol, and Chemistry Satellite proposal with Orbital/Space Systems Group
· Several Space Instrument Proposals for NASA and others
Martin Marietta Astro Space Division, formerly GE Astro Space (1985 – 1994)
Senior Systems Engineer (Valley Forge, PA)
Lead Systems Engineer for payload accommodation on Landsat 7 spacecraft program with responsibilities including:
· Generation and maintenance of payload specification and Interface Control Document
· Resolution of technical issues between satellite and payload
· Oversight of instrument subcontractor to ensure payload performance met system requirements
Lead Systems Engineer and Deputy Program Manager for NASA Laser Atmospheric Wind Sounder (LAWS) Phase A/B program. Responsibilities:
· Overall systems engineering and management of subcontractors
· System-level performance analysis and simulation
· Heterodyne receiver subsystem development
Management, systems engineering and analysis responsibilities on several proposals, programs and internal research and development efforts including:
· Proposal Manager and then Program Manager for an Air Force study contract to determine utility of laser radar for surveillance missions
· Task manager for laser radar analysis of SDI Kinetic Energy Weapon (KEW) fire control sensor
· Responsible for detailed IR&D end-to-end sensor simulation for design and analysis of active and passive electro-optical sensors
Perkin-Elmer Corporation (1978 – 1985)
Optical Systems Analyst (Danbury, CT)
Optical analysis on Hubble Space Telescope including:
· Simulation, performance prediction and error budgeting for the telescope assembly
· Generation of ground software for use during initial on-orbit performance verification and optimization activity
Currently hold a TS clearance granted in August 2008.
Author or co-author of 10 papers relating to passive and active sensor modeling, lidar remote sensing and heterodyne detection technology.
Penn State University
Master of Engineering, Engineering Science
Rochester Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science, Math/Physics
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.