I am an experimental research scientist with a background in Chemistry in general and Soft Matter in specific with both academic as well as industrial experience. In collaboration with the European Space Agency I managed a microgravity research project which ran on board of the International Space Station ISS which taught me to successfully work in multidisciplinary and cultural diverse teams with people from different international enterprises. I have experience with different analysis techniques being, among others, microscopy (electron, light and confocal), scattering (static and dynamic light, X-ray, near field), ultracentrifugation, spectroscopic characterization and rheology. I am a fast learner and a dedicated, enthusiastic, creative, analytic and flexible team player with a good eye for detail.
Research Scientist (1 January 2013 – 31 December 2015)
Company: Unilever R&D Vlaardingen, Genesis Structurants
Supervisor: Dr. Krassimir Velikov (Krassimir.Velikov@Unilever.com)
Subject: Effect of copolymers on Dispersion and Gel Properties of Cellulose Microfibrils.
I investigated new structuring technologies for the improvement of existing and the development of new (food) products.
Post Doctoral Researcher (1 January 2010 – 31 December 2012)
Institute: University of Amsterdam, Physics Faculty
Research group: Soft Matter group of the Van der Waals - Zeeman Institute
Supervisors: Prof. Dr. Gerard Wegdam (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) and Dr. Peter Schall (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Subject: Colloidal Phase transitions induced by the Critical Casimir Effect
Together with the European Space Agency and University of Milan, we studied the structure formation of spherical colloids due to a temperature controllable attractive force, both on board the International Space Station (ISS) as well as on ground.
Post-Doctoral Researcher (30 September 2009 - 1 January 2010)
Institution: Utrecht University, Chemistry Department
Research group: Van 't Hoff laboratory for Physical and Colloid Chemistry
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Willem K. Kegel (email@example.com, phone: 0031 (0)30 253 2873)
Subject: Assembly of Polyoxometalates.
In this project we studied the spontaneous assembly in solution of large inorganic molecules known as polyoxometales
· Prof. Dr. Gijsje Koenderink, Amolf, Amsterdam
· Prof. Dr. Nico Sommerdijk, TU Eindhoven, The Netherlands
· Dr. Daniela J. Kraft, Leiden Institure of Physics, Leiden University, The Netherlands
· Dr. T. Narayanan, European Sinchotron Radiation Facility, Grenoble France
· Dr. Gijs Wuite, Molecular Biophysics, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, The Netherlands
· Dr. Marco Potenza, Dr. Matteo Alaimo, Optics and Microgravity research Laboratory, Dipartimento di Fysica, Università degli Studi di Milano
· Dr. William V. Meyer, Senior Scientist at NASA GRC
• Supervisor of a practical course in Physical Chemistry for first year chemistry students
• Supervision of serveral research projects for students, ranging from first and second year Chemistry students to bachelor and master projects for chemistry and physics students
• Organisation of a Masterclass on Colloids for highschool students.
2005-2009 PhD Chemistry, Utrecht University (graduated 30st of September 2009)
PhD research: at the Van 't Hoff laboratory for Physical and Colloid Chemistry under supervision of Prof. Dr. Willem K. Kegel.
PhD-thesis: Assemblies of Polyoxometalates
2003-2005 MSc Chemistry (Cum Laude), Master program Chemistry and Physics,
MSc-research: at Condensed Matter and Interfaces
Nanowire group under supervision of Drs. L.K. van Vugt (UU),
Prof. Dr. D.A.M. Vanmeakelbergh (UU) and Dr. E. Bakkers (Philips)
MSc-thesis: Indium Phosphide Nanowires, Single Wire Luminescence and Photoetching
2005 Internship, at Akzo Nobel (Arnhem, The Netherlands), Coatings Research Arnhem,
under supervision of Dr. Bart Reuvers (Akzo Nobel) and Dr. W.K. Kegel (Utrecht University)
Subject: Film Formation of Waterborn Paints
1999-2005 BSc Chemistry, Utrecht University
BSc-research: at van 't Hoff Laboratory for Physical and Colloid Chemistry, under supervision of Dr. Mircea Rasa
BSc-thesis: Inverse Magnetic Fluids with Different Kinds of Magnetic Fluid Matrices
• Soft condensed matter and advanced colloid science (2007)
• Post-doctoral course Macroscopic Physical Chemistry, Hans-sur-Lesse (2006)
• Tutorial Workshop Analytical Ultracentrifuge, Hanover, Germany (2007)
• 5th Annual Ultrascan Analytical Ultracentrifugation Workshop, Texas, USA (2007)
• Course in Understanding moleculair simulations, Amsterdam (2008)
• NPP/NVR Autumnschool 'Planetary Sciences', Mendig, Germany (September 24-26, 2009)
• Introductions to Intellectual property and patents, Unilever course (2013/2014)
• Analytic Story Telling (2014)
KNCV, Royal Dutch Chemistry Society, since 1999
European Low Gravity Research Association, since 2011
Dutch: Native language
English: Fluently in speech and writing
German: Basic knowledge
Software: LaTeX, Mathematica, Origin, Photoshop, Diamond, Labview, ImageJ, Microsoft Office
Secretary of the Debye AIO committee, part of the Debye Institute for Nanomaterials Science during my PhD research at the University of Utrecht. PhD representative at the daily board of the Van 't Hoff Laboratory for Physical and Colloid Chemistry, also during my PhD research.
Secretary of the Chemical Student Association Proton at Utrecht University during the college year of 2001-2002.
Interests: playing guitar (amateur level), reading (last read Quiet by Susan Cain, The Expanse by James Corey), computers/new technology.
Sports: Running (10 km and more), Member of the Board of the Vitality Runners Vlaardingen running club.
Unilever R&D Vlaardingen Golden Bee award winner. The Golden Bee is an appreciation award given by colleagues to colleagues. Each year employees of Unilever R&D Vlaardingen are asked to nominate colleagues whom, in their opinion, contribute to more than just the working tasks at hand.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.