Innovative Flight Controls Engineer with extensive background in spacecraft avionics, continuous improvement, project management, and problem solving in a high profile/time critical environment. Skilled facilitator and coach. Currently hold Security Certification, National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI), and Homeland Security Personal Identification Verification clearances. Previously held “SECRET” Clearance through DISCO for Department of Defense (D.O.D.) mission support. Areas of expertise include:
· Innovative Problem Solving
· Data Analysis
· Creative Process Optimization
· Project/Process Management
· Human/Machine Interface Design & Implementation
· Hardware/Software Testing
· Software Design & Implementation
· Tool/Mold Design
· Composite Manufacture & Repair
· Continuous Process Improvement
UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE, (formerly Lockheed Martin), Kennedy Space Center, FL 1979 – 2011
Flight Controls/Hydraulics Systems Engineer (1998 – 2011)
Provided innovative engineering solutions to technical problems in a time critical environment.
· Improved processes and procedures to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
· Performed in place repair of Brake box which saved millions of dollars by eliminating schedule impact resulting from need to remove box for return to vendor and recalibration of brake system.
· Verified Space Shuttle Flight Controls systems were operating properly to ensure flight readiness. This required applying knowledge of digital electronics and general electrical engineering principles.
· Configured vehicle aerosurfaces/engines to support testing operations and mission schedule. These included elevon, rudder, speed brake, body flap, Space Shuttle Main Engines, Solid Rocket Booster Thrust Vector Control, and Orbiter Maneuvering System.
· Performed testing on 12 Flight Controls sub-systems to ensure vehicle flight readiness.
· Acted as liaison between support organizations for scheduling and problem resolution to meet deadlines.
· Prepared and executed detailed test documentation and troubleshooting procedures in time critical environment meeting both customer requirements and mission critical deadlines.
· Directed technicians in the performance of critical hardware installation and testing resulting in zero defects.
· Performed data analysis during pre-flight, launch and landing to verify vehicle performance.
· Developed and implemented displays to ensure reliable monitoring, data analysis and vehicle testing.
· Designed, tested, and validated automated/interactive software tests to replace manual testing methods for improved efficiency and accuracy, which included model control procedures for test simulation.
· Validated flight software at Shuttle Avionics Integration Laboratory, ensuring its proper functionality and reliability.
· Conducted accident investigation analysis of Challenger debris, which involved identification, and root cause analysis.
· Application Software Working Team (ASWT) Lead – responsible for Flight Controls/Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC) software (including requirements implementation, software design, analysis, problem resolution, testing, and validation). Responsible for 209 programs, with 236,234 lines of code.
· Directed hazardous operations as Task Team Leader in a time critical environment while maintaining employee safety and meeting schedule requirements."
· Checkout Launch Control System Integrated Process Team (IPT) Lead directed the design of Object Oriented requirements, specifications, and displays for the next generation software for use in Shuttle processing. This involved using System architect, Doors, UNIX, SLGMS, and Control Shell.
· Assisted and trained teams in C.I. techniques as a Certified Continuous Improvement (C.I.) Process Facilitator.
· Active member of numerous Lean 6 Sigma teams, Natural Management team (NMT), Process Improvement team (PIT), Computer Based Training (CBT) development team, Continuous Improvement /Total Quality Management, Materials Review team, and Continuous Safety Improvement System (CSIS) team contributing to process and system efficiencies.
Lead Electronics Technician, Shuttle Systems, (1984 – 1998)
Technician working on Orbiter, External Tank, and Solid Rocket Boosters specializing in fabrication, assembly, and testing of flight hardware and GSE, including precision soldering of electronics and electronics testing. Designated instructor of electrical
skills used in Electrical Connector Mate/De-mate process, and Task Team roles and Responsibilities. Skilled in Mold design, composite manufacture, and repair.
· Invented “Mini Helicoil installation tool” eliminating need to de-mate Orbiter and External tank to repair damaged fasteners, saving company millions of dollars and removing any launch impact.
· Invented “Core Cut-off Tool” which allowed 1st time acceptance of materials sample testing, which earned the Shuttle program an award fee for meeting mission milestones.
· Designed and built molds for ablative installation which cut process time by 80%.
· Reduced torque wrench calibration failures by 95% by attaching an instruction label on each tool.
· Certified Move Director and Task Team leader.
· Verified vehicle flight readiness by completing a variety of tests that included: materials testing, visual inspection, mold impressions, dye penetrate, leak testing and Mass spectrometer testing.
· Directed labeling, storage and disposal of toxic/hazardous materials achieving no OSHA violations.
· Fabricated specialized tools and equipment to support processing which saved millions of dollars.
· Designated Inspector (DI) for quality control of flight and ground support hardware, ensuring compliance with established standards.
· Applied ablatives/Thermal Protection to flight element & removed in hydrolaser operations.
· Activated battery lab and performed battery operations for vehicle and payload batteries
· Performed hazardous Fuel/Oxidizer operations in SCAPE (Self Contained Atmosphere Protective Ensemble).
Electronics Technician, (1979 – 1984)
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
Engineering program, University of Central Florida, Cocoa, FL
Associate of Science, Space Engineering Technology, Brevard Community College, Cocoa, FL
Associate of Arts, General Studies, Brevard Community College, Cocoa, FL
NASA certifications, Level 1 Flight Controls, Level 3 Hydraulics Engineer, SCAPE Certified
Root Cause /Decision Analysis Techniques from Kepner-Tregoe
ISO 9001 Compliance
Computer Aided Drafting Certificate (Auto-trol CAD)
Microsoft Office Suite, Auto-trol CAD, DOORS, System Architect, PCGOAL, IPRACA
Recognized and honored for outstanding contributions and innovations, earning:
· Two Space Act Awards for inventing new technology: The “Core Cut-off Tool” & “Mini Helicoil Installation Tool”
· 55 Suggestion Awards, including “Suggester of the Year” and “Most Suggestions Awarded”
· Numerous commendations in NASA Award Fee Evaluations for commendable performance
· Certificate of Appreciation for CSIS Phase II Team participation
· Two Booster Awards: Tool Control, and RSRM Materials Review Team
· PIT Team Award for K5NA Fixture Process Improvement
· Three “Employee of the Month” Awards
· Two Group Achievement Awards: ET Electrical Monoball Anti-Rotation Device, and Development of CBT training
· Two teamwork awards: USA Teamwork Award for Orbiter Bipod mate, and Integration Team Award
· CLCS Launch Honoree Award for STS-110
· Certificate of Appreciation for Investigation of Challenger Accident
· KSC Space Shuttle Fleet Prime Launch Team Special Career Achievement Award
· Two Technical Achievement Awards: Development, testing, and implementation of GNC software, and Engineering Excellence for superior performance on the Flight Controls/Hydraulic sub-systems
· KSC Group Achievement Award for ALCA/APU Anomaly Resolution Team
“Core-Cutoff Tool”, NASA Tech Briefs, March 2007 vol.31 / no. 3 pg 56, 58
“Core Cutting”, Cutting Tool Engineering, June 2007 vol. 59 / no. 6 pg 106, 108
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.