Education, Honors, and Certifications
M.S. Space Studies
International Space University, Strasbourg, France. 2007
Bachelor of Science Applied Physics
Metropolitan University, San Juan PR. 2006
NASA Meteorite Ambassador Certification, CAST Conference 2011
Model Institutions for Excellence Scholar 2002-2006
Fellows Enhancing Science and Technology Project Fellow 2004
Ronald McNair Scholar 2003
Environmental Health & Safety training for laboratory Instructors, Introduction to Astronomy Laboratory Instructor, Apr. 2009-Present, University of Texas Brownsville, Brownsville TX
Eager to be part of a project that will allow me to use the knowledge, background, networks, and resources I’ve gathered over the years to bring space to our people.
Over ten years of experience in Education and Outreach. Fully Bilingual English and Spanish.
Use of online technologies for the dissemination of Space Education. Developed activities for the community integrating subject areas using wide variety of teaching aids, motivational and implementation strategies to engage students in active learning.
Developed and conducted inter-grade, inter-discipline activities utilizing external resources for integration of curriculum with private sector and higher learning institutions. Experienced in producing results within a limited budget and having coordinated activities and projects successfully
Implement technological approaches to subject material. Experienced researcher of educational resources on the internet as well as libraries, non-profit organizations and grants. Assist with information retrieval, project development and grant writing.
Designed and conducted various faculty and student workshops in multiple basic software and online technologies. Instructed corporate personnel in use of word processing, desktop publishing, and drafting programs for conversion from manual typesetting and drafting to computer assisted methods including online media.
Over 5 years of experience in the instruction of corporate personnel and faculty in the use of word processing, desktop publishing, and drafting programs for conversion from manual typesetting and drafting to computer assisted methods including online resources.
12 years of experience in Space Studies, Astronomy and Education including work at the Kitt Peak Observatory in Arizona, followed by two summers of research with the Vatican Observatory Group operating the VATT Telescope.
Professional Development in Education
· Assistant Director, Teacher Quality Grants Program-Astrobiology, University of Texas Brownsville, June 2011-present
· Instructor/Researcher, University of Texas Brownsville, Jan 2008- present
· Observatory Coordinator, University of Texas Brownsville, Aug 2008-June 2011
· External Relations Coordinator, International Space University Space Studies Program ( ISU SSP), NASA Ames Research Park, Moffett Field CA, 2009
· Teaching Associate Space & Society Department, ISU SSP, Universidad Politecnica De Cataluna, Barcelona, Spain, 2009
· Research Mentor, Metropolitan University, San Juan PR 2007-2008
· Graduate Intern , NASA Goddard Space flight Center, Maryland 2007
· Visiting Astronomer, Vatican Observatory Group, VATT, Castel-Gandolfo, Italy, Summer 2004 & 2005
· Student Teacher/ Research Mentor,Aug 2003- to June 2005, Metropolitan University ,San Juan PR
· Summer 2011-Present: “Use of Social Media for the Dissemination of Space Activities” University of Texas Brownsville, Advisor, Dr. Phil Dukes.
· Fall 2010 “Size and albedo of Kuiper belt object 55636 from a stellar occultation”, University of Texas Brownsville, Nature Paper 2010
· Jan 2008- May 2010 “Development of the first Observatory in the Rio Grande Valley Area, The Nompuewenu Observatory Story”, University of Texas Brownsville, Advisor: Dr Mario Diaz
· Aug.-Dec 2007 “Assessment of The knowledge and Interest in Space Exploration of the uprising generation” Saturday Academy, Universidad Metropolitana, San Juan PR. Research mentor to High School Students
· May-Aug 2007 “The Juno Mission Fluxgate Magnetometer” Goddard Space Flight Center- NASA, Greenbelt MD (Lab code 695). Research Mentor: Dr. Mario Acuña
· Spring 2007 “Voyager 1 and 2: Furthering our understanding of plasma in the Solar System and beyond” International Space University-Goddard Space Flight Center-NASA, Strasbourg France; Greenbelt MD Research Mentor: Dr. Hugh Hill
· Jan-May 2007 “Space Technologies for Archeology and Research Tools-START” International Space University, Strasbourg France. Research Mentor: Dr. Isabelle Scholl
· Summer –fall 2005 “Color of the Stars Oh Be A Fine Girl Kiss Me” Specola Vaticana, Castel Gandolfo, Italy/ Tucson AZ. Universidad Metropolitana, San Juan PR. Research Mentor: Richard Boyle S.J
· Jan-May 2005 “Study of the growth curve of the Ecoli Bacteria in medium containing ZnO nanoparticles” Universidad Metropolitana, San Juan PR. Research Mentor: Dr. Javier Avalos
· Summer 2004 “Search for G-type Candidate Stars on Ground Based Observations for Keppler Mission using Strömvil Filters” Specola Vaticana Castel Gandolfo-Italy, Tucson AZ. Research Mentor: Dr. Richard Boyle S.J.
· Jan-May 2004 “A Study of Daily Temperature Changes Using Remote Sensing and GIS at el Yunque Rain
· NASA Space Science Day- Ut Brownsville,
· World Space Week 2011, 50 Years of Human Space Flight, UT Brownsville, Brownsville, TX , Oct 2011
· Space Exploration Timeline, Teacher quality Grants Program, UT Brownsville, Brownsville, TX Summer 2011
· World Space Week 2010, Mysteries of the Cosmos, UT-Brownsville, Brownsville, TX Oct 2010
· World Space Week 2009, International Year of Astronomy, UT-Brownsville, TX Nov 2009
· Amazing Skies, Volunteer, International Museum of Art and Science, McAllen TX, April 2009
· NASA Space Science Day at UTB 2010, session organizer and presenter, UT Brownsville, Brownsville TX Jan 2010
· 100 Hours of Astronomy, “Star Party & Yuri’s Night” Event Host & Coordinator, University of Texas Brownsville, April 2009
· Teacher Quality Grants Program, Proposal: Astrobiology, June 2010- April 2012, Participation as Assistant Director, lecturer, resident astronomer and class observer.
· Innovative Developments to Enhance Aerospace Education and Research Project (IDEAS-ER/NASA); Proposals: “Science into Action: The Composition and Structure of Celestial Bodies”, May 2003-April 2004, Participation as Resource and Collaborator. “Modeling Our Solar System”, March 2004-February 2005, Participation as Resource and Collaborator. “A 3-D Close-Up Vision of the Moon and Sun in Our Atmosphere”, March 2005-February 2006. Participation as Collaborator.
· Consejo de Educación Superior de Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico Superior Education Advisory Board) Proposal: “Proyecto de Certicacion de maestros de fisica Publicas/Privadas” (Project of Certification of Physics teachers of Public and Private Schols in Puerto Rico”) June 2004 – July 2005. Participation as Resource.
· NSF/MIE-Saturday Academy Program (SART); Proposals as Principal Investigator: “Developing Weather Maps” ,“Building of a Planetarium”, “Assessment of the knowledge and interest in Space Exploration of the Uprising Generation”, “Earth Time Vs. Moon Tine”, “Scale Model Of A Lunar Base: Luna GAIA”, “Importance of Space Technologies for health in Puerto Rico”
n American Astronomical Society-Jr. Member
n ISU Alumni
n National Society of Hispanic Physicist
n National Space Society (NSS)
n NSS- Puerto Rico Chapter President
n Sociedad de Astronomia de Puerto Rico- Capitulo de San Juan
n Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science
n Society of Physics Students
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.