Iowa State University Asteroid Deflection Research Center, Ames, IA, 2010-Current
Graduate Research Assistant: Systems Engineer
• Innovated, analyzed, and proposed a Hypervelocity Nuclear Interceptor System (HNIS) to disrupt near-Earth objects
• Arranged and directed an Asteroid Mission Design Software Toolbox (AMiDST) to connect research areas of ADRC with reliable, professional commercial software
• Developed, authored, and presented an Earth-impact probability computation tool to assess disrupted asteroid fragments via high-energy disruption/fragmentation mission techniques
• Supported the formation of a hydrocode to study effects of high-energy deflection/disruption impacts under smoothed-particle-hydrodynamics theory
• Conducted simulations of asteroid interceptors using various guidance, navigation, and control schemes
Iowa State University Asteroid Deflection Research Center, Ames, IA, 2009-2010 Undergraduate Research Assistant: Systems Engineer
• Adopted and researched an Interplanetary Ballistic Missile (IPBM) System architecture design for near-Earth objects
• Developed and created a versatile, integrated space vehicle exceeding technical parameters and a preliminary configuration of the IPBM systems using SolidWorks
• Authored an International Astronautical Congress white paper of the IPBM system and integrated space vehicle
Emerson Process Management Fisher Controls LLC, Marshalltown, IA, June-December 2008 Co-op: Project Leader
• Managed and coordinated vendor’s quotes, acquisition requests, and purchase orders for heat-treating furnace control systems project
• Designed, tested, and integrated Load Entry Software with SuperDATA and SD Recorder
• Attended weekly engineering meetings to discuss project progress and wrote operation manuals
M.E. Aerospace Engineering, Graduation Expected: Spring 2012 Iowa State University, Ames, IA GPA 3.84/4.00
Advisor: Dr. Bong Wie
Related Coursework: Guidance and Navigation of Space Vehicles, Random Signal Analysis and Kalman Filtering, Orbital Mechanics, Automatic Control of Flight Vehicles, Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Numerical Analysis, Design of Aerospace and Spacecraft Systems, Modern Design Methodology with Aerospace Applications, Astrodynamics II, Linear Algebra, Advanced Flight Structures, and Aerospace Vehicle Propulsion.
B.S. Aerospace Engineering, Graduation: Spring 2010 Iowa State University, Ames, IA GPA 3.43/4.00 Senior Project: Delivery of Nuclear Penetrator to Disrupt Probable Earth-Impacting Bodies
Iowa State University Department of Aerospace Engineering, Ames, IA August 2010-May 2011 Teacher Assistant
• Led sessions for Flight Dynamics and Controls (August-December 2010)
• Led recitation sections for Numerical Methods in Linux lab (January-May 2011)
• Manage Class Website using HTML and Tortoise SVN (January-May 2011) Iowa State University Department of Aerospace Engineering, Ames, IA August 2009-May 2010 Senior Design Group: Asteroid Deflection Team, Project Leader
• Designed and created a spacecraft to deliver a nuclear penetrator to a threatening asteroid
• Authored and presented a final report of the mission design and spacecraft configuration
• Led weekly meetings to discuss project progress and individual reports Iowa State University
Department of Aerospace Engineering, Ames, IA August 2007-May 2009 Near-Earth Asteroid Rendezvous Project, Systems Engineer
• Designed and created a spacecraft to a near-Earth asteroid
• Explored various subsystems and used SolidWorks for preliminary spacecraft configuration
• Conducted weekly preliminary design reviews including progress updates
AIAA Agricultural Unmanned Aircraft System Competition Project, Controls Analyst
• Developed multi-input, multi-output lead-lag control calculating stability derivatives using SIMULINK
• Devised and tested control system within project budget and design constraints
• Presented project at AIAA Region V Technical Conference
Iowa State University College of Engineering, Ames, IA 2007-2008
• American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Member (2007-Current)
• Lockheed Martin S.T.A.R.S. Leadership Institute Workshop (March 2008)
• Engineering Ambassador for Engineers Week/Career Fair (2007-2008) International
Experience: Study abroad experience in London, England (May 2007)
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
Pitz, A., “Earth-Impact Probability Computation of Disrupted Asteroid Fragments Using GMAT/STK/CODES.” Guidance, Control, and Astrodynamics Seminar Series, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, September 8, 2011.
Pitz, A., Kaplinger, B., and Wie, B., “A Hypervelocity Nuclear Interceptor System (HNIS) for Optimal Disruption of Near-Earth Objects.” AAS-2012-XXX, AAS/AIAA Space Flight Mechanics Meeting, Charleston, SC, January 29 - February 1, 2012. (To Be Presented)
Pitz, A., Teubert, C., and Wie, B., “Earth-Impact Probability Computation of Disrupted Asteroid Fragments Using GMAT/STK/CODES.” AAS-2011-0408, AAS/AIAA Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, Girdwood, AK, August 1-4, 2011.
Hawkins, M., Pitz, A., Wie, B., and Gil-Fernandez, J., “Terminal-Phase Guidance and Control Analysis of Asteroid Interceptors.” AIAA-2010-8348, AAS/AIAA Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, Toronto, Canada, August 2-5, 2010.
Wagner, S., Pitz, A., Zimmerman. D., and Wie, B., “Interplanetary Ballistic Missile System Architecture Design for Threatening Near-Earth Objects.” IAC-09.D1.1.1, International Astrodynamics Conference, Daejeon, Korea, October 12-16, 2009.
HONORS AND AWARDS:
Dean’s List for the College of Engineering (2006-2008) President's Education Awards Program for Outstanding Academic Excellence (2005) National Technology Achievement Award (2005) National Honor Society Member (2003-2004) Who's Who in American High School Students (2003-2004)
Proficient in FORTRAN, C#, MATLAB, SIMULINK, STK, GMAT, CODES, UNIX, Windows, Microsoft Office Products, Internet research, High Performance Computing, LaTeX, TecPlot, and SolidWorks
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.