Master of Applied Science, conferred in October 2011,
University of Toronto, Canada. Concentration: Space Systems Assembly, Integration and Testing
Bachelor of Applied Science in Engineering Science, conferred in 2009, University of Toronto, Canada.
Concentration: Aerospace Engineering
Languages & Software: MATLAB, C/C++, LATEX, Excel, Word, Powerpoint, IRAF
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
- English: ﬂuent in speaking, reading and writing
- Mandarin: ﬂuent in speaking, reading and writing
Spacecraft Systems Assembly, Integration and Test Engineer (2009 to 2012) - Space Flight Laboratory
• Designed the test procedure that veriﬁes functionalities of the payload system (an optical instrument for space astronomy), which directed three international teams of engineers through testing six sets of payload aboard six spacecrafts.
• Derived and constructed all veriﬁcation matrices for the payload system based on the high level performance requirements posed by customer (science team).
• Constructed detail procedures that guided characterization of the instrument photometers on six sets of payload on aspects such as bias level stability, saturation level, thermal sensitivity, and noise signature.
• Experienced with the handling of delicate, ﬂight-grade hardware and working inside class 10,000 clean room environment in compliance with electrostatic discharge
• Cooperated with mission manager to carry out subsystems assembly and integration that lead to the successful completion of one of the six spacecrafts.
• Prepared the test procedure used to verify spacecraft system-level functionalities, ensuring proper hardware assembly and software-hardware integration.
• Collaborated in a team of three on 24-7 rotational shifts to carry out spacecraft system-level functional tests and operated the spacecraft to perform simulated commissioning and on-orbit operation tasks.
Communication System Engineer - Solar Sailing Tech Demo Mission (2009)
Term Project for Microsatellite Design, Graduate-level Course at University of Toronto
• Took on responsibilities for the preliminary design of spacecraft’s communication system.
• Employed a top-down design approach that involved identifying the high-level mission requirements and translating them into a set of data budgets and data transfer requirements.
• Investigated on the existing receiver/transmitter hardware capabilities to extract characteristic parameters and constructed the uplink/downlink communication link budgets.
• Simulated mission operation using Satel lite Tool Kit (STK) software to obtain information on spacecraft range and attitude with respect to ground station for the purpose of evaluating uplink/downlink data throughput levels.
Systems Engineer - Satellite Refueling Tech Demo Mission (2008)
Term Project for Space System Design, Undergraduate Course at University of Toronto
• Designed the top-level mission operations concept (orbit transfers, rendezvous maneuvers, docking sequence, refueling sequence, etc.) through trade-oﬀ studies to evaluate the various methods of achieving the goal of refueling multiple satellites.
• Deﬁned the spacecraft modes and manners of mode transition to discretize the overall mission operations into manageable functional blocks.
• Composed system-level and subsystem interface requirements using a top-down design methodology, dividing the functions associated with each mode into veriﬁable requirements and further deriving them into subsystem-level requirements.
• Constructed and managed design budgets on the subsystem-level concerning aspects of mass, dimension, power, thermal, fuel, and data.
Primary author, The BRITE Constel lation Space Telescope - Design and Test of a Wide Field, High Resolution, Low Noise Optical Telescope for a Nanosatel lite Constellation, Proc. 25th Conference on Small Satellites, Logan, Utah, 2011.
Technical session speaker at 25th Conference on Small Satellites, Logan, Utah.
Elected Treasurer of the Aerospace Student Association for 2010 to 2011.
Composed funding proposal and engaged in negotiation with funding entities that successfully lead to the increase in funding by 50% for the student body.
Photography, beach volleyball, reading, hiking, rock climbing and jogging.
Mr. Mihail Barbu, Senior Electrical Designer, Space Flight Laboratory
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.