Results-driven and dynamic professional with solid academic and extensive work background in engineering, telecommunications and international trade.
Successful track record negotiating satellite and telecommunications network services in the United States, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Significant experience dealing with telecom companies, ISPs, government agencies and commercial enterprises.
Recognized ability to work with a broad range of issues as they relate to policy, management, and technology initiatives.
Deft at capturing new clients and managing major contracts.
Excellent team leader and member with a strong work ethic and “trusted advisor” customer relationships.
Fluency in English and French; working knowledge of Spanish.
INTELSAT Corporation • Washington, DC and Coral Gables, FL 1996 - 2011
Senior Sales Director Latin America and Caribbean Oct 2006 - Apr 2011
• Expanded the Latin American and Caribbean customer base from 20 to 45 revenue-producing clients.
• Closed an average of US$10M a year and consistently surpassed annual revenues expectations.
• Negotiated and closed Intelsat’s largest operational ITS-DC service in the Americas, a 200 Mbps circuit to GT&T, the main Telecom provider in Guyana, with an annual contract value over US$1.5 M.
• Won a major long-term contract with Digicel Group, the largest mobile provider in the Caribbean and Latin America, and one of the fastest growing telecom providers worldwide, with annual contract value of US$2M.
• Secured over US$1M in revenue for emergency services for hurricane and cable restoration, efficiently addressing urgent customer needs in the Bahamas, Jamaica and the French islands.
• Closed SportMax TV to carry 3 sport channels, the largest Caribbean broadcast deal, $1.5M annual revenue.
• Provided satellite broadband network service to the University of West Indies, enabling them to connect their seven campuses throughout the Caribbean and South America, and deliver distance education.
• Negotiated broadband satellite, ITS and network deals of US$1.8-2.5M, benefitting countries such as French Guyana, Haiti, Puerto Rico, among others.
• Reestablished critical international communications to mobile phone providers and aid organizations in Haiti within 24 hours of the January 2010 earthquake.
Sales Director, North America and the Caribbean Jan 2000 – Jun 2006
• Coordinated sales activities to countries in the Caribbean and to major named accounts in the US including Sprint, NOOA and Hughes Network Systems.
• Identified business growth opportunities, planned and launched marketing campaigns and developed effective sales plans to overachieve revenue targets.
• Expanded the client base from 10 to 30 revenue-producing customers, adding $2M in annual sales; also exceeded revenue targets consistently, closing from US$11 to US$15M during this timeframe.
• Between 2003 and 2006, signed eight new customers, won contract renewals and new agreements with Sprint, and negotiated the sale of an average of 75Mbps of GXS–IP services to ISPs, generating close to US$15.0M in new revenues.
• Closed a major deal with Outremer Telecom, a large mobile provider in the French Caribbean, for the first satellite network to connect 6 remote locations in the jungle of French Guyana to the outside world, providing telephony, distance education and telemedicine with a contract value of $1.2M.
• Opened and managed 13 IP-based accounts, the largest and most profitable GXS IP services customer base in the Americas.
• Coordinated the effort to restore Batelco Bahamas satellite service after a major cable failure caused total loss of international connectivity and led a 12-hour recovery on satellite of all Cable & Wireless Caribbean Internet traffic after the failure of the Maya 2 Cable in 2003 and 2004 respectively.
• Planned and organized three regional meetings for the Americas in Jamaica, attended by approximately 70 customers, and generating leads that produced more than $1M in new revenue.
Customer Service and Sales Coordinator, Europe Sales Jan 1998 – Jan 2000
• Coordinated all sales support functions including renewals and approvals of existing and new contracts and services.
• Provisioned first-level assistance to customers from pre through post sales. Served as process manager for the completion of all lease sales.
• Played a key role in the consistent achievement of all sales revenue goals, supporting the sales director and customers, managing all aspects of contracts and conducting sales promotions and presentations.
• Supported Sales Director and VP‘s performance achieving unprecedented results through large service contracts in French speaking Europe (Belgium, France, Monaco) and also in Norway, two years in a row.
• Supported Sales Director’s efforts to exceed targets of $12M and $13M in 1998 and 1999.
Sales Support Engineer Feb 1996 – Jan 1998
• Provided engineering support to Sales Directors and Account Managers covering Network and Video sales in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
• Architected technical solutions to integrate satellite and land-based networks.
• Developed and promoted new services offerings including TDMA and DAMA.
• Worked on link budget analysis and transmission plans. Handled customer technical requests and issues. Received significant technical training in VSATs, IPL networks, transmission plans, and Cellular backhaul.
Télécommunications D’Haiti S.A. • Port-au-Prince, Haiti Aug 1990 - Feb 1996
Deputy Director of Sales Operations Sep 1994 - Feb 1996
• Reporting directly to the CEO, directed the planning and implementation of new telecommunication services and products for the entire country with a staff of 40 associates.
• Coordinated revenue forecasts, budget preparation, business development, sales direction, and contract negotiations.
• Increased lines penetration by 20 percent in one-year, generating additional revenues of $1.5M.
• Introduced new products and expanded company’s presence with 12 service centers in the rural areas of the country.
• Coordinated and supervised the opening of six customer centers across the country.
• Negotiated rates with major operators including ATT and MCI, improving traffic volume and revenue. Established a technical support and sales unit dedicated exclusively to commercial and business sales offerings of PBXs, IPLs and related services, generating over $1M in the first year.
Network Engineer/Supervisor • Sep 1990 - Aug 1994
• Led expansion of telecommunication networks throughout Haiti; also coordinated expansion of the outside network and planned new networks in rural untapped regions.
• Coordinated several projects related to the terrestrial network expansion in remote areas.
• Supervised establishment and testing of new transmission sites as well as new switching infrastructures.
Master in Telecommunications The George Washington University • Washington, DC 1999
BS in Engineering G.O.C. Institut Polytechnique • Port-au-Prince, Haiti 1988
• Imparta Leadership, 2011
• Business Development, 2011
• Account Management, 2008
• VSAT, 2000
• IPL Networks, 2001 Transmission Plans,2000 Cellular Backhaul, 2001 SPIN Selling, 2007 Strategic Selling,2006
Memberships & Affiliations
Satellite Society of Professional International (SSPI) GWU Alumni
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.