3D Modeling • Concept Generation and Selection • Rapid Prototyping • G.D. &T.• Project Management
Aerojet (Redmond, WA) May 2011 to Jan 2012
(Senior Tooling Engineer, contractor)
• Designed tooling to assist in the assembly, testing and delivery of assemblies for the Orion program.
• Responsible duties: designs, shared in analysis duties, drawings, procuring materials, scheduling design reviews and assembling components upon completion of fabrication, Pro/E administrative functions.
• Coordinated and managed multiple jobs to ensure cost and schedule constraints were adhered.
Aerojet (Redmond, WA & Sacramento, CA) Feb 2010 to Jan 2011
(Senior Design Engineer, contractor)
• Designed left and right thruster Roll Control Housing for NASA’s Orion Program utilizing Pro Engineer V3.
• Assisted in the development and implementation of trade studies for the design and fabrication process of the Roll Thruster Housing on the Orion Command Module.
• Assisted in the selection of vendors for Titanium casting of the thruster housing by coordinating expert information and NASA System Requirements for Orion Command Module.
• Coordinated specific interface design detail design information with Lockheed-Martin to ensure proper fit and function between Housing and Thruster Plate.
General Dynamics-Advanced Information Systems (Gilbert, AZ) July 2009 to Feb 2010
(Senior Design Engineer-contractor)
• Functioned as Lead Mechanical Engineer on six projects to support LDCM Solar Array development and testing of subsystems.
• Utilized (Siemens’) Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management tools to create Engineering Change Requests, (ECR’s), create part numbers, release drawings and order parts.
• Assisted Lead Engineer with design and development of flight hardware and test equipment for the Landsat Data Continuity Mission (LDCM) Solar Array.
• Created and released procedures to test the subassemblies and mechanisms associated with the LDCM Solar Array.
Orbital Sciences Corporation (Chandler, AZ) May 2008 to May 2009
(Senior Engineer, contractor)
• Created over 50% of the conceptual models of Structural Mechanical Ground Support equipment using Solidworks 2009 and Mathcad for Orbital Sciences Taurus II COTS program.
• Assisted with the development of all system requirements for Mechanical Ground Support Equipment for Taurus II COTS Program.
• Performed over 25 tolerance stack ups on developed hardware to determine fit, form and function checks.
• Assisted in the development of the three different concepts of operations for Taurus II upper stack integration.
Lockheed-Martin Mission Services (Houston, TX) December 2007 to May 2008
(GHG Design Engineer, contractor)
• Designed and developed full-scale prototype mechanisms for Crew Systems Habitation Accommodations utilizing Pro E Wildfire 2.0 and Z print software.
• Created simplified representations of assemblies consisting of over 10,000 parts and subassemblies.
• Assisted in the development of specifications for manufacturing hardware for Orion.
• Utilized Windchill and Product View to communicate design progress and analysis to project engineers.
• Supervised junior engineers and designers to assist project engineers with status and workload.
Jacobs Engineering, Design Engineer (Houston, TX) May 2007 to December 2007
(Design Engineer, contractor)
• Utilized Pro E Wildfire and Windchill to create and manage models of mechanisms and concepts.
• Designed and developed flight hardware for STS-124 camera restraint system with minimal cost of materials, development and impact to schedule.
• Designed and coordinated the manufacturing of Orion Command Module Mock up for use in antenna testing.
Oil States Industries Inc., (Houston, TX) October 2006 to May 2007
• Utilized Solidworks 2006 to create structural conceptual solutions for customers.
• Coordinated the manufacturing and procurement of materials to expedite jobs.
• Designed products based on customer requirements and API specifications.
• Created manufacturing, testing and procurement specifications to meet departmental needs.
Oceaneering International. Inc., (Houston, TX) February 2005 to October 2006
(Design and Systems Engineer)
• Assisted in the design, fabrication and testing of hardware, software and hand tools for the Overlay Tile Repair Project for NASA’s Return to Flight effort.
• Designed and developed test hardware that enabled real time support of STS -114 gap filler issue using Pro/E Wildfire.
• Re-designed Delta Pressure Valve to suppress oscillations and mitigate risks associated with failure.
• Assisted in the maintenance and repair of the SRMS and SSRMS based at the Sonny Carter Training Facility.
• Contributed to 50,000 hours of safe diving and VPP Star Awards.
Lockheed-Martin Space Systems (Houston, TX) January 2004 to January 2005
(Design Engineer, contractor)
• Assisted in the 3 Degree of Freedom Orbital Boom Sensor System Simulator project with design of structural stand and mechanisms, prototyping, testing, assembly and verification of components.
• Provided multiple concepts and solutions to allow crewmembers the ability to limit the amount of torque being applied to the RCC plug repair concept.
• Designed a torque limiting Snap-On tool for NASA’s Return to Flight effort that uses pre-existing interface technology familiar to crewmembers and compliant to JSC 2626A.
• Used Pro-Intralink on a daily basis to store and communicate concepts, revisions, final designs and drawings to lead engineer and project management.
1999-2003 University of Texas at Austin, Bachelors of Science Mechanical Engineering
Software Skill Sets:
PTC Pro/E: Versions (2001- Wildfire 4.0), ProMechanica, Mathcad, Intralink, Windchill
Dassault Systèmes: SolidWorks (2006-2011), Cosmos Works
Siemens: Unigraphics NX6 (less than 500 hours), Teamcenter (Engineering & PLM 2007)
ANSYS: ANSYS Workbench
Z Corporation: Z Print Software
Continuing Education Courses:
GD&T and Tolerance Stack Up Analysis, Lock-Out Tag-Out, Electrostatic Discharge, Torque Certification, Six Sigma, Clean-Room Experience and, Certified Open Water Diver.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.